Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Rose Tattoo

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-08, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rose Tattoo

Australia's 2nd best band of alltime.
[IMG]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mspv5lAx_JI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mspv5lAx_JI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/IMG]
Old 02-05-08, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's plenty of AMAZING Aussie bands out there that could be 2nd best. Celibate Rifles, Asteroid B612, the Monarchs, Hoodoo Gurus, Brother Brick, Challenger 7, Radio Birdman, the Victims, Scientists, Lime Spiders... the list goes on and on. I'm just touching the surface. Newer bands like Mustang and Devilrock Four could also be contenders for "2nd best" sometime in the future.

Rose Tattoo has too many slow songs, but I do like them quite a bit.
Old 02-05-08, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Who is Australia's first best band of all time? Men At Work?
Old 02-05-08, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kilcher
Who is Australia's first best band of all time? Men At Work?
Do you really have to ask?
Old 02-05-08, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by NORML54601
No kidding. Everyone knows it's 30 Odd Foot Of Grunts. Sheesh.
Old 02-05-08, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
There's plenty of AMAZING Aussie bands out there that could be 2nd best. Celibate Rifles, Asteroid B612, the Monarchs, Hoodoo Gurus, Brother Brick, Challenger 7, Radio Birdman, the Victims, Scientists, Lime Spiders... the list goes on and on. I'm just touching the surface. Newer bands like Mustang and Devilrock Four could also be contenders for "2nd best" sometime in the future.

Nice list there. A few of those are all-time favorites. Rose Tattoo is 2nd rate, not 2nd best. I find them to be kind of a silly band, actually.
Old 02-05-08, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth

Nice list, but where's The Angels (Angel City), Cold Chisel, Midnight Oil, The Easybeats...yeah I could go on, and on.

Never really cared for Rose Tattoo, though. Which isn't to say they're bad, they just didn't do anything for me. And how many 3rd rate AC/DC's does the world really need anyway? But, to each their own.

Oh and in regards to "who is Australia's best band of all-time", don't assume everyone knows its AC/DC. Too many uneducated people think they're from England. And personally, I'd give the honor of "2nd best" to INXS.
Old 02-05-08, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I'll take "obscure bands" for $100, Alex.
Old 02-05-08, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
Nice list, but where's The Angels (Angel City), Cold Chisel, Midnight Oil, The Easybeats...yeah I could go on, and on.
The Saints would be way up there as well. Midnight Oil have a couple of the defining moments of 80's rock in my book. Brilliant band. You mention Angel City... dig their album Darkroom.
Old 02-05-08, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by NORML54601
:notrolls: