Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Jurassic Park SE or Blu-Ray??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-08, 09:30 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jurassic Park SE or Blu-Ray??

When are they going to release this as a Anniversary SE and/or Blu-Ray?? Maybe when the fourth movie comes out??

Last edited by mbtrent1617; 02-24-08 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-24-08, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's really no way to tell. Nothing has been mentioned. I'm sure anything released on standard def will just be a repackaged disc of what's already out, and the Blu-Ray I'm sure will be a while.
Old 02-24-08, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Now that the HD format war is over it wouldn't surprise me if we see Jurassic Park on Blu-ray relatively soon in the next 9-12 months. With its reference demo soundtrack it should do very well with the early adopter crowd and that might be a consideration.
Old 02-24-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

It might but it took forever for it to even hit standard def DVD. I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old 02-24-08, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm guessing a 20th Anniversary edition is in the works...
Old 02-24-08, 09:33 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
My crystal ball is telling me June...2010.
Old 02-24-08, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Well, this is the 15th anni... but i doubt being able to put that on the cover will make it sell significantly more. Definitely hope they do a new SE soon, I'll be down for the Blu-ray. I don't really see a 4th one happening anytime soon... you'd think the studio would've mentioned it during their recent statements about their future plans.
Old 02-25-08, 01:53 AM

I'll be very interested to see how Universal handles their journey into Blu-Ray after they put all that energy into the false start of building their consumer HD catalog on the HD-DVD format. Will their HD releases continue with the same vigor, or will it be a slow crawl back from square one?

Having observed their progress from format to format in the past (VHS to laserdisc to DVD), I wouldn't be surprised if a few of their current HD-DVD titles won't see a Blu-Ray release for a looooong time.

As far as Jurassic Park, there's the Spielberg factor and he may have an opinion as to when his franchise titles will be ready for Blu-Ray.
Old 02-25-08, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert
I'm guessing a 20th Anniversary edition is in the works...
First, I LOLed, then I realized how close it is to the 20th anniversary and now I just feel old
Old 02-25-08, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
It might but it took forever for it to even hit standard def DVD. I wouldn't hold your breath.
Not really. It came out in October 2000. 3 years into dvd, I know but it still was the biggest movie on dvd at the time.
Old 02-28-08, 06:00 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

you all know theres a mindboggling Official disc from China that leaves the Famed Japan Superbit in the dust?
IT seems that it was the only way to stop bootleggers, was to put out a word of mouth state of the art-looking better than the source material (Kidding)WOW! edition-from what ive read
Old 02-29-08, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Considering the clamor for this movie on disc it did take quite some time to hit the market, then it came out in a bazillion different configurations; FF and WS, DTS and DD, single discs or 4 disc collector edition. I already owned the VHS, the LD and the DTS DVD. In fact I saw this the other night and it is definately one I would upgrade to BluRay but not to another CE.