Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

New Home Theater System RCA Rt2770

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-08, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok its not the best but sounds much better then the setup i had before.... the receiver is awesome... i plan on using this allot liek i say i no its not top notch.... but better then what i had before and anything is better then nothing.. got it at walmart today..... anyone else have this system???

RCA Rt2770 5.1-Channel, 1000-Watt Receiver Home Theater System
Old 04-03-08, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkEyes
i plan on using this allot liek i say i no its not top notch.... but better then what i had before and anything is better then nothing.
After reading that, I have to say you've definitely sold me on this!
Old 04-03-08, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$150 and it puts out 1000 watts! Amazing!
Old 04-03-08, 04:21 PM

ok ok i know i am getting flamed here, i now its not top notch or what ever but does the job for now......
Old 04-03-08, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so, what do you want to know?

If it sounds good to you and you are really enjoying it then I guess that's all you need. I don't think you'll receive a lot of input here or in any other audio forum.
Old 04-03-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DarkEyes
ok ok i know i am getting flamed here, i now its not top notch or what ever but does the job for now......
Actually, flaming is when someone completely tells you that your wrong and openly mocks YOU. Mild sarcasm about low-end equipment is different. However, I'm not sure what pointing out that "know" is only spelled one way, not 3 different ways, should be called.
Old 04-04-08, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Guys, lets not be too hard on the OP. People come here looking for advice and opinions. I would hate to see this forum turn into some others that are all but useless now.

The industry shares the blame for this "adding up the watts" marketing. If he is happy then that is all that matters for now. If he wants to learn more he will and if not, there is no reason to talk down to him.
Old 04-04-08, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Brian Shannon
Guys, lets not be too hard on the OP. People come here looking for advice and opinions. I would hate to see this forum turn into some others that are all but useless now.

The industry shares the blame for this "adding up the watts" marketing. If he is happy then that is all that matters for now. If he wants to learn more he will and if not, there is no reason to talk down to him.

ty very much for that post Brian.. i am new to all this and learning.. so until i learn more i figure for $100 bucks this was a good buy.

as i said in my first post i know its not top notch system, better then what i had for sound and will do till i can get a much better system.. but right now its all i can afford..... i know its not really a 1000 watts... but all i wanted to know was did any one else here use this system.. but looks like i am only one....lol....
Old 04-04-08, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
I have not used that system myself.

If this is new how are you going about setting it up? What type of space is it in? How big is the room? Etc.
Old 04-04-08, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Superman07
I have not used that system myself.

If this is new how are you going about setting it up? What type of space is it in? How big is the room? Etc.

the room is about 120 square feet... i plan on putting the sub woofer on the floor next to the tv... the center speaker on top of the tv.. then have the rear speakers mounted on the walls in the corner facing in towards center of the room. and from speakers the same...

at least thats what i am think right now. wont have time till this week end to do it.. but thats what i was thinking..
Old 04-04-08, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
If the layout of the room allows for it you may be better served by having the rear speakers on the sides facing in (90 degrees v 45 degrees). Same with the fronts for that matter. If you set it up this way the rears and fronts would be perpendicular to each other.

Additionally, the sub may be better further away rather than right next to the TV.

Lastly, I don't know what type of TV you have (CRT, LCD, etc.), but if it is a CRT make sure your speaker is shielded before you put it on top otherwise you won't get a pretty result.
Old 04-04-08, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Superman07
Additionally, the sub may be better further away rather than right next to the TV.
Specifically, they usually work best in a corner.
Old 04-04-08, 11:58 AM

ok thanks for the info i will place the sub away from the tv....

and superman i will try your way this weekend when i set up everything....

and the sub i will try in a few different spots.... spiky thanks for the info..