Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of '101 Dalmations - 2-Disc Platinum Edition'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 03-05-08, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read Jamie S. Rich's DVD review of 101 Dalmations - 2-Disc Platinum Edition at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=32497 and...

Those 2 screen captures were horrible. The first pair makes the older release look better and the second pair make the two releases look exactly the same. If you're trying to convince us that the new release is better, you did a totally crap job.

However, I did find the textual portion of the review very informative. I'd still like to see some decent screen comparisons.
Old 03-05-08, 03:24 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Are the settings on your monitor correct? On my computer, the screenshots from the old DVD looked faded and dirty, while the new one looked vibrant and clean. The collars in particular jumped out.
Old 03-07-08, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts
Yeah, there is definitely a difference between the second set of pictures. First the couch and the cushion are the main thing. The lamp in the foreground is clearer as well, in the 2008 version.

I assume that they're not from the same timecode, since the image on the television is slightly different, and either the camera is panning, or part of the right side of the frame is cut in the 2008 version, because the lamp is cut off. The top bottom and left side look the same though...hmm.