Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Futureshop - this place really sucks

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-08, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, first off I'll admit that my experiences of it are limited, but enough to put me off this place for life. I've shopped here a couple of times: once in Montreal, the other time in Toronto. Both times items have scanned in at higher than the sticker price, and it's led to a real drama with useless customer services to get refunded.

But that's not all. Recently I had to return a defective DVD, and I got messed around for the best part of 45 mins by a "team" who had no idea what they were doing (how many ways can you try to explain "defective" to someone? "faulty", "broken", "not working"?). When they finally came to give me my replacement, the girl said "we have to open it to check it for scratches", and then tried to rip open the case that was held together with security stickers on top and bottom (she said to me: "am I doing this right?"). Eventually, she hacked it open with a knife (!) and took the disc out. I wasn't happy with the look of it, but she got a drone to have a go at playing it on one of the store's DVD players, and after a quick flick through the chapters (by me - he didn't seem to know how to do this without a remote) I just said I'd take it so I could get out of there. I then got messed around at the exit for having a receipt "not with today's date" on it (the original purchase receipt, clipped to my new one). I was completely furious with the whole business.

In hindsight, I should have tossed the defective disc and kissed goodbye to my $20 - I don't have money to burn, but it would have been preferable to enduring that circus.

So, that's a lesson learned. If you've never shopped there, I'd say don't. My own experience indicates that overcharging is frequent, and customer service is supremely sh!tty.

OK... that makes me feel a little better. Don't give 'em your money, folks.

Dazza.
Old 02-28-08, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i heard Best Buy was buying them out?

-NiCK
Old 02-28-08, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ i think they are the same?
Old 03-18-08, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
They are. Futureshop is owned by Best Buy.