Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dish Network HD-DVR question

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-08, 01:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dish Network HD-DVR question

I joined Dish Network on August 2007 and they gave me a DVR box and regular one free. Now I want to get an HD-DVR, so I called the local resellers and they told me that it cost $350 to get the HD-DVR box plus $10 monthly for the HD channels available. I don't have problem paying the $10 more but is there any cheaper way of getting the HDDVR box?
Old 02-06-08, 03:49 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by dx23
I joined Dish Network on August 2007 and they gave me a DVR box and regular one free. Now I want to get an HD-DVR, so I called the local resellers and they told me that it cost $350 to get the HD-DVR box plus $10 monthly for the HD channels available. I don't have problem paying the $10 more but is there any cheaper way of getting the HDDVR box?
look for their specials. They usually have some special for a free upgrade to the HD service. I've seen these special offers often. their website might also show these special upgrade packages.
I know that as soon as we get our HDtv, that's the special offer we're going to be looking at.
Old 02-06-08, 06:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dx23

Call Dish direct and see what "Dishing it up specials" they have- if you usually agree to sign up for a certain # of month agreement as well as credit card autopay- they will offer specials for existing customers.- Heres the link for current customers http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/o...ng/index.shtml
Old 02-07-08, 03:47 PM
Banned

Thanks for the suggestions but now another I have another problem. None of the offers that Continental US has apply to Puerto Rico. So, i have another question: Could I purchase an HD reciever on ebay and get Dish Network to activate it? I checked around and there are several recievers under $150, so I want to know that if I purchase one, I'll be able to use it.
Old 02-07-08, 07:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't see why not.
Just 2 things

1- Make sure that you find out what the receiver and SC # is and then ask Dish if there are any outstanding PPV/VOD etc attached to the account or any fees tied to the account before purchasing.

2- Because HD is at the 61.5 and 129 locations- Make sure that the locations are obtainable for PR.