Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

pinecone research - Anybody Still Doing Pinecone Surveys?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

pinecone research - Anybody Still Doing Pinecone Surveys?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-08, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinecone research

There is a banner on the front page of this website.

Very hard to find banners to sign up with the company.

You do short surveys periodically and they deposit $5 for every one you complete in your paypal.

I would recommend them to anyone.
Old 03-17-08, 04:43 PM

I'm only getting $3 (and they raised it from $2).

But yes, I agree, it is definitely worthwhile.
Old 03-17-08, 05:20 PM

they must have changed it recently...when did you sign up?

I have been with them over 2 years now.
Old 03-17-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I didn't see the banner. Link?
Old 03-17-08, 06:16 PM

Nope, just goes to the front page. Oh well. I know to be on the lookout for it now.
Old 03-17-08, 06:31 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hiphopkid
There is a banner on the front page of this website.

Very hard to find banners to sign up with the company.

You do short surveys periodically and they deposit $5 for every one you complete in your paypal.

I would recommend them to anyone.
I've been with them for years. I don't like paypal, though, so I still have them send me a check. I get anywhere from 2-4 surveys a month, but it varies depending on what kind of survey panelists they need in a month.
Old 03-17-08, 06:33 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by C-Mart
I didn't see the banner. Link?

BTW, it's one thing to say there's a banner on the homepage of this site, but it's against the rules of pinecone research to link to any of their sign-up locations or to say, for instance, post on a board that you found their signup banner over at www. this that or the other .com .

They will cancel the person's account for linking or alerting folks like that. They are VERY conservative & selective with how they allow sign-ups. Also, don't ever divulge what your surveys are or what products they send you to test.

They actually have staff who look at message boards to be sure nobody is inappropriately linking or divulging info. If any post like that is found they will try to find out who the person is & delete the account.

Just letting y'all know how serious they are about keeping things selective.
Old 03-17-08, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They look to be letting anyone sign up now.

I did pinecone years ago for over a year. They are reliable with the checks but I found the surveys too repetitious, monotonous, and not worth the time for the measly few bucks they pay.
Old 03-18-08, 12:13 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by big whoppa
They look to be letting anyone sign up now.

I did pinecone years ago for over a year. They are reliable with the checks but I found the surveys too repetitious, monotonous, and not worth the time for the measly few bucks they pay.
If I had dial up I might agree (don't know if you do or not, though) , but with DSL it goes pretty darned fast. $5 for 15 to 20 minutes of my time, that works out to about $15 per hour if you average it. I do alot of surveys for pay. Some months, yeah, I don't get but maybe $20 to $40 & maybe a gift card. This month I've got 3 gift cards on the way, have received $5, & have another $136 that should be here in a couple of days.

Pinecone will let anyone sign up, but it has to be anyone who happens accross their banner or anyone who is referred during an open sign up. (open sign up being an e-mail sent to members telling them to refer their friends who might meet certain criteria.) They still like to have a level of exclusivity. Anyone can sign up, but it has to be within certain parameters. (if you see one of their banners, be sure to sign up ! You might not find that banner again.)

Pinecone is one of the most reliable to pay survey folks out there. Greenfield is the worst. They owed me $120 about a year ago & when I cashed out, they never sent the check. $1 to $5, sure they'll gladly send that, but if you let anymore than that build up in your account chances are you won't see it. Plus, now they do mostly that "do a survey to gain an entry into the sweepstakes" crap. I won't work only to get a chance to be paid. Well, anyway, any survey can be monotonous, but for as little time as it takes to do the surveys & as reliable as they are, pinecone is one of the best.
Old 03-18-08, 10:21 AM

Yes, pinecone is very reliable, especially if you're still on their $5 plan...
Old 03-18-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I used to do 3 to 4 a month when it was $5. If they are still offering that for previous participants then I would like to "re"join.
Old 03-18-08, 10:44 PM
Suspended

Yeah, I saw that new members only get $3 for surveys & product tests. I'm still being paid $5 & I've been with them since 1998. ( I think they were called Acorn back then. )
Old 03-21-08, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by fitlissa76
Yeah, I saw that new members only get $3 for surveys & product tests. I'm still being paid $5 & I've been with them since 1998. ( I think they were called Acorn back then. )

lol clever

i was with them several years ago as well as was my at the time girlfriend. At some point after we got married they gave me the boot because only one person from each household can do it. Anyway have moved since then and wife is no longer doing it so I signed up again. It would be nie to get the $5 liek I used to. I saw it said $3 and thoguht that was odd.
Old 03-21-08, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
i'm still getting $5. it's not a huge amount of money, but if you're bored, $5 for 15 minutes is better than spending the same 15 minutes doing nothing. it might not be worth it if you're real busy though.
Old 03-29-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anybody Still Doing Pinecone Surveys?

I am, but I am getting tired of it.

They have gone to page after page of the same questions.

- I am influenced by what my friends drink
- I like to drink what my friends do
- I care about what others think of my drink
- I drink what is most popular.

These are just made up ones, but it is annoying going through 50 lines of repetitive questioning.

Plus, I hardly ever get sent any stuff to test. When I started, it was link one item every month or 2, not I think it has been almost a year since I got any samples.

Maybe I have outgrown their desired age group.
Old 03-29-08, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I signed up from the advertisement on here, but I don't even know if they accepted me or not.
Old 03-29-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
What?
Old 03-29-08, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Bus
What?
Old 03-29-08, 01:37 PM

Haven't had one in a couple of years. They were trying to give me some kind of multimedia surveys, and I could never get them to work right on my computer. And like the OP, I was really getting frustrated with the pages of redundant questions.
Old 03-29-08, 02:48 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I quit pinecone last year. The surveys are annoying, not worth the $5.
Old 03-29-08, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 03-29-08, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jonw9
I am, but I am getting tired of it.

They have gone to page after page of the same questions.

- I am influenced by what my friends drink
- I like to drink what my friends do
- I care about what others think of my drink
- I drink what is most popular.

These are just made up ones, but it is annoying going through 50 lines of repetitive questioning.
Exactly what I meant. They drove me crazy to the point of just clicking on dots and putting numbers in.
Old 03-29-08, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorry, I thought this would be more of an otter discussion than a "hot deal."

Another thing that annoys me, and should be a simple fix, is you have to enter '0' in the boxes in which you would not bu any product. It seems easy enough to figure a blank box is zero.

They did fix their surveys so they work with Firefox, so at least that is a positive.

They main reason I kept doing them is in the hopes of trying a new product, but even that isn't happening.

How do you quit, do you stop doing them, or is there a way to remove yourself from the list?
Old 03-30-08, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jonw9
How do you quit, do you stop doing them, or is there a way to remove yourself from the list?
I'm sure you can email them and tell them you want to quit. For me, I just completed fewer and fewer surveys and eventually they gave up on me.
Old 04-02-08, 11:09 AM
Cool New Member

I've been with Pinecone for a little over a year and they started me out at $2, then bumped me up to $3 after about 6 months. I'm hoping the bumps continue since the surveys are dreadfully repetitive dreadfully repetitive dreadfully repetitive.

By the way, with Greenfield I cash out to PayPal as soon as I have a balance since the one time I requested a check of more than $20 it took like 3 months to get paid.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.