Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Iron Man (Lions Gate DVD) - Collectible or Not?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Iron Man (Lions Gate DVD) - Collectible or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-08, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iron Man DVD - High in Demand or Not?

Anyone thinks that Lions Gate did a smart move having Iron Man as their "Bust/Figure" included in the set?

Me, I think its a smart move now that Iron Man (Live Action) is coming out.. as fans will flock to get a hand on this set? but wait is it still available? (HELL YEAH!... its just that no one cares .. hehehe)

But for me... I think the RAREST among the rest were the ones with minimates set exclusive and very limited from Toys R Us & Kmart

Last edited by xage; 04-11-08 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-12-08, 01:52 AM
TRC

There's another set I've seen at Suncoast, possibly an exclusive. It has Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2 and the CD soundtrack. The soundtrack is packaged in a DVD keepcase so at first glance it looks like a trilogy set. Do you have that one?
Old 04-12-08, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by TRC
There's another set I've seen at Suncoast, possibly an exclusive. It has Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2 and the CD soundtrack. The soundtrack is packaged in a DVD keepcase so at first glance it looks like a trilogy set. Do you have that one?

Was this the Thor cover art?
Old 04-12-08, 06:47 PM
TRC

I believe it's this version.
Old 04-13-08, 07:40 PM

I noticed that the slipcover on your Iron Man dvd does not have the Best Buy Exclusive sticker on it, promoting the exclusive free trading cards inside. Did you miss that one?
Old 04-13-08, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

no it's not a collectible and it's gonna be worthless, if it's not already.
Old 04-13-08, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Definitely agree toddly6666. Not collectible in the slightest and worth no more than any other dvd with gimmick packaging.
Old 04-13-08, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
That Iron Man is part of the Marvel Icon series of busts. They're not selling like hot cakes or anything right now. They have a retail of $45 and generally go for around $20 on average on ebay.
Old 04-13-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The most recent DVD collectible that could bank some serious profit was that Transforming Optimus Prime DVD case for the TRANSFORMERS DVD. It will be worth money because it's just so cool, and that it's an actual transformer - A DVD case that transforms into a robot. Plus it will be worth money whether it's in the packaging or not. People will always like Transformers and will pay anything to get the ones they want...

Other DVD collectible gimmicks that are worthless:
1. Out of Print or Limited DVDs. They will get released on DVD eventually. If the movie is an obscure out-of-print flick never to be released again, there won't be a market for it, since it's so obscure.

2. The Evil Dead screaming book cases. Once the battery dies, no one cares about it anymore. Worthless. Funny product, but worthless.