Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Jaws 2 - Worst Audio Sound I've Ever Heard

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-08, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaws 2 - Worst Audio Sound I've Ever Heard

Does anyone else have this problem? The Audio track on the Jaws 2 DVD is horrible. It sounds muddled and I can hardly hear anything the actors are saying. John Wiliams score sounds as if it's being played through a thick steel drum. I mainly bought this DVD to hear the score. The sound improves a little during the 2nd half.

I like my DVD's to have people's spoken dialogue "S" sounds to be clear "SSSS" sounds, not "TTHHH" sounds. If i want "THHH" sounds I'll go back to VHS.

Bad job Universal.
Old 02-14-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JasonTHX
Does anyone else have this problem? The Audio track on the Jaws 2 DVD is horrible. It sounds muddled and I can hardly hear anything the actors are saying. John Wiliams score sounds as if it's being played through a thick steel drum. I mainly bought this DVD to hear the score. The sound improves a little during the 2nd half.

I like my DVD's to have people's spoken dialogue "S" sounds to be clear "SSSS" sounds, not "TTHHH" sounds. If i want "THHH" sounds I'll go back to VHS.

Bad job Universal.

Thufferin' thuckotash!

My first thought when I saw "s" sounds and "tthhh" sounds.
Old 02-14-08, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
My audio sound is fine on this disc. the video sound however is terrible. I did a visual scan of the disc surface, with my eyes, and found some irregularities in the disc surface.
Old 02-14-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I just watched this the other day and it looked/sounded fine to me. Sure, with all the extras it should have at least had a 5.1 track, but it wasn't terrible. I've heard much worse.
Old 02-14-08, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've seen the film many times,and rented the dvd back when it came out. And have had no issues with the audio at all. It sounds perfectly fine in its original mono form. Dialogue was easy to hear,music and all sounded fine.
Old 02-14-08, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's all good and I have the Jaws 2 on CD to boot ((the CD sounds bad-ass))if you can find it pick-it-up.
Old 02-15-08, 02:38 AM

Even worse than the audio on any given episode of "Leave it to Beaver" (which I'm entirely positive had its dialogue track recorded on a wax cylinder, covered in a thick towel, in a tin can across the room from the actors)
Old 02-18-08, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by cranberries fan
It's all good and I have the Jaws 2 on CD to boot ((the CD sounds bad-ass))if you can find it pick-it-up.
Oh, I'm definitely looking for it.
Old 02-22-08, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You should try listening to the original First Blood DVD (not the SE or UE). That's the worst transfer I've ever heard that isn't a budget bin release or something that's just inherent with the original elements. The dialog was muddy as hell and recorded way too low. I had to jack up the volume to 3x normal just to hear them talk and then every time the music or a sound effect kicked in it just about blew out my ear drums. I can't tell you how happy I was when the SE came out and I could finally ditch that mess.
Old 02-22-08, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jjcool
My audio sound is fine on this disc. the video sound however is terrible. I did a visual scan of the disc surface, with my eyes, and found some irregularities in the disc surface.
I'm not sure what you mean by audio sound and video sound.