One Tree Hill "Don't Dream It's Over" 02/05/08

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-05-08, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoiler:
It's confrontation time in Tree Hill, as Lucas confronts Peyton about her nasty behavior towards Lindsey and Brooke must confront Victoria about meddling with Peyton's record label. Meanwhile, Nathan begins to grow closer to Carrie, Haley continues to struggle in dealing with Quentin, and Mouth must choose sides between his co-workers or Alice.
Old 02-05-08, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts
Not a bad episode, it seems obvious at this point Brooke's mom has become the replacement for Dan. I think Skillz has become my favorite character of this season.
Old 02-06-08, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Victoria... "Whatever. You can lock up."

Good episode. Glad Nathan hasn't given in...yet. I gotta be honest, and maybe I'm gullible and was hoping they wouldn't go there, but I'm kinda surprised by this turn the hot nanny has made. She seemed like she wasn't going to make a pass at Nathan. Like she was really sincere and everything...boo. So hot in this episode tho.

Mr. Schwahn is giving me exactly what I want. Another good episode with the Lucas and Peyton blowup at the end. Next week looks even better!!

Two episodes left? Geez.
Old 02-06-08, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Not a bad episode, it seems obvious at this point Brooke's mom has become the replacement for Dan. I think Skillz has become my favorite character of this season.

They better find a way to humanize her a little bit, although many OTH characters have started out in a similar fashion (Nathan, Dan, Rachel).

Nice job by hot nanny to take Haley literally when she said don't wear a bikini in the pool.
Old 02-06-08, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It's a shame Chad Michael Murray is a bad actor because Lucas and Peyton's blowup at the end could have been a good scene, but Chad just doesn't have enough game.
Old 02-06-08, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

whaat? He's not that bad...?
Old 02-06-08, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brent_MN
Two episodes left? Geez.
I think there is more than that, I think they made it to twelve episodes before having to stop from the strike.
Old 02-06-08, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts
There's 8 or 9 episodes left.

I thought it was a really good episode. I am surprised with the whole turn on making the Nanny a seductress. Hoping Nathan doesn't give in.....he and Hales have been through enough already.

Victoria is such a bitch.
Old 02-07-08, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts
Even though I like Nathan and Haley as a couple, I'm predicting the relationship will end in divorce or separation before the season is over.
Old 02-07-08, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Even though I like Nathan and Haley as a couple, I'm predicting the relationship will end in divorce or separation before the season is over.
I can't believe that I'm invested enough to care, but I hope that you're wrong. In soap-style shows like this, I kind of like the idea of a "central relationship." One that is kind-of beyond reproach. Not that it doesn't have to be tested, but I don't want to see it end in divorce...especially now that the Jonathan Lipnicky knock-off is in the picture.
Old 02-07-08, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk God

tv.com says 6 more eps.
Old 02-07-08, 10:59 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This episode is where this season finally started to 'click' to me. The new characters all sort of asserted themselves here, which is what I felt was missing in the previous few episodes.
Old 02-07-08, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Oh, One Tree Hill, I asked you not to go there with the nanny. Pretty predictable stuff.
Old 02-07-08, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just thought Carrie sort of did a 180, character-wise. We had no inidication she was into Nathan at all and then suddenly she's putting his pants on (counterintuitive tho those who didn't watch...? haha) and skinny dipping in the pool?

no.
Old 02-08-08, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am surprised there isn't more recognition of how OTH has changed this season. Not only has the characters "grown up", but so has the writing. It's almost a different show, with more emphasis on soap drama than teen angst and comedy. I ,for one, am happy to see this transformation.
Old 02-08-08, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Ayre
I am surprised there isn't more recognition of how OTH has changed this season. Not only has the characters "grown up", but so has the writing. It's almost a different show, with more emphasis on soap drama than teen angst and comedy. I ,for one, am happy to see this transformation.

And with that, it's become much more boring IMO.
Old 02-08-08, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
And with that, it's become much more boring IMO.
I agree, but only because I don't give a damn about what happens to the characters. If the characters were more like-able and the acting more believable they would have been able to re-invent the show. In contrast, the FNL viewers generally will care about what happens to the characters, even the less honorable ones. Does anyone feel any sympathy for Nathan? Do you care if Peyton and Lucas get back together? I sure don't.

While I welcome the transformation, I think previous character development has sabotaged the effort.
Old 02-08-08, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk God

I can't stand the Peyton character, so I pretty much hate any storyline in which she is involved, and it's virtually always been that way.
Old 02-08-08, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ayre
For me the jump forward four years, just makes the actors more believable in their parts because they can now play roles closer to their actual ages. AS the first four seasons went on, it looked more and more like they were too old for high school.
Old 02-08-08, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
For me the jump forward four years, just makes the actors more believable in their parts because they can now play roles closer to their actual ages.

Not Mouth. He still looks like a 16-year old - and now they have him banging a cougar 20 years his senior.