Reload this Page >

Stupid Question about Deal or No Deal

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-01-08, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is a stupid question...but I have to prove my husband wrong, and I cant believe he even thinks this but he swears...

that everyone is so coordinated on Deal or No Deal that the show must dress the contestants and their family!! I can not believe that he thinks this show has a whole wardrobe but he isnt budging. Does anyone have inside knowledge on dress codes for this show?

He may be pulling my leg, but I am so frustrated that he thinks this and I cant get him to admit otherwise so I just gotta prove him wrong. Someone help with proof.
Old 03-01-08, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts
If you don't get an answer I'll see what I can find out. I work with a woman whose sister was just on the other night. I'll see if she can find out.
Old 03-01-08, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
If you don't get an answer I'll see what I can find out. I work with a woman whose sister was just on the other night. I'll see if she can find out.
Omygosh, I will be forever grateful. We have a bet and I dont like to lose!
Old 03-01-08, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have a feeling the show dresses them or at least tells them what kind of stuff to wear; there's no way that a group of friends and/or family would dress that colorfully and coordinated on their own.
Old 03-01-08, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by FinkPish
I have a feeling the show dresses them or at least tells them what kind of stuff to wear; there's no way that a group of friends and/or family would dress that colorfully and coordinated on their own.
I wouldnt doubt they suggest coordinating, but I highly doubt they dress or have the wardrobe to dress the contenstants and their family.
Old 03-01-08, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts
I don't know. I've noticed on a few occasions the contestants are dressed according to Deal or No Deal's theme for the show. The ep. with the ex NFL players had the contestant and his family/friends dressed in NFL jerseys etc...
Old 03-02-08, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by magiccmom
I wouldnt doubt they suggest coordinating, but I highly doubt they dress or have the wardrobe to dress the contenstants and their family.
Um, why exactly do you doubt this? I mean, I don't know if they do or don't, but it doesn't seem far-fetched that the show would have access to a wardrobe department.
Old 03-02-08, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Um, why exactly do you doubt this? I mean, I don't know if they do or don't, but it doesn't seem far-fetched that the show would have access to a wardrobe department.
I guess because people come in so many shapes and sizes they would have to fit and alter and hem and such...and as a contestant do you have the right to not want to wear a style or look they may want for you?
just seems like an added budget concern and headache for a game show for a one time appearance on a show. It's not like its a daytime soap or such. I dont know, I think its a stretch.
Old 03-02-08, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It might be worth checking out the credits of the next episode to see if it mentions anything about wardrobes for the contestents.
Old 03-02-08, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
We'll let you play for a million bucks, but you have to wear these NFL shirts. I could see that happening.

And even if they have to buy a new outfit for each contestant/family, it's still probably cheaper to do an episode of DoND than an episode of House or something.
Old 03-02-08, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Must be embarassing for those models to show up to work every day and find that 25 other women are wearing the exact same outfit.
Old 03-02-08, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I know this is slightly off topic, but I just wanted to share my strategy, if I were ever on Deal or No Deal:

Get rid of the least-attractive women first.

I mean, it's all random, right? So why not first choose the cases that the least-appealing women are holding, and get them off the stage first? Keep going and going, and by the time you get to the end of the game, the hottest chicks are still up there. Might as well have the hottest ones up there the longest, you know?

That'd be my strategy, anyway. Is that weird?
Old 03-02-08, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Prayer answered by NBC game show

Sorry, Magiccmom.

"Katie Henslin of Forest Lake enjoys watching the popular NBC game show Deal or No Deal but had never imagined that she would be a contestant vying for $1 million....

Exhausted from all the excitement of the past few days, the group hung out at the hotel in LA that night. The following morning on Feb. 7, they were whisked away to the studio where Henslin and all her supporters received full wardrobe, hair and make-up."

Forest Lake Times
Old 03-02-08, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by CharlieK
Sorry, Magiccmom.

"Katie Henslin of Forest Lake enjoys watching the popular NBC game show Deal or No Deal but had never imagined that she would be a contestant vying for $1 million....

Exhausted from all the excitement of the past few days, the group hung out at the hotel in LA that night. The following morning on Feb. 7, they were whisked away to the studio where Henslin and all her supporters received full wardrobe, hair and make-up."

Forest Lake Times
Holy crap! One more question, should I eat my crow broiled or fried?
Old 03-02-08, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by MWB
I know this is slightly off topic, but I just wanted to share my strategy, if I were ever on Deal or No Deal:

Get rid of the least-attractive women first.

I mean, it's all random, right? So why not first choose the cases that the least-appealing women are holding, and get them off the stage first? Keep going and going, and by the time you get to the end of the game, the hottest chicks are still up there. Might as well have the hottest ones up there the longest, you know?

That'd be my strategy, anyway. Is that weird?
I don't know if it's weird or not, since I have to figure out what the point/strategy/rules of this show is.
Old 03-02-08, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I'm not entirely surprised about that. Clothes manufacturers pay for clothes on TV shows all the time just for the free advertising. You don't think Letterman buys his ties, do you?
Old 03-02-08, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Holy crap! One more question, should I eat my crow broiled or fried?
You're asking for trouble if you let these people decide how you should pay up to your husband on this one...
Old 03-02-08, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
When I worked at a famous trashy talk show, we let guests wear their own clothes 90% of the time, but we did have a closet of things for the other 10%. It was funny to see the same clothes get used over and over.
Old 03-03-08, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
I still believe that after the contestant takes the deal that they edit the rest of the show. When Howie asks "what WOULD you have picked?" it's ALWAYS small dollars and the offer goes WAY up to make the contestant feel bad until finally the big money is opened and the contestant is happy.

Most of the time at least, not always.
Old 03-03-08, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Omygosh, I will be forever grateful. We have a bet and I dont like to lose!
My co-worker said she will ask her sister. She did say she could've sworn the outfit she wore on the show belonged to her sister.
Old 03-03-08, 05:58 PM

My co-worker said she will ask her sister. She did say she could've sworn the outfit she wore on the show belonged to her sister.
Thank you! I guess this wasnt as stupid a question after all, and more people think like my husband than like me! lol
Old 03-03-08, 07:01 PM

the real question to be asked is whether or not the redhead that is usually number 4 is single or not.
Old 03-04-08, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thank you! I guess this wasnt as stupid a question after all, and more people think like my husband than like me! lol
Well she got the answer from her sister.

She said the contestants can bring their own clothes. BUT if the producers don't like what you're wearing, they have a wardrobe you will choose from.

So, in one sense, you're both correct.... but I would say YOU are the most correct.
Old 03-04-08, 05:09 PM

Well she got the answer from her sister.

She said the contestants can bring their own clothes. BUT if the producers don't like what you're wearing, they have a wardrobe you will choose from.

So, in one sense, you're both correct.... but I would say YOU are the most correct.
Thank you so much!! Do you think they do the same with the support family? Thats were he says the coordination seems very planned! Eh, both being right... guess that will work...this time!
Old 03-04-08, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by comanche_doyle
the real question to be asked is whether or not the redhead that is usually number 4 is single or not.
Keltie is pretty hot, but I like Katie (11), Megan (6) and Pilar (14 - more 'cute' than hot)... Oh, Tameka (21) and Kelly (24) too, lol... I'd say those are the 6 I'd leave up there the longest.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.