Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

A few quick Lost question (post season 3) [spoilers]

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-08, 06:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A few quick Lost question (post season 3) [spoilers]

I didn't see a generic Lost thread so I wasn't sure were to ask these... I just finished watching season 3 on DVD this weekend, haven't seen anything of season 4 so if some of these things are answered there just say so and I'll wait for that on DVD. For the most part I'm still enjoying it, I'm curious as to where they are going to go w/ season 4 though and that's my first question, is season 4 the last season? I mean most of the interesting questions have been answered, a good portion of "the Others" have been killed, they have started introducing "post rescue" flash forwards, I just can't see them keeping up the same level of mystery/interest into a 5 season w/o dragging things out (again though I haven't seen anything of season 4).

One thing I don't understand is why haven't they moved into any of the facilities, or now that they have found an entire village, why are they still on the beach?

I thought Jack's dad was dead? So in the flash forward at the end of season 3 why did he tell the other doctor to go up and get his dad and see which of them had had more to drink?

TIA

Last edited by nemein; 03-31-08 at 06:48 AM.
Old 03-31-08, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There are two more seasons planned after the truncated S4.

The actual who "survives" question still lingers. Why they are still on the beach is explored in this current season (there is a schism of sorts).

Originally Posted by nemein
I thought Jack's dad was dead? So in the flash forward at the end of season 3 why did he tell the other doctor to go up and get his dad and see which of them had had more to drink?
Um, because he's high on painkillers?

If I were you, I'd try to get caught up on S4. The just showed the 1st episode last week. I'd imagine ABC would be able to show the entire season again in repeats (WITH pop-up factoids?!) before S5 starts airing. Whether they will or not is another question entirely.
Old 03-31-08, 08:14 AM

If I were you, I'd try to get caught up on S4. The just showed the 1st episode last week
Ah... didn't know they delay it. I just got cable too so I'm trying to figure out when things start and what to watch. Although I'm not sure I can wait week to week. I think I'd almost rather wait several months and then have the ability to watch it all at once.
Old 03-31-08, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can watch the episodes on ABC.com and get caught up that way.

das
Old 03-31-08, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ah... didn't know they delay it. I just got cable too so I'm trying to figure out when things start and what to watch. Although I'm not sure I can wait week to week. I think I'd almost rather wait several months and then have the ability to watch it all at once.
Well and as I said, when ABC repeats the episodes they "enhance" them with these pop-up factoids that are pretty awesome "clues" and catch up on the smaller details. Not sure if that material will be included in the DVD release (though I certainly would pay full price for another Blu-ray season set if it included the ability to toggle THAT feature!).
Old 03-31-08, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Well and as I said, when ABC repeats the episodes they "enhance" them with these pop-up factoids that are pretty awesome "clues" and catch up on the smaller details. Not sure if that material will be included in the DVD release (though I certainly would pay full price for another Blu-ray season set if it included the ability to toggle THAT feature!).

When is the repeat broadcast? Is this popup something new for this season? I don't recall/didn't see anything like that on the DVDs so far.
Old 03-31-08, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that you misunderstood him a little. They have already aired 8 episodes of Season 4, with the 1st episode being repeated last week.

You can catch up on all 8 episodes aired so far on ABC.com, then if you want to watch the last 5 episodes (which start airing April 24) in one swoop, you can wait about another 2 months from now.
Old 03-31-08, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When is the repeat broadcast? Is this popup something new for this season? I don't recall/didn't see anything like that on the DVDs so far.
During its regular broadcast slot 9pm EST Thursdays.

This "feature" started this season when they reran the S3 finale ("Through the Looking Glass) the day before the S4 premiere. I'm not sure the SD DVD will be able to handle toggling that feature the way that Blu-ray could so it may never be a feature on the standard DVD sets if at all.
Old 03-31-08, 09:32 AM

I'm not sure the SD DVD will be able to handle toggling that feature the way that Blu-ray could so it may never be a feature on the standard DVD sets if at all.
They could just run it as another subtitle track. I seem to recall other DVDs having this sort of "pop-up" thing before and that's how it was handled.