Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

If your favorite show was not cancelled...

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-08, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

How would you like to see your favorite show continue if it didn't get cancelled? Freaks and Geeks was one of my #1 shows to watch. I'll never understand why it had to be taken off. If it were to continue, I'd like to see lindsay go complete Freak when she goes off with kim on the road trip. It also seemed at the end of the series that Daniel was starting to like hanging out with sam and the other geeks. I think his transition from freak to geek would be interesting. This would of course split up his friendship with Nick and Ken and Sam's friendship with bill and neil would be affected.. Nick would be sent off to the military, go awol and eventually end up messed up even more. I think Ken would eventually come out of the closet as it seemed like he may be gay. And I think Cindy Sanders would become a crazy stalker to sam.

Firefly is another favorite of mine but I'm not sure how the series would continue but i know Joss Whedon said once that he had the whole series planned out. It Could've been the next Star Trek.
Old 04-04-08, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
A friend of mine talked to Sam McMurray at a convention and he said that some of the 2nd season would have dealt with Neal's parents getting a divorce, which would probably affect Neal tremendously, possibly even causing him to join the Freak side. I wish that show had gone on, but at least the 1st season can work well as it does now.
Old 04-04-08, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think most of the shows that we wished wouldn't have gotten canceled were original and we would never know what direction they would/could head. A lot of the ones that seem to stick around are the carbon copy shows.
Old 04-04-08, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Carnivale had 2 more "books" of 2 seasons each to tell. I suspect Daniel Knauf had a very good plan in mind and I really wish it could have continued.
Old 04-04-08, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My show is Newsradio, of course. I would have loved to see the New Hampshire version, and I would have hoped Johnny Johnson would figure prominently.
Old 04-04-08, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Traveler, which aired on ABC last summer, supposedly had a 3-4 season story arc mapped out and I would have loved to have seen it. It wasn't a favroite show of mine, but I did enjoy it.
Old 04-04-08, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clerks the Animated series had some really cool stuff in store according to Kevin Smith's commentary. It really was a disappointment the show didn't live.

Another animated show I wish continued was Mission Hill. The creators give clues how they would have continued the show, and I think it would have been rewarding.

For live action, I wish Wonderfalls had continued...I am not sure where they were going to take it in a second season, but I know the creator of the show had more planned.
Old 04-04-08, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I love Freaks and Geeks, but I do wonder about the longevity of that show. After 2-3 years, they would be out of high school, and some of that charm would probably be gone. What would happen then? Are we going to pull a "Boy Meets World" and have Lindsay and company all go to the same school? How could that have effectively worked? And would they really all still be freaks and geeks? And what about when the geeks go through puberty?

Thought the show was incredible, but these questions make me skeptical of having the quality stay top notch past season two or three.
Old 04-04-08, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jack & Bobby. As warm as Everwood and as smart as The West Wing. Berlanti & Schlamme at their best.

They had 40 more years to cover and only got through the first.

Last edited by Ayre; 04-04-08 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-04-08, 09:28 PM
Banned

The Critic is the show I could have continued longer. Justice League also. There are too many comic books stories that could be told in JLU instead of cramming them in straight to DVD hour and half films.
Old 04-04-08, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I see no reason why the Critic couldn't be on today. That show could have gone on as long as they wanted. Not only are there always new movies to make fun of, but there is quite a bit more they could have done with those characters.

As much as I loved Everwood, I think it had a good run. I just wish we could get the rest of the show on DVD.
Old 04-04-08, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by calhoun07
For live action, I wish Wonderfalls had continued...I am not sure where they were going to take it in a second season, but I know the creator of the show had more planned.
The DVD commentaries had mentions of a few of the ideas they had for a second and third season:

Spoiler:
From wikipedia
* In the second season, Jaye’s therapist would document their sessions, eventually publishing a book on her, which would lead to her being institutionalized with “Joan of Arc Syndrome” in the third season.
* An accidental-pregnancy plotline was also planned for Jaye's lesbian sister Sharon.
* A new "Wax Lion", one who was intact, would be introduced, who would advise Jaye against listening to what the original "Wax Lion" said.
* The young boy who receives a mail order bride from Russia in the "Lovesick Ass" episode would come back in the opening of Season 3 in the same institution as Jaye. He began suffering from pyromania after Jaye broke his heart, which he first manifested by burning Eric's car at the end of the episode.
The accidental pregnancy is set up in the episode where Sharon's girlfriend sleeps with her ex-finance and then sleeps with Sharon. Some of his, er, fluids get transfered from body to body and Sharon would've ended up pregnant.
Old 04-04-08, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
On Arrested Development, it would have been funny to see the reactions to the news that Maeby and George Michael are actually married. Maeby would be freaked out and try to get it annulled, while I think GM would have tried to keep it going.