Reload this Page >

Here Come the Newlyweds

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Here Come the Newlyweds

Old 03-23-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here Come the Newlyweds

Anyone watching this? I am really enjoying this show, especially because they couples have all been so likeable.

Seven just-married couples compete for a nest egg worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to kick-start their new lives together and help them realize their dreams, in "Here Come the Newlyweds," a new one-hour romantic comedy reality series, premiering SUNDAY, MARCH 2 (10:02-11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Hosted by comedian Pat Bullard, "Here Come the Newlyweds" is all about relationships, the differences between men and women, and the universal issues that every couple must face. The newlyweds are diverse, sexy and competitive, including such pairings as high school sweethearts, couples who fell in love at first sight, an arranged marriage, an interracial couple and two divorcees who are hoping the fourth time is the charm.

In this six-episode show, each couple faces a variety of mental and physical challenges which will test the love and passion they have for one another as well as their competitive spirit. At the end of each episode, the field will be narrowed as the couples vote to send one couple home. The stakes get higher as the potential nest egg grows, until one couple ultimately wins the grand prize.
Old 03-24-08, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm watching. I haven't seen last night's yet.
I heard it's doing pretty good in the ratings.. thanks to the Big Give.
It's okay. A pleasant time filler.
Old 03-24-08, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
I'm watching. I haven't seen last night's yet.
I heard it's doing pretty good in the ratings.. thanks to the Big Give.
It's okay. A pleasant time filler.
Well we must be the only ones~
Old 03-24-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
Well we must be the only ones~
That is willing to admit it!
Old 03-24-08, 12:06 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts
I've caught a few minutes of a few eps (where they were drawing on mannequins and then last night's "answer at the same time for points" thingy).

It's alright... but nothing made me keep watching it.
Old 03-24-08, 12:06 PM

So...who is your favorite couple? Thought they were all pretty likeable, but I gotta admit I really like Crystal and Johnnie Moutra! They live with parents and 10 other relatives in one house, and still have their great personalities? Give this couple the money, Puleeze!!

Not sure if you watched last night or not, but I was wondering what you think of the strategy displayed?
Old 03-24-08, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got done watching..
I don't care for the Freis'.......... at all. I can't decide which one is more annoying. She's a whiny bitch and he's a whiny whimp.
I wasn't sorry nor surprised to see the Krashin's go.
I would be happy for either of the other two teams to win.
The Moutra's definitely need the money... but I also like the Holmes.

As for the strategy used this week... I kinda understand why he wanted to take the money... chances are they weren't going to win.. and who knows if they would have won another game.. so this may have been their only chance to some money. 30K is nothing to sneeze at. And I guess his way of thinking worked.. People disliked the Kashin's more than they disliked the Freis' for taking the money.

What did you think of that Psychic? She really nailed it, didn't she?

I just goggled this show because I didn't remember everyones names.. and ran across this little tidbit that I either didn't remember or didn't hear when it was said:

- Toni & Barry Woodward from Deer Park, TX
Combined, this is their seventh marriage which they say is their lucky number. They never touched, kissed or hugged before they were married.

Never touched or hugged? Please.
Old 03-25-08, 08:31 PM

i know im kind of late but i LOVE this show!...its great...yea i like Jonnie and Crystal im rooting (sp?) for them although i like the other high school sweethearts also.....i forget its on Sundays and i forget to watch..so who is left?..
Old 03-25-08, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jadyj
i know im kind of late but i LOVE this show!...its great...yea i like Jonnie and Crystal im rooting (sp?) for them although i like the other high school sweethearts also.....i forget its on Sundays and i forget to watch..so who is left?..

The other HS sweetheart's, The Kashin's were sent home.. so that leaves the Moutras, Holmes and Freis'
Old 03-25-08, 10:48 PM

Just found it interesting that the Holmes and the Moutras had chances to take the money also, but they passed for fear of going home like the first couple. Then the Freis' take the money, and convince everyone NOT to send them home. Actually Wife Freis told the Moutras if the Moutras won the money next week they wouldnt vote to send them home, and then Husband Frieis told the Holmes the exact same thing.

I just think they wanted the Kashin's to go home. She must be way more annoying than it appeared.

The phychic really nailed it with seeing Wife Kashin who is Jewish in her Christening gown! LOL
Old 03-31-08, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well... as much as I like the Mouta's .. I'm not sure I would have chosen them to compete against for the grand prize.... they should have went w/ the weaker couple.

And I know it's all in the editing.. but they really made Dawn's father look like a deer in the headlights!
Old 03-31-08, 12:50 PM

I didnt get the warm fuzzies from either Cody or Dawn's parent.

I think the Holmes always try to do the right thing. Knowing that the Fries' had won 30 grand and the Moutras nothing...and knowing the Moturas really need the money, I think that is why they picked them...and now its the deserving couple will really win. I'm happy with either one! I really enjoyed this show! Hope its picked up again.
Old 04-06-08, 10:04 PM

GOOOOO MOUTRAS! I know this is an oxymoron...but this was one classy reality show, and I really really enjoyed it!
Old 04-07-08, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Glad to see the Moutra's win, they truly seemed to be the one couple that actually had a real "need" for that kind of money. It can not only make a differenc in their lives but the rest of their famaily as well. One thing for sure is that I felt what kind of an "advantage" was it to get thoe envelopes when I have a realf funny feeling that almost all of the other couples probably voted for them. This by the way I ws very pissed that they did not reveal the votes. I think the envelopes should have been extra prizes revealed after the winning team was announced.
Old 04-07-08, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really liked this show and was cheering for the Moutras since day 1. I hope this comes back for another season, Pat Bullard is a really great host IMO.
Old 04-08-08, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It is coming back for another season.. or at least the producers think it is.. they ran a commercial telling folks where to go to sign up to try out for next season.

I'm glad the Moutra's won. They deserved it... I was also very, very surprised to learn he was only 23.