Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Dragon Ball Z request

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Dragon Ball Z request

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-08, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dragon Ball Z request

I have a Dragonball Z 3 disc set. I am trying to find out what version it is. All I know if it is unedited and uncut. I bought it at a comic book convention a few years back. My problem with the set is it has two discs that are labeled #1. I need the third disc. If anyone knows enough about Dragonball Z and can help, please pm me. Thanks!
Old 04-12-08, 01:43 AM

Pics? Bar Code?
Old 04-13-08, 11:11 AM

Sorry I've been real busy lately and haven't been able to get on here. The bar code number is 4988102822712. Thanks!
Old 04-14-08, 10:14 AM

Are you missing ANY numbers? I can't seem to find that.
Old 04-14-08, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by McButton
Are you missing ANY numbers? I can't seem to find that.
I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll double check and post a couple of pics. (my camera was dead)
Old 04-14-08, 06:26 PM

Pictures! Should have done this the first time!

Old 04-14-08, 07:24 PM

All 6 of these have the same Bar Code.
http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/s...2&fsoo=2&fvi=1

Looks legit, but could just be a good ripoff. Not too sure. I've gotten a few Asian dvds that spelled almost EVERYTHING wrong on the box. Holywod = Hollywood. I got a Cowboy Beebop that looks like what you have, but has a slip cover. I just checked, and the bar code comes up...well..looks the same as yours. Hrmm...Outlaw Star Set too. LAIN too. It's either some default code, or someone is making awesome bootlegs, because the quality is fantastic. =(
Old 04-14-08, 07:25 PM

I'd say just cut your losses and either get the real thing, or some lower grade import with less discs, more eps, with nearly the same quality?
Old 04-14-08, 07:32 PM

Found this. My BeeBop discs are AWESOME and engraved. Very High Quality.
Has an FX on the bottom corner for the company. Explained below. I threw up a post here: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....81#post8626581 to get some answers.

What are HK DVD's?

In a word, HK DVD's are bootlegs. The reason they are referred to as HK DVD's is because these bootlegs are primarily produced in Hong Kong, China.

HK DVD manufacturers are generally able to sell their DVD's at extremely low prices, compared to Region One (R1) and Region Two (R2) DVD's, because they pay no licensing fees to any movie or series creators or official DVD producers in any country.

While some HK DVD producers simply copy R1 DVD's and sell them as their own, many companies do not. Since R1 DVD's, which include official English subtitles, are rarely released as new programs are shown in Asia, many HK DVD makers use R2 DVD's and Laserdisks in addition to television feeds for the basis of their Japanese audio and video. English subtitle scripts are then created by HK DVD producers or are taken directly from fan-subtitled (fan-subbed) material.

Once the Japanese audio and video are combined with the English scripts, they are produced and sold to the public.

II. Who Makes HK DVD's?

There are primarily four companies that produce HK DVD's. Those companies are: Anime Cartoon/Manga International (AC/MI), Anime Studio (AS/MAC), Animation Video (AV), and FX.

AC/MI
AC DVD cases usually have a small, orange triangle with the words "Anime Cartoon" printed on the lower, left-hand corner. The original MI disk cases have a small, green M, with the words "Manga International" stamped on the lower-left hand corner. As of the creation of this guide, MI no longer places any logo on the exterior of the DVD case.

MI is often considered to be one of the best HK DVD manufacturers, usually boasting superior audio, video, and subtitle quality. Their quality is usually looked upon with high regards, but do not expect the same quality of officially licensed DVD's.

Unfortunately, many of MI's recent releases have greatly decreased in quality. Rather than basing their DVD's from official R2 DVD's or laserdisks, many of MI's newest series are based off of TV rips, which result in poorer audio and video quality.

You may visit AC/MI at their website, located at http://www.anime-cartoon.com/.

AS/MAC
AS DVD cases usually have a small, blue moon with the words "Anime Studio" printed on the lower, left-hand corner. Although, the most current releases feature a yellow moon.

The quality of AS's DVD’s is usually regarded less than AC/MI's. The quality degradation is usually a result of compression, which allows more episodes to fit on a single disk. The main of advantage of AS is their cost and copies of officially licensed DVD's that many other companies do not feature.

AS recently changed their name to MAC. As MAC, some old titles were remasterd and all of their new releases are under the MAC banner. MAC's DVD's are usually direct rips, with no alterations, from FX, MI, Region 1 DVD's. They also have some original work; such as Hellsing, which features good, original subtitles.

You may visit AS/MAC at their website, located at http://www.animegod.com/.

AV
The old AV DVD cases usually have a small, red triangle with the words "Animation Video" printed on the lower, left-hand corner that bears a striking resemblance to the AC logo. The new titles however, don't use this logo anymore.

FX
FX DVD cases usually have a small, red circle enclosing the green letters "FX" printed on the lower-left hand corner. Although the newer releases don't appear to have the logo anymore. In place of the "FX" logo, Animation World International Limited or Animation City International Limited is usually printed on the back of the DVD case.

FX DVD’s are primarily copies of officially licensed DVD’s and are often regarded as "perfect" copies. As it is with any other HK DVD manufacturer, no release is actually "perfect" but many of FX’s reproductions have few flaws.
Old 04-16-08, 04:39 PM

Please close. I received the answer I was looking for.