Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

HDScape HD DVD Blowout. $6.95 (orig. $24.95) each or $29.95 for all 7 HD DVD discs.

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

HDScape HD DVD Blowout. $6.95 (orig. $24.95) each or $29.95 for all 7 HD DVD discs.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-08, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HDScape HD DVD Blowout. $6.95 (orig. $24.95) each. Bundle available.

Hello all:

I was just IMing with Geoffrey and he told me I should post this offer in this forum.

HDScape is a label that releases scenic content on both HD DVD and Blu-ray. From underwater footage, aquarium and fireplace, beautiful natural scenery, all in full-motion high definition video.

Our parent company, DVD International, has a long history of supporting a wide range of platforms, from laser disc, to NUON, to D-VHS, DVD, HD DVD and Blu-ray. We actually continued to sell NUON discs and controllers until very recently!

Anyway, we anticipate that there will continue to be a small, but dedicated following for HD DVD. And if you bought an HD DVD player, you might be the kind of person who wants to use it to look at fish in high definition.

If this post describes you, feel free to check out our blowout sale. Each HDScape HD DVD disc is only $6.95 and you can score all 7 of them for only $29.95.

Also, before I forget, the 2nd side of the disc is a standard DVD, which will play on any DVD player, including Blu-ray (and they look pretty good upconverted on my PS3).

www.hdscape.com

HD DVD is dead. Long live HD DVD!

Jason Rosenfeld

edited: title due to change in the bundle and the price increase for the bundle.

Last edited by HDScape Jason; 02-21-08 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-19-08, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Cool deal - Wife and I love Planet Earth so I had considered picking these up as well. At this price, going to go for it. My wife and sister are teachers, maybe they can use them for class someday as well.

In for one last night. Thanks for letting us know and the warning it was ending.

Last edited by speedyray; 02-20-08 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-20-08, 01:58 AM

I was going to bite, but the $10 shipping seem to be too much. Any coupon codes for discount/free shipping?
Old 02-20-08, 05:15 AM

When I get in today, I'll ask our packers to take a look at shipping. For international orders, we are going to be stuck in a situation where s&h is a large percentage of the cost of the bundle, but for USA and Canada, we might be able to tweak things. We prefer not to use media mail for the USA -- but perhaps we can offer it as a cheaper option.
Old 02-20-08, 09:39 AM

I could be seeing this wrong, but I show a total of 9 HD-DVD titles. I could understand DVE not being a part of this, but is there a reason why it looks like HDScape StarGaze II HD DVD is not included in the bundle?
Old 02-20-08, 10:05 AM

StarGaze HD is due to be released on Blu-ray and HD DVD, but based on recent events, we are taking a look at whether it makes sense to release the HD DVD version.

The other disc is the sampler -- it is available at a discount, but since the bundle contains all of the full programs, we opted not to include it.

Last edited by HDScape Jason; 02-20-08 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-20-08, 10:26 AM

Thank you - i'll put my order in for the bundle pack soon.
Old 02-20-08, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you do decide to release StarGaze, I'll order it.
Old 02-20-08, 10:49 AM
Cool New Member

Shipping break

Jason, thanks for the heads up. I'm like a lot of my pals, ready to order
(backchannel communications)DVDTALK folks looking for a coupon or break on the shipping before we jump and buy.

Can you push forward on this...perhaps actually price the true cost of shipping and arrange this with a code for DVDTALK regulars? It'd be appreciated and your company would then see a spike in orders...just a thought and hope it
Old 02-20-08, 11:27 AM

Hello Again:

I deal in both the b2c and b2b sides of our business, and based on our meeting and comments from dealers who are still buying these discs in large (for us) quantities -- I was instructed to kill the bundle immediately. I asked for an extension on the basis that I had only just gotten the word out. I got a reprieve until the end of business today.

If you check out our site now, you will see that the bundle price is now going to expire at 6:00 PM today (based on the fact that I have a dentist appointment at 6:30 PM -- there is no sinister reason other than that I need to kill the deal before I leave today. My drive to the dr. is about 25 minutes. this is going down to the wire. .)

The motivation behind the change is that there are dealers (we are in a niche business to begin with) who still want to be able to sell what they've got and purchase more copies at wholesale.

The $6.95 pricing is not going away. Just the bundle pricing.
Old 02-20-08, 11:37 AM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for posting this. Under $6 a disc after shipping isn't a bad deal at all.
Old 02-20-08, 11:43 AM

was going to jump but the $15 shipping charge to Canada made me change my mind.
Old 02-20-08, 11:54 AM

Hello again. I understand completely the concerns about s&h. Unfortunately, as we lower the product price, we cannot proportionally lower the shipping. On most of our sites, we take a slight hit on shipping but make it up on the sale of the item. Shipping, without paying the packers, or for the packing materials in the USA is approximately $8 for the bundle. International orders are sent by international first class USPS.

I just checked and Canada costs a good deal less than the rest of the world, so I'll see if I save you anything and adjust the Canadian shipping. Check in about 10 minutes.

edit: changed to $11 for Canada! Still $1 more than USA --- but there's no tracking number. we need to use global priority for that, and it's not going to be cost effective for you or us to use it.

Last edited by HDScape Jason; 02-20-08 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-20-08, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Calmuser
was going to jump but the $15 shipping charge to Canada made me change my mind.

I ordered the bundle WITH the $15 shipping.

$44.95 / 7 Discs = $6.42 per disc, shipped!

Still a great deal
Old 02-20-08, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jason,you got PM about my order and the difference in shipping. thx
Old 02-20-08, 12:12 PM

good thing i came home for lunch and checked the site...been wanting these for a while...thanks to the OP...
Old 02-20-08, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by HDScape Jason
Hello again. I understand completely the concerns about s&h. Unfortunately, as we lower the product price, we cannot proportionally lower the shipping. On most of our sites, we take a slight hit on shipping but make it up on the sale of the item. Shipping, without paying the packers, or for the packing materials in the USA is approximately $8 for the bundle. International orders are sent by international first class USPS.

I just checked and Canada costs a good deal less than the rest of the world, so I'll see if I save you anything and adjust the Canadian shipping. Check in about 10 minutes.

edit: changed to $11 for Canada! Still $1 more than USA --- but there's no tracking number. we need to use global priority for that, and it's not going to be cost effective for you or us to use it.

hmm I still get $15 at the checkout.
Old 02-20-08, 12:23 PM

Can you try clearing your cart and trying again? If that doesn't work, can you remove the cookie from your browser? Usually logging out of the site, clearing the cart and refreshing the browser will fix this.
Old 02-20-08, 12:28 PM

okay, I got the $11 shipping thanks.

Ordered!
Old 02-20-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What is the length of shows on these discs?
Old 02-20-08, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts
Thanks; as a failed format collector (I have every CED videodisc title!) I'm gonna try to at least get all the HD-DVD combo discs that have been issued.
Old 02-20-08, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by HDScape Jason
If you check out our site now, you will see that the bundle price is now going to expire at 6:00 PM today
I just put my order through - thanks for the bundle pricing!
Old 02-20-08, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Too bad no media mail shipping. I just can't pull the trigger on that $9.99 shipping. I have my Planet Earth set and just not sure how much I would watch the Fireplace and Aquarium. I think the novelty might wear off of that pretty quick.
Old 02-20-08, 02:30 PM

Thanks for the post. Decided to order a set.
Old 02-21-08, 10:28 AM

Sorry for the long time it took to respond. I will go through my PMs today. We actually did a few things based on the recent events. We posted an upgrade policy and order path on our sites for people who want to upgrade the HD DVD to Blu-ray format.

It basically will entail mailing the casewrap to us (but keeping the disc and case) and paying $11.95.

We have something similar on our dvdinternational.com site for owners of Digital Video Essentials HD -- it's under the DVE section. It is a different process -- it actually entails mailing in the disc but keeping the DVE filter and case (we are sending return postage in this situation since it's much heavier than a casewrap).

We tried to make the terms the same for both, but we deal with different content owners and must work everything out based on the content.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.