Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CSI:---"A Thousand Days on Earth"---4/10/08

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-08, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
CSI:---"A Thousand Days on Earth"---4/10/08

Sounds like a Catherine-themed episode. I know there is alot of Catherine haters here.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Catherine investigates the murder of a 3-year-old girl who was killed behind a comedy club, and the case takes on personal meaning for her as she becomes determined to track down the perpetrator.

Old 04-10-08, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ending of this episode is one issue I've always wished would be addressed on these crime shows. It's absolutely true, everything that was said. (obviously I'm being vague for spoiler purposes)
Old 04-11-08, 06:07 AM

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick Martin
The ending of this episode is one issue I've always wished would be addressed on these crime shows. It's absolutely true, everything that was said. (obviously I'm being vague for spoiler purposes)
Oh, yeah, that's gonna come back to haunt her.

Even with everything else in last night's show, my wife said Catherine's last encounter with the Megan's List guy seriously creeped her out.
Old 04-11-08, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I liked the confrontation at the end.

I don't think the guy is dangerous.

Was any one else impressed by the acting of the girlfriend? She was perky and excited about life.
Old 04-11-08, 09:06 AM

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Was any one else impressed by the acting of the girlfriend? She was perky and excited about life.
It's not hard for actresses to be impressive when their only competition is Marg Helgenberger and Jorja Fox (previously).
Old 04-11-08, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wasn't excessively Catherine-heavy, as if it matter. I kind of liked the scene where Grissom allowed the cute DNA girl to show up Hodges.

And that last scene was easily the best thing CSI has done this year.
Old 04-11-08, 12:28 PM

Catherine's always been the holier-than-thou member of the team. She'll tear into a suspect and berate them for being the earth's scum, only for said suspect to be innocent at the end. You'd think she would have learned by now (or that the writers would come up with something different for the character). But I liked the confrontation. Everything Dean James said was right on the mark. I can see this attitude ulimately coming back to haunt Catherine.
Old 04-12-08, 02:25 AM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
I really loved this episode. And they stayed true to character with Catherine just not giving a flying that she ruined this guy's life. From what Grissom said earlier, Dean James' explanation of his arrest was probably exactly what happened. But Catherine just does not care. She "did her job"

P.S. Liz Vassey is way way too hot for who they are setting her up with in the show.
Old 04-12-08, 03:29 AM

I went and turned on the SD broadcast on my 4:3 TV so I could see the credits on it, and sure enough as mentioned in last week's thread the actor's names were cropped off. That's pretty funny.
Old 04-12-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk God

I went and turned on the SD broadcast on my 4:3 TV so I could see the credits on it, and sure enough as mentioned in last week's thread the actor's names were cropped off. That's pretty funny.
I'm surprised that noone at CBS has noticed that yet. But, I guess they are only watching the 16X9 HD Telecast.
Old 04-12-08, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
The episode threw me because the victim had nothing to do with the comedian or the guy who heckled him.

I really liked the ending. I'm hoping Catherine reaches out and helps that guy rather than the writers go through the cliche of having him stalk her or keep his promise about offing himself in front of her.
Old 04-12-08, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
The episode threw me because the victim had nothing to do with the comedian or the guy who heckled him.

I really liked the ending. I'm hoping Catherine reaches out and helps that guy rather than the writers go through the cliche of having him stalk her or keep his promise about offing himself in front of her.
Talk about a hell of a misdirection. huh?

We are talking about Catherine Willows here. Somehow 'helpful' is not on the list of words that describe her.
Old 04-13-08, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
There was something 'off' about that intro and I didn't buy for a second that either of them had anything to do with the murder. I also believed Dean James' story. The dad in prison, however, blind-sided me.

Great episode though and a terrific ending. I also think the guy is harmless.
Old 04-13-08, 09:52 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
I thought the direction and "look" of this episode was fantastic.

Yes, the ending was great.
Old 04-13-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Forgot to mention that (broken record here) Liz Vassey was spectacular as usual. They seem to be leaning in the direction of her joining the team but they are taking their sweet time with it. I guess they want enough time to have passed so they don't piss off the Jorja fans before bringing her in.
Old 04-13-08, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Forgot to mention that (broken record here) Liz Vassey was spectacular as usual. They seem to be leaning in the direction of her joining the team but they are taking their sweet time with it. I guess they want enough time to have passed so they don't piss off the Jorja fans before bringing her in.
They took years to make Wallace Langham a regular, and I wish they'd just hurry up and make Vassey a regular as well.

They took forever making Rex Linn a regular on CSI: Miami. He's probably the most 'realistic' character on that show.
Old 04-13-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk God

If they do make Liz a regular, I really hope the writers utilize her more than Louise Lombard. Louise spent like 2 years as a guest star before they promoted her to a regular, but they never gave her any good storylines and those damn Joja fans hated her because they thought she was a threat to Grissom-Sara relationship. Now Louise has left the show.

But, unlike Sofia (Louise), Wendy is alot more charming and charismatic and I think she would be a great addition to the team.
Old 04-13-08, 03:11 PM

Lombard had the hardest time hiding her British accent. It was strange hearing her speak because it just slipped through so much.
Old 04-13-08, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I like that line - I was only doing my job. I don't think enough law enforcement shows (or real life for that matter) remember that they are doing their job, but it is these people's LIFE. It can create some bad situations, why criminals can be so desperate.
Old 04-14-08, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They took forever making Rex Linn a regular on CSI: Miami. He's probably the only 'realistic' character on that show.
That's more like it.
Old 04-14-08, 12:15 PM

True enough. I stand corrected.
Old 04-14-08, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great episode....one of my favorites of the series so far.
Old 04-14-08, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did anyone else 'tear' up when they brought those Middle Eastern (?) parents in to view the young girls body?

The mother couldn't even look at the body and the reaction of the father was heartbreaking, because he was relieved that it wasn't their daugher, but at the same time the 'not knowing' was going to continue on in their lives.

I also thought this was one of the best CSI episodes in a long time. There were no winners in this story. The 'real' father of the dead girl had to see his daughters body on TV. The 'real' mother was killed because they felt they had to run to keep their family together. Dean James life was ruined because he made a drug induced mistake and probably was not interested in children in any way and now had been registered as a 'sex offender', lost his girlfriend (though he should have told her the truth) and his job.

Well written episode.

Chris
Old 04-14-08, 08:04 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Did anyone else 'tear' up when they brought those Middle Eastern (?) parents in to view the young girls body?

Chris
Yes. It was one of many things that were just spot on in this episode.

I hope that the overriding concept of how the innocent are affected as well as the guilty was not a one time thing and is instead a theme they build on in future episodes.
Old 04-14-08, 09:36 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I also thought this was a great episode.