Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Is There Any Hope of These TV Shows Coming Out?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-08, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wanting the following on dvd:

Guns of Paradise (or just "Paradise") - cmon, surely I am not the only person who loved this western show. It starred Lee Horseley as a gunfighter and was filled with great action and villians. I really miss that show. I don't understand why CBS would release Magnificant Seven and not Paradise which aired for many more seasons.

Survivor - will CBS ever release any more Survivor seasons? I fear that the sales were too bad.

Amazing Race - CBS released two seasons and that was it.

Cheers - any hope of them ever finishing the series??

Young Riders - season 1 was released as a barebone set, and nothing since. I don't get it.
Old 02-17-08, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
Cheers - any hope of them ever finishing the series?
Season 9 is coming out April 29th... so it's continuing.
Old 02-17-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the problem of Survivor (which I watch) and Amazing Race (which I admittedly don't watch) is that there is zero replay value.
Old 02-17-08, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
I think the problem of Survivor (which I watch) and Amazing Race (which I admittedly don't watch) is that there is zero replay value.

This is completely false. There is a lot more enjoyment to the shows than just the strategy and seeing who wins. I have watched the seasons many times. There is so much to see that you won't remember everything that happened. Plus the locals and music are a joy to experience over and over. I enjoy watching how the players change physically over the show as well, and seeing all the good food too! Plenty of fun stuff to enjoy.
Old 02-17-08, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts
I had The survivor all stars edition, but sold it because I never watched it, the only thing it was good for was all of the deleted stuff they didn't or couldn't put on television.
Old 02-17-08, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
This is completely false. There is a lot more enjoyment to the shows than just the strategy and seeing who wins. I have watched the seasons many times. There is so much to see that you won't remember everything that happened. Plus the locals and music are a joy to experience over and over. I enjoy watching how the players change physically over the show as well, and seeing all the good food too! Plenty of fun stuff to enjoy.
that may be true, but I do remember CBS replayed the first season of Survivor and it was generally last in it's timeslot, including WB shows. Ever since then, CBS hasn't dared rerun any Survivor seasons
Old 02-17-08, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

CBS/Paramount tried with "Amazing Race" and "Survivor" there just wasn't a market for either release (although i'll admit I've purchased the first season of AR and the second of Survivor).

Personally I'm still waiting for seasons 2-4 of "Everwood" (I would take a shitty barebone release in a plastic bag at this point, as well as a bunch of "one-hit wonders" like "Bird's of Prey," "Glory Days," and "Young Americans"...
Old 02-17-08, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
Personally I'm still waiting for seasons 2-4 of "Everwood"

I was wondering that too. I bought the first season (sold it to someone on here later on) but I got that so long ago and I was wondering why I haven't heard anything about that since.
Old 02-18-08, 08:19 AM

it hasn`t been the same since the first season with Richard Hatch,Susan Hawk and Rudy Boesch(lightning in a bottle). it`s somewhat similar to watching Star Wars last three movies. no mark hamil,harrison ford just the name not the playas. a good suggestion would be to put Richard Hatch as permanent host when he gets out of jail. Jeff Probst will probally be replaced. also there are too many Survivors. what are they up to 15 seasons?
Old 02-18-08, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My husband and I have purchsed every season of Survivor thus far. I also own The Amazing Race, but I don't care to much if they continue that. I want them to continue Survivor for the simple fact that I missed about three seasons because of my school schedule, and would love to finally see them.
Old 02-18-08, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bloopbleep
it hasn`t been the same since the first season with Richard Hatch,Susan Hawk and Rudy Boesch(lightning in a bottle). it`s somewhat similar to watching Star Wars last three movies. no mark hamil,harrison ford just the name not the playas. a good suggestion would be to put Richard Hatch as permanent host when he gets out of jail. Jeff Probst will probally be replaced. also there are too many Survivors. what are they up to 15 seasons?

How is it similar to watching the last three movies of Star Trek? Richard Hatch wasn't a cast member that was replaced, or done away with. It's a reality show. The cast is supposed to change from season to season, and not focus on people from prior seasons. And since you don't even know what season they're up to, is it safe for me to assume that you don't watch it anymore? So, then how can you say it hasn't been the same?

And your suggestion is horrible. I would definitely stop watching the show if Richard Hatch became the host. Yeah, lets give him even more money

Last edited by Sabrett; 02-18-08 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-18-08, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
Or what about

Freakylinks

or

G vs E

?
Old 02-18-08, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sabrett
How is it similar to watching the last three movies of Star Trek? Richard Hatch wasn't a cast member that was replaced, or done away with. It's a reality show. The cast is supposed to change from season to season, and not focus on people from prior seasons. And since you don't even know what season their up to, is it safe for me to assume that you don't watch it anymore? So, then how can you say it hasn't been the same?

And your suggestion is horrible. I would definitely stop watching the show if Richard Hatch became the host. Yeah, lets give him even more money
watched the first season and it was absolutely amazing(must see tv). have tried to watch other seasons and have been let down. this new season does seem interesting though.
Old 02-18-08, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sabrett
Richard Hatch wasn't a cast member that was replaced, or done away with.
Moving to the Battlestar Galactica thread.
Old 02-18-08, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bloopbleep
watched the first season and it was absolutely amazing(must see tv). have tried to watch other seasons and have been let down. this new season does seem interesting though.
I'm currently watching Vanuwatu season 9 on dvd, and it is a lot of fun. You have some colorful players in this season. Sarge for one who is actually serving in Iraq right now. My hats off to him. Rory was great fun as a loud mouth, and a lot of people have forgotten Chris, the guy with one leg.

The show featured some amazing locales of the volcano, an on air earthquake, and a native teaching them out to live off the land. Fascinating stuff.
Old 02-19-08, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Reality TV just doesn't sell well at all on DVD. Look at The Apprentice, Universal only released season 1 on DVD and had to do a music replacement on the theme song to reduce costs and even that couldn't help sales. I don't think people want to shell out $30-40 for reality TV on DVD. Plus I think CBS/Paramount doesn't want to waste any more money hiring a DVD producer to put together bonus material for The Amazing Race and Survivor.....they probably would rather do it for their scripted shows like CSI which they know will sell.
Old 02-19-08, 05:29 AM

I am still waiting for Punk'd season 3 etc to be released and also Young Americans. I got a response from MTV about Punk'd season 3 etc and they said they want to release it but Paramount is not so keen.