Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

newtownvideo.com - How are they to sell to?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-07-08, 09:00 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any recent experiences selling DVDs to newtownvideo.com? I've seen several negative posts about them on this site and one or two positive experiences. If you've had experience selling them, what were the size of your orders and did you have anything that sold for pretty high prices, like $30-40?
Old 02-08-08, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've sold 3 orders to Newtown in the last 4 months, and have generally been very pleased with the results. 2 of the 3 orders went perfectly. On the other order they rejected a couple items claiming that the UPCs did not match. In actuality, the UPCs DID match. I suspect they had more of that particular item than they wanted by the time my order got there. No big deal, I ended up selling them for more money on Half.com anyway.

Just make sure that if you sell anything to them you check the box that says "Return at Customer's Expense" and not the one that tells them to "trash it".

Each of my orders were in the $100 - $150 range. 5 of my DVDs were in the $30 - $50 range, and all 5 were accepted with no problem. Payment was fast (I chose to be paid via snail mail check).
Old 02-08-08, 10:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've only used them once, but I had no problem with them.

Sold about 10-15 DVDs(some were TV sets) there and about 5-6 games. Order was for $147, and they accepted everything. Charged me (and rightly so) 50 cents for a DVD case that was messed up. Took about 2 weeks from the time i shipped it to get check in hand(they can also pay out to a paypal account).

Only 1 item above $30.
Old 08-11-09, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts
Re: newtownvideo.com - How are they to sell to?

I was just about to make a post about this site.

I'm about to sell all of my Farscape Starburst sets to them as they are offering pretty decent prices, and Ebay fees have just gotten out of hand.

Anybody else use them lately? Just don't want to go through the hassle of shipping to them only for them to reject and charge me to ship them back.
Old 11-05-09, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just wanted to add to this thread saying that I sold a bunch of older DVDs and a few CDs I didn't want anymore. Very pleased with their prices and only had a couple of minor reductions in final price due to possible damage of a couple of CD jewel cases being shipped. I'd deal with them again in a heartbeat. Nice to clear out one of my cabinets.
Old 11-05-09, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

^^ Agreed 100%. They accepted everything I shipped to them and at much much better pricing I could have received elsewhere.
Old 11-05-09, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Over the past two years, I've sold them DVDs 12 different times, totalling just over $1500, with several items in the $30+ range. Never had a problem, always got my checks very quickly. Their prices are fantastic, especially on OOP stuff. I still can't believe how much they've paid me for some of my unwanted DVDs. Sometimes, out of curiosity, I'll go back to their site months later and see what they're paying for stuff I've sold them in the past, and it's usually a lot less.

Rob