Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Travel Dilemma: Which Drunken Weekend Should I Do?

NotThatGuy
04-12-08, 12:39 AM
Okay....in the last day I've had two offers for drunken weekends, but I'm having a hard time deciding.

Option #1: The Preakness (giant ass party /horse race) with my best friend (#1), some of her friends. We'd also hit a wine party and a pub crawl that weekend. Much fun, but not much chance I'd get lucky....at least without some planning and/or random pickup at a bar.

Option #2: Visit another good friend (#2) the week after. She wants to have a drunken weekend where we open up a can of whoop ass on the town bars and otherwise have a good time. I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of drunken sex involved too.

Both trips would cost the same airfare, though the 2nd would cost another $150-$200 for a hotel room for the weekend (priceline maybe?).

There sort of is a 3rd option....of having the good friend (#2) drive down to the Preakness, but she and my best friend(#1) don't really get along with each other, and friend #2's friends would be around for the weekend, which would cause drama.

I'd love to do both, but financially I can't.

What would you do?

Kittydreamer
04-12-08, 12:46 AM
Peddy, fuck it all and come see me. You know you want to. Come on. It will be fun. We'll pick up Scorcho, he'll have to sit in the back in the toddler's seat but that's ok, we can see if we can get the WA gang to come down, maybe kvrdave and that other ugy will come down and we'll go do jelloshots somewhere. :up:

gilbertr76
04-12-08, 01:02 AM
Peddy, fuck it all and come see me. You know you want to. Come on. It will be fun. We'll pick up Scorcho, he'll have to sit in the back in the toddler's seat but that's ok, we can see if we can get the WA gang to come down, maybe kvrdave and that other ugy will come down and we'll go do jelloshots somewhere. :up:
Friends come and go, but the Otter Farm is eternal...

grrrah
04-12-08, 01:02 AM
D) Credit Card!

Really, I'd go Preakness. #2 sounds like something you can do anytime.

The Bus
04-12-08, 01:06 AM
Preakness, because I am within driving distance.

NotThatGuy
04-12-08, 06:53 AM
:lol:

KD.....I'll be on the Left Coast for a wedding at the end of june, but alas....not in Portland. :(

The Preakness is quite fun.....as is Friend #2. I may float Option 3 with her and see how she reacts. I floated it to my best friend and she was like, "Hell no!!"...before softening her position to, "we'll see how it goes". She's a good wingwoman, so she knows that in the end....she'd find a way to deal.

Kittydreamer
04-12-08, 05:48 PM

KD.....I'll be on the Left Coast for a wedding at the end of june, but alas....not in Portland. :(

The Preakness is quite fun.....as is Friend #2. I may float Option 3 with her and see how she reacts. I floated it to my best friend and she was like, "Hell no!!"...before softening her position to, "we'll see how it goes". She's a good wingwoman, so she knows that in the end....she'd find a way to deal.
So, you're saying I'm not worth the drive? *sniff* :sad:

NotThatGuy
04-12-08, 06:03 PM

Never!

I have a sorta 4th option.....Friend #2 comes down, we get a hotel room, and then we use that one night in case others aren't sober enough to drive home. I'm hoping we have a DD so her and I get at least a night or two to uhm...catch up. I know someone who can get us an employee rate, which I hope is <$100. I guess I could always PL it.

This way gives enough space for my best friend and my other friend, offers a place to crash if we need it, and gets me time away, as I'll be spending 4 days with my best friend, whom I love to death, but time apart is good too.

The Cow
04-12-08, 06:50 PM
Preakness is over in about 60 seconds.

Go with the girl, if you like her.

Odd, this would have been closed in the old (a few months ago) days. New internet lords that don't give a shit :down: (down to the internet lords, not your post)

ernestrp
04-12-08, 08:21 PM
Preakness. I have been to many and seen Seattle Slew and Affiirmed on their road to glory but generally I have always hated Pimlico, track bias back then. Last time I was there was when Desputed Testimony won. I dont think it is like it was back then. Maybe you should do something else on your list.

TomOpus
04-12-08, 09:24 PM

Go with the girl, if you like her.With the girl, it would be over in 90 seconds... so it's a toss-up.

:)

dieinafire
04-12-08, 10:20 PM
I picked option 2. Guaranteed pussy.

NotThatGuy
04-13-08, 02:09 AM

Go with the girl, if you like her.

Odd, this would have been closed in the old (a few months ago) days. New internet lords that don't give a shit :down: (down to the internet lords, not your post)

Who goes For the horse race?!! I'd definiteyl go for the drinking.

As for the internet lords....yeah, sadstate of affairs.

NotThatGuy
04-13-08, 02:10 AM
Preakness. I have been to many and seen Seattle Slew and Affiirmed on their road to glory but generally I have always hated Pimlico, track bias back then. Last time I was there was when Desputed Testimony won. I dont think it is like it was back then. Maybe you should do something else on your list.
They were much better when they were family owned...I use to get all sorts of good stuff from theim back then, now they are justcorp,and it sucks.

NotThatGuy
04-13-08, 02:12 AM
With the girl, it would be over in 90 seconds... so it's a toss-up.

:)
I talked wiht her tonight.....I was very drunk, and she seemed opent to the idea if she could change weekends with someone. I can pickup the hotel and food, and it should work. It'll cost me way too much to fly up there a week later.

I should give hersome of the beads I got tonight....that should win her over!

TomOpus
04-13-08, 02:51 AM
Yes, we know how the women love the beads :up:

superdeluxe
04-13-08, 03:37 AM
Okay....in the last day I've had two offers for drunken weekends, but I'm having a hard time deciding.

Option #1: The Preakness (giant ass party /horse race) with my best friend (#1), some of her friends. We'd also hit a wine party and a pub crawl that weekend. Much fun, but not much chance I'd get lucky....at least without some planning and/or random pickup at a bar.

Option #2: Visit another good friend (#2) the week after. She wants to have a drunken weekend where we open up a can of whoop ass on the town bars and otherwise have a good time. I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of drunken sex involved too.

Both trips would cost the same airfare, though the 2nd would cost another $150-$200 for a hotel room for the weekend (priceline maybe?).

There sort of is a 3rd option....of having the good friend (#2) drive down to the Preakness, but she and my best friend(#1) don't really get along with each other, and friend #2's friends would be around for the weekend, which would cause drama.

I'd love to do both, but financially I can't.

What would you do?

3rd option is out the door, I would go for the first option.

NotThatGuy
05-01-08, 07:07 PM
To provide an update.....

Option #1 won out. We have a fun weekend planned, b/c her housemate is renting out a bar and there should be plenty of strippers there....hoo-ray!

Friend #2 is really busy with work,though I may see her later this summer when I'm up in the area.