Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Masters of Horror: Imprint.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-08, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Masters of Horror: Imprint.......

Just saw the final episode in my season 1 set and it was Imprint. All I knew was that it never aired for some reason. It was without a doubt the most fucked up thing I have ever seen. Im at a blank over what I saw.... fucking shit!
Old 03-11-08, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenous
Just saw the final episode in my season 1 set and it was Imprint. All I knew was that it never aired for some reason. It was without a doubt the most fucked up thing I have ever seen. Im at a blank over what I saw.... fucking shit!
Have you ever seen anything else by Miike? I think some of his other movies (like Visitor Q, Ichii the Killer, Gozu, Fudoh) will push "Imprint" down your "most fucked up shit" list.

Last edited by brainee; 03-11-08 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-11-08, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
watch audition. The final 15 mintues will have your mouth on the floor, or just wondering 'what the fuck did i just watch"
Old 03-11-08, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
watch audition. The final 15 mintues will have your mouth on the floor, or just wondering 'what the fuck did i just watch"
Probably. I didn't think it was that bad though....
Old 03-11-08, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brainee
Have you ever seen anything else by Miike? I think some of his other movies (like Visitor Q, Ichii the Killer, Gozu, Fudoh) will push "Imprint" down your "most fucked shit" list.
agreed!
Old 03-11-08, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Imprint" makes the "Saw" movies look like "Sesame Street".

I don't think it was the strongest episode of "Masters of Horror", story wise, but it definitely was the most shocking and 'what the fuck?!' episode of the first season.
Old 03-11-08, 10:17 AM
Banned

I am a huge fan of both Miike and horror in general, and I hated Imprint. The effects were bargain basement, the story was thin, and Billy Drago sucked beyond all belief. I was never shocked, we've seen low budget torture before and done better. I wanted to be shocked and like Imprint, but I thought it was a let down.
Old 03-11-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yup, Imprint was a big letdown to me. Of course, I'm not a huge Miike fan, either. As I said in the previous thread about Imprint, the language barrier must have kept Miike from realizing what a terrible actor Billy Drago was.
Old 03-11-08, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I enjoyed Imprint immensely, simply because it was so bizarre and out-there. You can always count on Miike to deliver something no one else could have possibly conceived. The story may not have been the strongest, although not many from S1 of MoH were, but the imagery was awesome.
Old 03-11-08, 12:25 PM
Banned

I guess to me, it felt more like trying to be out there, instead of actually being out there. I didn't find it to be unsettling or bizarre much at all, torture is torture and in the genre, its common and very graphic these days. Compared to other MOH episodes, maybe, but compared to Miike's other work and the other torture style films, Imprint is pretty tame. For me, I don't need big name stars or cutting edge gore, but come on, the gore wasn't convincing in the least and Drago was so bad, even with such a basic, dull story.
Old 03-11-08, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally Posted by FusionX
I am a minor fan of both Miike and horror in general, and I hated Imprint. The effects were bargain basement, the story was thin, and Billy Drago sucked beyond all belief. I was never shocked, we've seen low budget torture before and done better. I wanted to be shocked and like Imprint, but I thought it was a let down.
Edited to how I feel.
Old 03-11-08, 07:15 PM
Banned

Wow, what a dolt. I disagree with you in a very civil manner, so you try to demean me? Go back to riding whatever nutsac is popular in your crowd.

Just let people like and dislike whatever movies, don't try to force your opinion on people. I hate people who feel they need to belittle you because you didn't like some movie or show. You think Billy Drago's performance was awesome, I thought it sucked. You thought the gore looked realistic and effective, I didn't. I wasn't shocked by the story, you were terrified. I'm glad you enjoyed it, someone had to.

Last edited by FusionX; 03-11-08 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-12-08, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by brainee
Have you ever seen anything else by Miike? I think some of his other movies (like Visitor Q, Ichii the Killer, Gozu, Fudoh) will push "Imprint" down your "most fucked up shit" list.
Nope never seen anything else by him. I have heard of Ichii though, I think Ill seek it out and give it a spin.

Imprint did have some weaknesses. Drago was alright. He didnt come out that much. What took me out of it was the fakey accents some had (like the main whore) and the stupid voice of the hand thing. Looked goofy too but whenever he talked I was expecting it to sound like Toungie from Kung Pow.

The imagery was great as well as some cinematography. I dont own any movies with torture or anything (I dont even care for the SAW movies) so thats why this one gave me a big kick in the ass.