Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 3/06/08

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which tribe is sending someone home?
Fans
83.33%
Favorites
16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-08, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Episode Title:
Spoiler:
He's a Ball of Goo!

Episode Description:
Spoiler:
The fans and favorites tribes are mixed up. At the reward challenge, several players are hurt and an injury threatens to take one castaway out of the game. Also, one woman catches a shark that provides a feast for her tribe. At tribal council, one person is voted out of the game. Jeff Probst is the host.
Old 03-06-08, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope lackluster Chet gets the boot tonight.
Old 03-06-08, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSky
I hope lackluster Chet gets the boot tonight.
If you pay close attention to Chet's actions, it's actually rather funny. He is such a bum!
Old 03-06-08, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
For anyone that saw the preview last week:

Spoiler:
The tribes are switched. IMO, its way to early for that to happen. I'm sure the producers saw how badly the Fans were about to get owned since they voted out Mikey B. so they decided the switch was best right now. Personally, I liked how they were working out and I liked the drama that was happening inside of each tribe. Now that will split up. Just hoping now that none of the players I like get the boot just because they got shafted by the tribe switch
Old 03-06-08, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by awil1026
If you pay close attention to Chet's actions, it's actually rather funny. He is such a bum!
Yeah, last week he was shown lounging in the ocean while everyone else was working.
Old 03-06-08, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Mother, tell your children not to walk my way
Old 03-06-08, 07:56 PM

When will these people learn to not get rid of your strong people this early in the game?
Old 03-06-08, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by treszoks
When will these people learn to not get rid of your strong people this early in the game?
Well, at this point, if you were left with a bunch of weak people, you might have a chance and immunity challenges would last minutes instead of hours.
Old 03-06-08, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
lol....I liked the big guy.....but it's really funny seeing all the stronger people get taken out by the weak ones....plus it keeps Tracy and her girls around. ( o Y o )
Old 03-06-08, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,020 Likes on 630 Posts
I'm not sorry to see Joel go (kinda glad actually--I hate bullies), but I think it was a bad move on Ozzy and Amanda's part. Cirie will turn on them in a heartbeat when it suits her, and she just made two new buddies in Tracy and Chet. On the other hand, Cirie is making a target of herself with these power plays.
Old 03-06-08, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
that Joel and Chet ended up on the same team - and Joel's reaction. Then, I have to assume that the producers somehow had a hand in creating the duos for the reward challenge to put Joel & Chet together. I have to wonder why they went twice, however, instead of having Ozzy and the Ice Cream Scooper go a 2nd time. Made no sense.

I was also wondering what would have happened had Ozzy ended up at the other camp leaving the hidden Idol behind. He's lucky he ended up back at the same camp.

And once again, props to Cirie. She may have no physical ability but she has great strategery. She totally played Ozzy (and with him, Amanda).
Old 03-06-08, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Joel had that coming. It was poetic justice. However, even though that might be true, it was still a bad move. I don't know why Ozzy and Amanda continue to allow Cirie to dictate the play. Maybe she's just smarter than they are. Even if you viewed Joel as a threat...why not get rid of him next? Keeping Chet is of no value. He may be a pile of goo, but he's a pile of goo who can still vote, and you just gave him more inroads into an alliance.
Old 03-06-08, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is probably my favorite episode since "She's dead, dude!" It had everything:

Eliza getting picked last
Joel dragging Chet through the obstacle course
Joel's humiliating departure and payback for being a dumbass

das
Old 03-06-08, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
MikeyB is smiling big time tonight.

I haven't LOL this hard in a long time until Truck was draging Sack of Potatoes around like a ragdoll in a fit of desperation as time was running out, hitting every obstacle in the way during the pursuit. This is why I still love Survivor after all these years, you just never know when you'll see something truly and hilariously painful.

Cirie definitely upped her voting stock when Ozmanda caved to her "logic". But then again, it's still a good numbers advantage for the faves 4-3, though Cirie will flip on them soon.

I want to wrestle Amanda for dinner.

Curiously enough, Poverty (couldn't believe her new fan teammate called her "Poverty" too) looked kinda hot with the fat lip.

Hope Jonathan doesn't lose a leg over that insane reward challenge. What were the designers of that challenge thinking?

Last edited by Patman; 03-06-08 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-06-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Now that they are down to 2 1/2 guys it's probably time for Ami to start working her all female alliance again. Thought voting off Super Ozzy this far away from a merge would be INSANE.
Old 03-06-08, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
What were the designers of that challenge thinking
I don't think we'll ever see that challenge again. Having a quarter of the players get hurt just isn't acceptable. And it seemed way too easy for the "chasers". Well, except when it's Chet Just bad design all around.

Has there ever been a more worthless player at every aspect of the game than Chet? He sucks at running, he sucks at swimming, he sucks at puzzles, he sucks at strategy, he sucks at camp work ... he just sucks. Scary thing is, if he makes it to merge he'll be the ideal finals partner. I'm torn on the decision - Chet sucks, yet Joel's a bullying asshole who gets struck down in wonderful irony. Cirie's playing smart, but she's really coming across as unlikeable this season. Notice every time one of her moves pays off, she can't contain an obnoxious grin?
Old 03-06-08, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Joel might finally figure out that the politics of the weak ain't just a nice title for a Sunday morning political program. Joel's determination to vote out the strong (because he felt threatened by them from the onset, prematurely so) made his tribe weak because he forgot even the weak's vote counts as strongly as his vote. The sublime comeuppance that Joel experienced is precisely the human element that the game of Survivor excels at providing their viewers time and time again.
Old 03-06-08, 10:57 PM

Cirie has been a mastermind so far. Getting rid of Yao Man and now Joel, two gigantic moves.
Old 03-06-08, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by agent2099
Cirie has been a mastermind so far. Getting rid of Yao Man and now Joel, two gigantic moves.

She was v good on Panama doing essentially the same thing. Though this time she isn't doing as good a job of hiding it and staying under the radar.

FWIW I think getting rid of Joel was the smart move. Chet is never going to be a threat and they can get rid of him anytime. Or string him along and get him to do their bidding. If they keep losing immunity challenges then they can just keep booting Members of the "Fans" tribe until they go to the merge.

It was soooooooo sweet seeing Joel get blindsided.
Old 03-07-08, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Chet: I hit my head.
Joel: I don't care.
Chet: I know.

Chet is simultaneously pathetic and hilarious. Joel tasting his own medicine at the end was extremely satisfying.

Meanwhile, Amanda keeps looking better and better.
Old 03-07-08, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

$20 says Chet will not only make it to the very end due to the general stupidity of everyone this season, he will somehow wind up winning the million dollars.

(With Cirie as the runner-up.)
Old 03-07-08, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about Ozzie leaving the idol behind.

Would've seemed more fair to make the beaches neutral after the split like they did with the much-hated (with good reason) "luxury vs. nothing" season.

at Joel. Tracy probably told Cirie/Ozzie that he orchestrated MikeyB's downfall and Ozzie would be next (which is more or less true). I'm liking Tracy more and more.

At this rate Chet might end up winning.

"I pick Troy." (Actually I'm impressed that the faves knew as many fan names as they did.) That's kind of like losing your first-round fantasy pick to a torn ACL after week 1. Speaking of injuries, Jonathan

I still like Eliza and am still not sure why.
Old 03-07-08, 02:16 AM

I don't understand the big fuss about booting Chet. Yes, he's probably the most useless player in the history of Survivor, but Courtney made it to the Final 3 doing absolutely nothing. The Fei Long tribe won a decent amount of challenges with midget Todd and Skeletor on their roster.

It also makes sense to Chet around because you always have a fallback person to vote out and you know he'll come join you in a heartbeat. Joel, on the otherhand, has shown his propensity to stab people in the back and flip on a moments notice. I'm glad to see Joel gone just because it reinforces my belief that there is karma in this world, but I just don't know why people are going batshit over a pretty logical boot.
Old 03-07-08, 05:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If Chet were on American Idol, he'd be a favorite at VoteForTheWorst.com.

For us, the funniest part was seeing Joel's smile slowly vanishing as the votes kept mounting against him. That and his dumbfounded reaction during the credits..."I can't believe they picked Chet over me...I just don't understand...I'd like to wring some necks right now...I'm stunned."

He never did get it...yet he remained true to his nature...a bully to the end.

Hulk sad.
Old 03-07-08, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I think Joel is the one that blow the Reward Challenge, not Chet. They had the 2 girls penned in just a few seconds into the challenge, and then Joel dove too early to try and get the flag instead of getting a better bead on them and trapping them further. Of course Joel is too stupid to understand that when someone who weighs as much as he does takes a dive, a person tied to him who is much lighter will fall down. If he would have been a little more patient, they would have won that challenge. Big fucking idiot.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.