Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

S4 of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" confirmed, plus new show from creators

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

S4 of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" confirmed, plus new show from creators

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-08, 04:30 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-fo...,3242969.story

'Always Sunny' Trio Heads To FOX
FOX orders 'Boldly Going Nowhere' from Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton

March 14, 2008

FOX has ordered the comedy pilot "Boldly Going Nowhere" from the "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" team of Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton.

According to the industry trade papers, the "Boldly Going Nowhere" project stems from McElhenney, Day and Howerton's newly signed two-year overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV.

Under the terms of the deal, "Always Sunny" will always be in first position for McElhenney, Day and Howerton. The FX comedy has already been renewed for a fourth season.

The original idea for "Nowhere" reportedly came from the trio's assistant, Adam Stein. FOX has ordered a pilot plus five addition scripts for the comedy, which focuses on the occasionally boring day-to-day life on an intergalactic spaceship with a unpredictable captain.

McElhenney, Day and Howerton wouldn't star in "Boldly Going Nowhere" and the pilot won't shoot until October, after post-production is completed on the new "Always Sunny" season.
Not too sure about the new show from the description, but I'm happy the 4th season of Always Sunny is officially been confirmed.

Last edited by sb5; 03-17-08 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-17-08, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
"the occasionally boring day-to-day life on an intergalactic spaceship with a unpredictable captain."

Didn't someone already come up with the idea for Star Trek?
Old 03-17-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was thinking more of Firefly.

Regardless, as long as Always Sunny is coming back, I've got no complaints.
Old 03-17-08, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by sb5

Not too sure about the new show from the description.
Actually, that sounds more interesting than their original show.
Old 03-17-08, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yay! More Sunny!
Old 03-17-08, 10:49 PM

I'm still waiting for the show about the construction workers on the Death Star.
Old 03-18-08, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

More Sunny is always good news!
Old 03-18-08, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A sci-fi comedy? Did nobody learn anything from Homeboys in Space?

I'll still watch it.
Old 03-18-08, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay. Good news about S4, but I'm still a tad concerned about the additional series. Nothing against RCH, but I felt the extended number for episodes in S3 stretched the guys a little thin on the funny compared to the excellent S1 and 2. I hope both shows don't suffer because they get too busy. Besides, it the new show is airing on FOX it'll be cancelled before the third episode airs considering their itchy trigger fingers...
Old 03-18-08, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Chew
A sci-fi comedy? Did nobody learn anything from Homeboys in Space?

I'll still watch it.
Galaxy Quest.
Old 03-18-08, 09:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Triple S
I'm still waiting for the show about the construction workers on the Death Star.
Hey, it was their responsibility to know the danger of that job before they accepted it.
Old 03-18-08, 01:52 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Okay. Good news about S4, but I'm still a tad concerned about the additional series. Nothing against RCH, but I felt the extended number for episodes in S3 stretched the guys a little thin on the funny compared to the excellent S1 and 2. I hope both shows don't suffer because they get too busy. Besides, it the new show is airing on FOX it'll be cancelled before the third episode airs considering their itchy trigger fingers...
It sounds like from the article that the new show isn't even going to start up until after post-production on S4 is done, so I doubt the new show will have that much of an effect.
Old 03-18-08, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why does the new show sound like a live-action working of Zapp Brannigan?

That having been said, I most certainly welcome anything from the minds of RCH...
Old 03-18-08, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 03-18-08, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
Hey, it was their responsibility to know the danger of that job before they accepted it.
Honestly, you'd think they would have. It's not as though the first one didn't blow up. The Empire totally had to be paying a big premium to the folks installing the toilet mains and the like.

You have to admit it would be an interesting concept for a limited series.
Old 07-11-08, 11:31 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Going back to Philly.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ie-fFOnAz3I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ie-fFOnAz3I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 07-11-08, 03:32 PM

That was the greatest trailer I've ever seen.

More throwbacks than an Arrested Development marathon! The McPoyle sister! Green Man! filly!

Between Hulu's exposure and the fact that I'm willing to literally pay people to watch this show, this should be the season this show skyrockets.
Old 07-11-08, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
How Long Before The Censors Ruin Holodeck Sex Comedy?

Get ready for space baby dick jokes, holo-deck masturbation, and half man-half fish characters in the new Fox series Boldly Going Nowhere, appearing as a midseason replacement on Fox. One of the new scifi comedy's writers, Charlie Day, is an original creator of the already established as comedy perfection It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and if this show is anything like his original (and people seem to think it is) we're in for an incredibly raunchy and hilarious series.

The Futon Critic was lucky enough to read the script for an episode and says that yes, it really isIt's Always Sunny in space, full of "selfish idiots" who pretty much ruin their own lives and the lives of others in every episode. The cast is made up with a pompus Captain Ron Teague, pilot Jane Beck (who is bipolar), head of security and body-builder Cobaltand, a robot who has been programed by the captain to be a wuss (the captain is afraid of robot uprisings), and the mechanic Pete who is a Manphibian. Lt. Zander Centari is sent in to make sure the crew is up to snuff, and of course it isn't. I hope this show lasts, just so I can hear the character deliver, "I will come to your home and photon the shit out of it!" before it gets canned by censors and other people who can't take a joke. [Futon Critic]
http://io9.com/5024061/how-long-befo...eck-sex-comedy