Search this Thread

Old 02-18-08, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles--"Dungeons and Dragons"--2/18/08

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

While fighting for his life and moving in and out of consciousness, Derek Reese (Brian Austin Green) remembers life in the future and his personal battle against the machines. Meanwhile, Sarah finds herself trying to explain the past to Charley.
Charley Dixon: Dean Winters.

Old 02-18-08, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet...scenes from the future. That could be awesome.
Old 02-18-08, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Yes I am looking forward to seeing the future scenes. The preview for this episode looked good.
Old 02-18-08, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
This episode is boring the hell out of me.
Old 02-18-08, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Loved this episode!
Old 02-18-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
This episode is boring the hell out of me.
I think I dozed off during some parts of this episode, too.
Old 02-18-08, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I've been catching up on Threshold on Universal HD.

Apparently, this ep had a signal embedded causing viewers to be bored for 42 minutes.

However, I will say...I haven't though much of Summer since i'm not a Whedonite, but she was looking pretty good for the first half of the ep..

Last edited by Rogue588; 02-18-08 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-18-08, 10:23 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does this mean the 3rd movie never happened? if so then that's okay
Old 02-18-08, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode. I was hoping to see the future John Connor though.

One question why didn't Andy age at all in 20 years?
Old 02-18-08, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Honestly, I hope this was a puzzle type show..sets in motion other things coming down the line..because the rest of it was boring as hell.
Old 02-18-08, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts
I liked this episode. I think the show is getting stronger as it progresses. I was a little worried last week when 90210 showed up, but he's doing fine.

I agree that Summer is looking really good--and I like that they have introduced some doubt about her character's reliability.
Old 02-19-08, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
The bad thing about the 10 year time jump is that it probably ruined the chance to do some great stunt casting for future John if he ever shows up in an episode. Unfortunately now they would have him set up as late 30s so using Michael Biehn wouldn't work.

Speaking of Terminator actors...it's also too bad Earl Boen retired.
Old 02-19-08, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk God

I thought it was a good episode. I liked the future scenes. I thought the actor who played Kyle Reese was pretty darn close to a circa 1980's Michael Biehn. I think it's interesting now that they are setting up Cameron to have suspicious motives.

Yes, to answer Fok's question, the 3rd movie never existed in this timeline.
Old 02-19-08, 03:55 AM

Good episode. Anyone else notice the rubber-like appearance of the early terminators? I swear the hands looked a bit rubbery, just as Kyle described the first version of the terminator in the first movie.
Old 02-19-08, 07:48 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
They need to cool it with the "Lost"-style mysteries. First the "paintings on the wall" at the high school, now the "Music room".
Old 02-19-08, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by AutoSear
Good episode. Anyone else notice the rubber-like appearance of the early terminators? I swear the hands looked a bit rubbery, just as Kyle described the first version of the terminator in the first movie.
For a second, I thought Michael Myers had showed up in the Terminator universe...
Old 02-19-08, 08:41 AM

I was kinda wiped out last night and decided I'd just let the TiVo catch this ep. Decided to watch the first few minutes... and I couldn't stop watching. Thats the mark of a good episode for me.

One thing that annoys me however is, why all the secrecy about Kyle being John's dad? The only reason I can think of is to add some tension to the plotline.
Old 02-19-08, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So if BAG was sent back to Kill Andy, then his conversation with future Andy chained to the floor should have erased from his memory as soon as he killed him.
Old 02-19-08, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
So if BAG was sent back to Kill Andy, then his conversation with future Andy chained to the floor should have erased from his memory as soon as he killed him.
Did Marty McFly's memories disappear as soon as his mother fell in love with him? Did they? Huh?
Old 02-19-08, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
Did Marty McFly's memories disappear as soon as his mother fell in love with him? Did they? Huh?
No, but he started to.
Old 02-19-08, 09:08 AM

My point is that Back to the Future teaches us that a time travelers memories do not change, even if they manage to change their own future somehow. Which is why Marty was surprised by the new truck when he returned to 1985.
Old 02-19-08, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
My point is that Back to the Future teaches us that a time travelers memories do not change, even if they manage to change their own future somehow. Which is why Marty was surprised by the new truck when he returned to 1985.
Ah, screw it! This is getting too confusing.
Old 02-19-08, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I must have missed something, but who is Andy?

I thought this was a good episode but I was having trouble keeping who was who straight in the future storyline.

So we have no idea what happened in the basement, right? I kept thinking that they might have done something to Reese, like implanted something in him to trace him or somehow betray the humans. It seemed strange that they let them go. When he went right in to see John Connor I was having flashbacks of them trying to find Cuato in Total Recall.

Another thing I did not get was the burned up photo of Sarah Conner - why did the wrong brother have that? Didn't that go with John's father to the future in 1984?

Last edited by Jadzia; 02-19-08 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-19-08, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think they want to keep it secret that Kyle is his father because if it got around who his father was then they would try to kill Kyle before he went back in time to father John (just like they have tried to kill Sara). This is also why they shouldn't tell Cameron because then the knowledge would be "data" and if someone recovered her chip or something they would know what she knows.

As for the photo..if memory serves, Kyle didn't bring the photo back to 1984 with him. He said he memorized it I think. That was why it was such a "oh, I see" moment at the end of Terminator when she is in the jeep with the dog and gets the photo of herself. She realizes it's the photo that Kyle will eventually wind up with. I don't think they ever said in the movie what happened to the photo after Kyle memorized it, but I'm pretty sure he left it in the future...apparently for his brother to find.

And now for my spectulation....

I think they are playing a trick with Cameron possibly turning evil. I think she is collecting parts to build another terminator or weapon or something like that to help the group.....probably a terminator because she knows Sara would flip if she built another one which in her mind is the "machines building more machines that humans don't understand how to control."
Old 02-19-08, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I must have missed something, but who is Andy?

I thought this was a good episode but I was having trouble keeping who was who straight in the future storyline.

So we have no idea what happened in the basement, right? I kept thinking that they might have done something to Reese, like implanted something in him to trace him or somehow betray the humans. It seemed strange that they let them go. When he went right in to see John Connor I was having flashbacks of them trying to find Cuato in Total Recall.

Another thing I did not get was the burned up photo of Sarah Conner - why did the wrong brother have that? Didn't that go with John's father to the future in 1984?
Andy is the phone salesman who made the chess playing computer. (I'm pretty sure)

Derrick Reese found the picture of Sara in Kyle's footlocker or whatever after the attack on the bunker. I'm guessing John Connor gives it to him so he knows what Sara looks like before he goes back to protect her.

Which I guess that is why nobody knows where Kyle Reese is (they think he's dead in that plant or whatever) because that is when John Connor sent Kyle Reese back in time to what becomes the first Terminator movie.

Last edited by boogieman03; 02-19-08 at 10:26 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.