DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Need some advice on columbia house

Jay Lethal
02-04-08, 05:02 PM
I recently sign up for there 5 free dvd's all i had to pay was shipping but now they are sending me movies that i didn't ask for,this is all confusing any advice as to how i can get out of this?

Xbox69
02-04-08, 05:51 PM
There's an entire sub-forum here dedicated to Columbia House and similar DVD mail-order clubs.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=13

Although I'm not certain of what enrollment offer you signed up with, there's usually an agreement to purchase more later and you need to create an online account where you'd go to decline automatic shipments. It's all in the fine print.

Johnny Zhivago
02-04-08, 05:52 PM
:wave:

CH is a club, you joined. Sounds like you didn't respond to your Directors Selections...

1) Read the Clubs forum (where this really belongs).

2) Ask questions.

3) Don't join CH without doing 1).

You'll need to fulfill your membership obligation by buying the amount of DVDs that you agreed to buy when signing up.

edit - Yeah, what Xbox said. :)

Cheato
02-04-08, 08:13 PM
It's all in the fine print.It's not even "fine print." It's the contract itself. It's like a newspaper article: there's a headline "Get 6 DVDs for 49 cents Each!" and then there's the article itself, which immediately explains the details. Columbia House makes no secret about the system, and spells it out extremely clearly.

So "confusing."

Jane2001
02-05-08, 10:16 AM
I recently sign up for there 5 free dvd's all i had to pay was shipping but now they are sending me movies that i didn't ask for,this is all confusing any advice as to how i can get out of this?

Don't open the ones you didn't buy and write return to sender on them. I've done this in the past and it usually works. They'll credit your account in several weeks. Then make sure you respond to the director selections going forward.

dadaluholla
02-05-08, 10:30 AM
Just a quick recap:

1/19/07
I recently did the 5 dvd for 49 cents each thing so i feeled out the application and everything they said i should be contacted in a couple of days to know if i was approved,i just look at my credit card charges and they have charged me already is that normal?

3/13/07
For some reason i can't get a live person on columbia's house part, i want to send all the dvd's back that i recived from them.

They have sent me a selection i didn't want or would i ever wont to watch this has really upset me but plkease tell me there is a way out of this pathetic club?

I havn't open any of the dvd's because i feared something like this would happen.

Just some friendly advice - maybe you should stop signing up if you are having such trouble with the club.
:)