Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Dancing with the Stars - (04/07/08 & 04/08/08) - 9 couples left...

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which couple will have the lowest combined score and be sent home?
Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas
0%
Mario (Barrett) & Karina Smirnoff
6.25%
Priscilla Presley & Louis van Amstel
0%
Marlee Matlin & Fabian Sanchez
6.25%
Jason Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska
0%
Cristián de la Fuente & Cheryl Burke
0%
Shannon Elizabeth & Derek Hough
6.25%
Marissa Jaret Winokur & Tony Dovolani
43.75%
Adam Carolla & Julianne Hough
37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-08, 07:38 AM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts

Episode 604a - Mon April 7 8/7c - 1h36m

The nine remaining couples must give it their all in the Paso Doble and Viennese Waltz!

Episode 604b - Tues April 8 9/8c - 1 Hour
The Results Show... and only one couple goes home!

Old threads and results:
Old 04-07-08, 11:38 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kristy I Think Will Win It All
Old 04-07-08, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sidenote: Latest TVGuide reports that Paula Abdul is trying to get on Dancing with the Stars next fall not as a choreographer but as a contestant. She's working with FOX (because of Idol) and ABC to make that happen.

Now, that would be interesting though in all fairness they would have to pair her up with other dancing professionals.
Old 04-07-08, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Carolla should get a 10 for being able to ride the unicyle
Old 04-07-08, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by big whoppa
Sidenote: Latest TVGuide reports that Paula Abdul is trying to get on Dancing with the Stars next fall not as a choreographer but as a contestant. She's working with FOX (because of Idol) and ABC to make that happen.

Now, that would be interesting though in all fairness they would have to pair her up with other dancing professionals.

According to Marilu Henner, they won't let her on because she had 'professional dance lessons' when she was younger and now they're seriously thinking about letting Paula participate?
Doesn't she have major problems with her neck and back? And is on medication because of it?
Old 04-07-08, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Kristi - I think it'll be because of Kristi that they start 2-part scoring: technical and artistic because she got her 10's from the technical side, while coming up a little short on the performance side. I fear she might have started out too strong, we'll see.

Adam - Scored a 10 on the off-the-wall comedy side, but I think scarecrows could have danced better than Adam. Poor Julianne, she's giving it her all, dressing up Adam's dance deficiencies any way she can.

Priscilla - Got her lowest scores, but I think the judges were a little rough on her. Her strength will almost always be on the artistic side.

Mario - He was too exaggerated in his movements, and I don't get any sense of chemistry between him and Karina. Mario was still a little sloppy getting to the holds.

Marley - A pleasure to watch, she hits the emotional framework of her dances, and does a nice job once again.

Jason - Can't believe he got 10s from 2 judges, especially with the minor missteps, but they graded on the artistic and not the technical. Len's 9 was the more appropriate score.

Shannon - She let it rip tonight, made a nice breakthrough in not being self-aware and just flowed very effortlessly in her waltz. But I'm sure people were holding their breath, scared to see Derek hurt himself again. Len scored on the artistic for their 10.

Cristian - Loved the fierceness of Cristian's character during the dance, but it's true, he does look funny when he not in contact with Cheryl, but he's improving week by week.

Marissa - Although always an odd-looking pair when they dance, Marissa and Tony really let loose with their dance and imparted a lot of entertainment value to their performance.

If Adam survives, then Marissa or Mario will go, that's how I see it.
Old 04-07-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Carrie's new hair isn't bad, but I still don't like it.

Marissa got a 24 I think, so that just might save her this week.

What score did Adam get? He should be done this week, but maybe Julianne will get some sympathy from Derek's fans.

I thought Jason and Kristi were both great, I wouldn't complain too much about their high scores. Overall, I think everyone performed better this week than the last.
Old 04-07-08, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Adam got a 19, IIRC.
Old 04-07-08, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 213 Likes on 189 Posts
Really loved Cheryl's outfit, -she seems to be making up for her season in Hell with Wayne Newton. However, Christian does, -as Carrie Ann pointed out, -need to lose the "deer in the headlights" look that he occasionally falls prey to.

Kristi may be the "Melinda Doolittle" of this competition, -a little too good on the technical side, and people will get bored with her. You have to make the veiwers want to root you on, and if you're too precise people tend to gravitate to someone who better needs their support.

Jason is surprising graceful, but he'd sell the romance a little better if she could actually look into his partner's eyes, rather than the top of her head.

On the other hand, while Shannon Elizabeth never did much for me in her film career, for some reason she charms the heck out of me on this show...
Old 04-07-08, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
According to Marilu Henner, they won't let her on because she had 'professional dance lessons' when she was younger and now they're seriously thinking about letting Paula participate?
That's just what they told Marilu's agent. I'm sure they just don't want to lose ad revenue because she won't stop talking long enough to go to commercial.

I forgot most everything that happened before and after Karina's dress, but I do remember that Kristi was very, very good. I found she captured the artistry much better than last week, and I can't see how I would get bored of those performances.

Still, it sure looks like we're headed for a repeat of Season 3.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 04-08-08 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-08-08, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson
On the other hand, while Shannon Elizabeth never did much for me in her film career, for some reason she charms the heck out of me on this show...
Agreed 100%.

The "I'm only in this movie because I'm willing to do nude scenes"-type actresses are typically easily forgotten. However, Shannon Elizabeth seems like a remarkably genuine person. She is indeed very charming, and I hope she goes far in this competition.
Old 04-08-08, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Derek is hospitalized. Karina had to get surgery. Dancing is dangerous to your health.

That riding on a unicycle in a Zorro outfit was crazy. If it were anyone else, Julianne would be tough but figures he doesn't stand a chance.

I felt too many 10's were given out. Especially Carrie Ann who noted the error by Jason.

This week is tougher to call. Since there is a bottom 2 this week, I call Carolla and Mario. Though he might win some viewers with the clown act, Carolla's dancing will probably do him in this week.
Old 04-08-08, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Couldnt believe Carolla and Julianne got the encore
Old 04-08-08, 09:02 PM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts
"I lost 20 pounds of fat and gained 105 pounds of angel."

He made a classy exit!
Old 04-08-08, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Last two weeks the encore dances left...

Never recall that happening before!

So is something going on with Shannon and Derek?
Old 04-09-08, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm more wondering if there's something going on between Cheryl and Cristian.
Old 04-09-08, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
I'm more wondering if there's something going on between Cheryl and Cristian.
I picked up that Cheryl had a crush on Cristian early on. She was finding excuses to hug and kiss the guy. As for her dancing, I don't care for Cheryl's choreography. Just boring overall. She'll have a much harder time with the new guys who have fresher ideas for the performances.

I'm 4-0 for picking the evicted dancers. Yay! No Julianne every week which is the worst part but we'll see her in the pro dances and the finale. There was nothing the girl could do to make Carolla into a dancer. He could have taken it more seriously but chose not do so.

Prescilla in the bottom 2? Her (or her dead husband's) fans will rally for her next week.

Last edited by big whoppa; 04-09-08 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-10-08, 09:35 AM

I just remembered that Melissa is a cervical cancer survivor. That just adds to my admiration of her attitude (but not her dancing!)
Old 04-10-08, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I just remembered that Melissa is a cervical cancer survivor. That just adds to my admiration of her attitude (but not her dancing!)
You meant Marissa?
Old 04-10-08, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by big whoppa
You meant Marissa?
Yup, I meant Marissa...