Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 2/14/08

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will send someone home next?
Fans
71.43%
Favorites
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-08, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Episode Title:
Spoiler:
The Sounds of Jungle Love

Episode Description:
Spoiler:
The two tribes learn that a person from each team will be sent to Exile Island where an immunity idol is hidden. As turmoil threatens the fans' camp, Amanda and Ozzy steam up the favorites' beach with unbridled passion. At tribal council, another castaway is voted out of the competition. Jeff Probst is the host.

Last edited by auto; 02-13-08 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-14-08, 04:24 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad Johnny-boy is gone. Like somebody said last week, he's ok for one episode, but more than that and he really starts to annoy a guy. Kind of a like a friend who is a nice enough person, but after spending a whole day with them on the road or something you want to strangle them for never shutting up and having a comment for everything.
Old 02-14-08, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm putting my money on the favorites picking up the slack from last time. They'll win both the reward and immunity.
Old 02-14-08, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
Damn I didn't see that one coming with Mary being blind-sided.
Old 02-14-08, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
While I'll never fault a good blindsiding I thought it was all a little overplayed. That's something to be done when you're lower in numbers or when you're at a turning point of the game. Doing it now just seems to give rise to unnecessary tensions. Also, it forces Joel to try to bond with people (the older 3) that probably don't like him.

It was fun to see the return of dolphin boy.
Old 02-14-08, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did anyone notice that Joel, who started the petition to get rid of Mary, actually voted for Tracy?

Is he trying to cover his ass with Mikey B by saying correctly that he didn't vote for Mary?

Chris
Old 02-14-08, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Did anyone notice that Joel, who started the petition to get rid of Mary, actually voted for Tracy?

Is he trying to cover his ass with Mikey B by saying correctly that he didn't vote for Mary?

Chris
That's what I kind of figured. Maybe he's trying to create dissension in the ranks. We have ample examples through the years on how much people overreact to "hinky" votes. If I was ever on one of these shows I'd probably do it at some point to try to stir things up.
Old 02-14-08, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Joel basically got the ladies in his tribe to do the dirty work for him to boot Mary, while currying favor with Mikey by voting for Tracey. Pretty slick, actually.
Old 02-15-08, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intersting move by the fireman guy this early in the game

I'm gonna miss Mary she was cute with a nice body
Old 02-15-08, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mary or Mikey B never saw it coming!!!
I love that type of challange. I wish there were 2 challanges though. Is James not a good swimmer? I remember hearing a comment about swimming from him last season, but don't remember what it is now.
Old 02-15-08, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mwbmis
It was fun to see the return of dolphin boy.
Old 02-15-08, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That was just hilarious, watching the change in expressions on Mikey's face when Mary was voted off was priceless. I can't wait now to see how this all goes down next week as far as his questioning of "WTH happened everyone"?

Also, I'm pretty sure I seem to recall James when he was in China saying he was not really a good swimmer. He did the absolute best thing by being the person to open up the chest. Depending on the upcoming chalenges I can now see the FAVORITES going on a nice run. I have a feeling that them getting their butts whooped in that first challenge woke them up and made them realize they just can't expect to win since they did it all before.

That whole back and forth thing with the clues for Exile Island was a riot. I wonder how many actual times someone will have to go between islands before they can actually find the idol. And the thing is if they always send 2 people there what are they going to do if they decide to search together like the 2 did this week. Play rock paper scissors for it or something like that?
Old 02-15-08, 09:28 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
While I'll never fault a good blindsiding I thought it was all a little overplayed. That's something to be done when you're lower in numbers or when you're at a turning point of the game.
My thought, too. Done this early, it almost always comes roaring backatya like a baboon (named Joel) with round circles around his butt!
Old 02-15-08, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Amanda
Old 02-15-08, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Who let Danzig on the island?
Old 02-15-08, 10:56 AM

Why is it that every year these idiots always find some reason to vote the hot chick out first chance they get? Mary, we hardly knew ye...

I remember Ozzy being the fastest swimmer Survivor ever had but I thought Dolphin Boy was Ian from Palau.

Oz and Amanda definitely showed some passion, however it looked "bridled" to me unless they left alot on the cutting room floor.

Did Eliza get a breast reduction or something? I remembered her alot bigger than she is this go-round.

I already miss Fairplay.
Old 02-15-08, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I dind't think Mary was hot at all. Alexis is pretty hot though.
Old 02-15-08, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The smart thing would be to alternate between who swims across between islands for the clues. One swims and the other rests. Since the exile island is kind of wimpy now (one night with company) I would try to go back again and start up the clue hunt where I left off.
Old 02-15-08, 01:59 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I got a kick out of Mary getting eliminated. that was fun! nicely edited.
Old 02-15-08, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Fucking pricks, got rid of the hottest chick there.
Old 02-15-08, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

is Mary the one in the green bikini?
Old 02-15-08, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Struz
Amanda
Can't wait for her to release a sex tape. In China, she said her mom is gonna kill her for running across the field with her boobs out. Now, she has no problem having sex in Survivor?
Old 02-15-08, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Schloob1
That was just hilarious, watching the change in expressions on Mikey's face when Mary was voted off was priceless. I can't wait now to see how this all goes down next week as far as his questioning of "WTH happened everyone"?

Also, I'm pretty sure I seem to recall James when he was in China saying he was not really a good swimmer. He did the absolute best thing by being the person to open up the chest. Depending on the upcoming chalenges I can now see the FAVORITES going on a nice run. I have a feeling that them getting their butts whooped in that first challenge woke them up and made them realize they just can't expect to win since they did it all before.

That whole back and forth thing with the clues for Exile Island was a riot. I wonder how many actual times someone will have to go between islands before they can actually find the idol. And the thing is if they always send 2 people there what are they going to do if they decide to search together like the 2 did this week. Play rock paper scissors for it or something like that?
Who's to say Cirie or the other chick didn't allready find it?
Old 02-15-08, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zuffy
Can't wait for her to release a sex tape. In China, she said her mom is gonna kill her for running across the field with her boobs out. Now, she has no problem having sex in Survivor?
They had sex? I must have looked away for a minute.
Old 02-15-08, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

After the challenge, Eliza was hopping around like Jim Valvano looking for someone to hug, but Yau-Man and James wanted no part of it. Damn, she's annoying.

Mary is beautiful. What a waste.

das

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.