Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Pepsi Stuff at Amazon.com (merged)

SFranke
02-03-08, 10:44 PM
Pepsi is running a promotion with Amazon. Codes are included on specially-marked Pepsi products. These codes can be redeemed for select Amazon.com merchandise, such as MP3s (5 points), CDs (60 points), and DVDs (90 points) (several Criterions are available).

I don't drink Pepsi, and I never will. However, reading the rules for the game revealed something interesting:

For four (4) free Codes (as defined below)/and a copy of the full Official Rules send your name and complete address postmarked by 10/22/08 to: Pepsi Stuff Code, P.O. Box 3418, Young America, MN 55558-3418. No self-addressed, stamped envelope (“SASE”) is required. Limit one (1) free request per hand-addressed postmarked outer envelope.

That's right; no restriction on the number available per address, and no SASE required.

If one were interested in a Criterion DVD, then one could purchase 23 post cards from the post office, fill them out, and mail them to the above address.

23 * $0.26 = $5.98
23 * 4 = 92 points = 1 DVD and 2 points

$5.98 + $2.98 shipping = $8.96

You'd have to include shipping on the order. (Super Saver would not apply, since only one Pepsi Stuff item is allowed per order)

The rules say "Limit one (1) free request per hand-addressed postmarked outer envelope". If they are serious about the envelope part, one can purchase envelopes from the post office with postage already affixed. I believe they are less than 50 cents each. In this case,

23 * $0.50 = $11.50
$11.50 + $2.98 = $14.48 and a lot of writing.

So there you have it.

TheMadMonk
02-03-08, 11:02 PM
Are you sure that 4 codes = 4 points?

IamHydrogen1
02-03-08, 11:05 PM
If I follow your math, it would be $6.88 for 60 points and a CD.

SFranke
02-03-08, 11:13 PM
Are you sure that 4 codes = 4 points?
Good point. The codes have different values ranging from 1 to 6 points each. See the link below.
http://pepsistuff.amazon.com/gp/pepsistuff/rules.html/ref=ps_hm_rules

If I follow your math, it would be $6.88 for 60 points and a CD.
Assuming the post cards work, yes. I think I might just call and ask if a post card is acceptable for the 4 free codes offer.

SterlingBen
02-03-08, 11:46 PM
If one were interested in a Criterion DVD, then one could purchase 23 post cards from the post office, fill them out, and mail them to the above address
i was under the impression that this was only for a limited selection of dvds, are there any Criterions even available?

SFranke
02-03-08, 11:58 PM
i was under the impression that this was only for a limited selection of dvds, are there any Criterions even available?
It is, as I said in my original post. Click the Pepsi Stuff image on Amazon.com's homepage, then DVDs, then browse the various genres. I saw 400 Blows, Walkabout, and several others.

SterlingBen
02-04-08, 12:23 AM
It is, as I said in my original post. Click the Pepsi Stuff image on Amazon.com's homepage, then DVDs, then browse the various genres. I saw 400 Blows, Walkabout, and several others.
Ah, sorry, Internet seems to have made me reading adverse. I'll be interested to see if the postcard deal works, especially If I can just send an index card postcard.

mbs
02-04-08, 12:30 PM
Would having Prime get free shipping on the Pepsi stuff items?

If using envelopes, would you include a card with your address? Or would you assume that they will get your address off the return portion (upper left) of your entry?

Peep
02-04-08, 06:57 PM
Assuming the post cards work, yes. I think I might just call and ask if a post card is acceptable for the 4 free codes offer.

"Limit one (1) free request per hand-addressed postmarked outer envelope."

Xbox69
02-04-08, 07:04 PM
Pepsi 12-packs include a code that is worth two points.

SFranke
02-04-08, 07:27 PM
"Limit one (1) free request per hand-addressed postmarked outer envelope."
I already pointed this out in the first post.

Peep
02-04-08, 08:26 PM
I already pointed this out in the first post.

I thought it worth pointing out to people as you seemed to be ignoring it yourself. Is there anything to lead you to believe that postcards will work beyond the fact that the rules seem to state that they will not?

And just because some yahoo on the phone says otherwise or a few people get away with it, I'm sure Pepsi will (sooner or later) enforce the rules and the people may end up wasting a bunch of money.

Seems like way to much of a YMMV to me.

SFranke
02-04-08, 10:58 PM
I thought it worth pointing out to people as you seemed to be ignoring it yourself.

Let's see: 1) I included two sets of equations for two possible scenarios in my post. 2) I cautioned IamHydrogen1 on taking the post card idea as a given. 3) I committed to finding out more.
You just stated the obvious. Thank you for your contribution.

Peep
02-05-08, 05:25 PM
I think it's a bad thing to encourage people to take foolish risks, especially when the rules forbid them. Sounds to me like the path you are headed down.

subzero9001
02-08-08, 11:56 PM
Hey, does anyone know what Criterions are available???

clappj
02-09-08, 05:00 PM
Hey, does anyone know what Criterions are available???

Here's the list all the DVDs, not just the Criterions:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=ps_hm_all_dvd?node=390976011

There's quite a few Criterions under the category "Indie & Arthouse" I noticed:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_6246782_7?ie=UTF8&docId=1000192351&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=0SRFVXMCZ1XG49HTWZ4N&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=361793601&pf_rd_i=390976011

MyUserName
02-13-08, 10:22 AM
Has anyone ordered any DVDs from Pepsi Stuff and had to pay shipping?

acubfaninmd
02-14-08, 02:33 PM
I need only 63 points to get my free DVD. Might just be a better idea to pay for it instead of saving up points. If anyone doesnt want to use their points they can PM the codes and I would be happy to use them.

clappj
02-14-08, 03:01 PM
If anyone doesnt want to use their points they can PM the codes and I would be happy to use them.

Me too.
I'll actually PayPal anyone who sends their codes my way a penny for each working Pepsi Points code.

acubfaninmd
02-14-08, 03:39 PM
Me too.
I'll actually PayPal anyone who sends their codes my way a penny for each working Pepsi Points code.

I'll one up you and offer 2 pennies for each working code

SFranke
02-14-08, 05:12 PM
3 pennies!

KurtK26
02-15-08, 09:34 PM
$0.04!

postalpez
02-16-08, 10:34 PM
5 cents

SterlingBen
02-17-08, 12:48 AM
no pennies
but how about a naked picture of an ex for every working code?

Eriecke23
02-17-08, 03:06 PM
I'll pay 10 cents per working code.

clappj
02-17-08, 03:37 PM
I'll pay 10 cents per working code.

I have to ask, but you do realize this whole thing I started is a joke right?

PayPal charges a minimum fee of 29 cents per transaction (the last time I checked anyway).

Just checking. ;)

MyUserName
02-21-08, 10:03 PM
Does anyone have any extra Pepsi Stuff codes from caps or box flaps? I'm trying to collect them, so if anyone happens to have any they don't use...Please feel free to PM them to me. Not begging...just wanted to let anyone know who might just throw them out otherwise. Thanks.

Mrs. Danger
02-21-08, 10:55 PM
Does anyone care? I hate marketing aimed at getting my contact information so I can get spammed.

FinkPish
02-21-08, 10:58 PM
There is a Hot Deals Forum that you know about where this should go.

clappj
02-21-08, 11:26 PM
Does anyone have any extra Pepsi Stuff codes from caps or box flaps? I'm trying to collect them, so if anyone happens to have any they don't use...Please feel free to PM them to me. Not begging...just wanted to let anyone know who might just throw them out otherwise. Thanks.

Feel free to "not beg" here, but you've already been outbid. ;)
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=524266

X
02-22-08, 10:44 AM
Any real attempts to buy and sell codes here will force us to close this thread just as the Disney Movie Rewards one did.

goodwill
02-25-08, 09:23 PM
Has anyone ordered any DVDs from Pepsi Stuff and had to pay shipping?

Nope. I just ordered Weeds Season One, and I just basically clicked on it, it asked me if I wanted it sent to my regular address, I gave them my phone number, and clicked Place Order. As easy as that.

For all the people looking for free codes, co-workers are a great source... I drink a lot of Pepsi as it is, but I can always use more codes. I've got a box next to my desk and started a whole contest with my co-workers. One entry (a cap with a code) gets them a "heartfelt thanks", 10 entries earns them a "sincere letter of appreciation", and the person who enters the most times wins "a high-five". I've had 2 or 3 people actually say after reading the rules (I've got "Official Rules" posted next to the box) "I want to win the high-five." I have a leaderboard and everything. I figure (or am hoping atleast) as this goes on, some of these guys are going to get competitive with the leaderboard and want to win.

It's going on practically all year, so there's lots of time to collect. Just figure out a way to get people to want to give them to you... I'm also not above digging through the recycle bin at work... Whatever it takes.

TheJoker
02-25-08, 10:15 PM
I hate how its only 1 point per cap....They have a good selection of prizes though.

goodwill
03-06-08, 10:10 PM
For all the people looking for free codes, co-workers are a great source... I drink a lot of Pepsi as it is, but I can always use more codes. I've got a box next to my desk and started a whole contest with my co-workers. One entry (a cap with a code) gets them a "heartfelt thanks", 10 entries earns them a "sincere letter of appreciation", and the person who enters the most times wins "a high-five". I've had 2 or 3 people actually say after reading the rules (I've got "Official Rules" posted next to the box) "I want to win the high-five." I have a leaderboard and everything. I figure (or am hoping atleast) as this goes on, some of these guys are going to get competitive with the leaderboard and want to win.

This might sound crazy, but it's working... In the week and a half since I made this post, I've collected over 100 codes from my co-workers. And I haven't had to beg or offer a cent. It's amazing what the promise of a simple thank you can do.

As I suspected, the leaderboard is really stirring up the competition, but one guy from the mail room is going nuts (over 50!) by collecting them for me from throughout the building, so I'm struggling to keep everyone else interested...

I've also collected one Coke Rewards cap which I don't want/need, so if anyone can use it, the code is: PA0W7MX0WJNB.

clappj
03-07-08, 07:23 AM
I've also collected one Coke Rewards cap which I don't want/need, so if anyone can use it, the code is: PA0W7MX0WJNB.

Thanks for posting, but it's already been redeemed by someone who didn't have the common courtesy to say thanks and acknowledge they used it.

BTW, I like your username. :)

g
03-10-08, 06:53 PM
Kind of a decent deal for pepsi points if you drink the stuff. Safeway has a deal where you buy 2 12 packs and get 3 free plus you get 10 extra pepsi stuff points that print at checkout. The first 2 packs cost 5.99 each so you get 5 for 11.98.

beesonosu
03-10-08, 08:13 PM
These are the times when having a close relative as a bar owner is really cool! Marlboro, Pepsi, etc. I remember when Pepsi first began these points (probably before mp3s were popular). we collected enough to buy an entire wardrobe practically. Not many people buy Pepsi 20 cases at a time! Since then, I've moved away but I know my brother spent the entire summer collecting Marlboro miles and picked up some really nice things from that promotion. I'll have to call them and see if they are collecting Pepsi points now.

postalpez
03-18-08, 01:21 PM
Did anyone try with postcards? anyluck?

ivelostr2
03-20-08, 09:40 PM
I have gotten Ivan's childhood and fires on the plain criterion, and they both came in clear cases, anyone know if that is what they came in orriginally?

darkflounder
04-04-08, 01:53 PM
I'm thinking of saving up my points, and spending them all at one time to buy entries in the drawing for the home theater system. I figure I drink enough Pepsi, and if I spend them all in one day's drawing, I've got a decent shot at having the lion's share of entries that day.

IamHydrogen1
04-04-08, 07:16 PM
Has anyone had trouble redeeming the "Buy Pepsi Get One Free" caps?

According to the terms and conditions of the promotion, you're supposed to take the cap to the original place of purchase to get a free bottle.

The times I have tried, the cashiers will tell me that the cap is not good for a free Pepsi, but rather B0G1. In other words, you have to buy 2 bottles in order to get the 3rd free.

dadaluholla
04-04-08, 09:38 PM
Why would you have to buy 2 to get 1 free? It says "BUY PEPSI 20 OZ GET 1 FREE". If you buy one 20oz bottle of Pepsi, you get another at no cost. I have had no issues with this.

IamHydrogen1
04-04-08, 09:46 PM
Right, but my point is that if I have a cap I have already paid for one and that is my proof of purchase. I shouldn't have to buy another to get a free 20oz Pepsi.

dadaluholla
04-04-08, 10:42 PM
Oh.

Well yeah, I'm sorry. It just doesn't work like that.
:lol:

IamHydrogen1
04-04-08, 11:27 PM
Actually, I think it does:

Terms of offer: BUY PEPSI 20 OZ., GET ONE FREE offer or BUY PEPSI 1 LT, GET 1 FREE offer. The offer applies solely to participating Pepsi bottle products and the free 20 oz. or free 1 liter may be redeemed only in a subsequent visit to the same store by the end of the Promotion Period. Maximum retail value up to $1.39 (consumer pays tax and deposit, if applicable). Odds of receiving this offer are 1 in 8 (in areas where available). TO REDEEM THIS OFFER, present bottle cap with the buy-one-get-one-free message at a participating retailer on your next store visit to the same store (i.e., where you bought the original 20 oz. bottle or in some areas, a 1 liter bottle of any Pepsi product) before the end of the Promotion Period, and get another 20 oz. bottle (or 1-liter bottle, as applicable) for free

dadaluholla
04-05-08, 12:23 AM
That is bizarre.

What if you don't buy it at a store? Like I get most of my caps at the vending machine at work. I would have never even considered you can just walk in and get a free Pepsi on it's own. They really could have avoided confusion by just saying FREE 20 OZ PEPSI.

:hscratch:

SterlingBen
04-24-08, 01:35 AM
Well been saving for a few months now and I still only have 24 points. Has anyone tried postcards? If not I think I might make out some envelopes later this week....

JB7
04-24-08, 07:49 AM
I have even less points, I am at 22. I haven't done the postcard thing, but have read on other message boards that it works fine. Most use the postcards from the post office.

goodwill
04-24-08, 08:01 AM
This might sound crazy, but it's working... In the week and a half since I made this post, I've collected over 100 codes from my co-workers. And I haven't had to beg or offer a cent. It's amazing what the promise of a simple thank you can do.

As I suspected, the leaderboard is really stirring up the competition, but one guy from the mail room is going nuts (over 50!) by collecting them for me from throughout the building, so I'm struggling to keep everyone else interested...

My co-worker contest idea has sort of fizzled out. I've taken in around 350 codes from co-workers, but once the top guy reached 100, everyone else sort of gave up. Plus my second biggest contributor started giving hers to her boyfriend so that he could enter the sweepstakes. Next time I do this I'm going to give out little sticker books or something where people can earn stickers for every 10 or whatever. The way I have it now, once they reach ten, and their "sincere letter of appreciation" (gave out 7!), unless they have a shot at winning, there's nothing left to keep playing for.

However, digging through the recycling bins around here still scores me 5 or 6 caps a day, plus with my own ~3 bottle a day habit, I'm still doing ok. My biggest issue is finding things to buy with them. The selection is pretty bad, IMHO, and they're not adding anything new... But I can't really complain about free...

SterlingBen
04-24-08, 02:36 PM
I haven't done the postcard thing, but have read on other message boards that it works fine. Most use the postcards from the post office.

The other people that make their own were successful also?

mgbfan
04-24-08, 06:17 PM
However, digging through the recycling bins around here still scores me 5 or 6 caps a day, plus with my own ~3 bottle a day habit, I'm still doing ok. My biggest issue is finding things to buy with them. The selection is pretty bad, IMHO, and they're not adding anything new... But I can't really complain about free...
Have you ever asked yourself why you're digging through trash and pestering co-workers for codes to a promotion that doesn't have anything you actually want?

Might be time to step back and take stock....

dadaluholla
04-24-08, 10:24 PM
I've got about 63 points so far (only maybe three of which came from a Pepsi I actually drank). I can't imagine how many points I'd have if I actually put an effort into it. Meh... I think I'm just going to get a cd from Amazon and call it quits.

goodwill
04-25-08, 08:26 AM
Have you ever asked yourself why you're digging through trash and pestering co-workers for codes to a promotion that doesn't have anything you actually want?

Might be time to step back and take stock....

LOL... I haven't pesterred anyone. I put the box out and give them the prize. The idea was to get the codes without actually having to be a pest... It worked. Sometimes I do think about how pathetic I must look digging through the recylcing bin, but it's almost become an obsession now that I don't care.

I said the selection was bad, not that I couldn't find anything I wanted... American Pie Trilogy, Weeds season 1, Friday Night Lights season 1, 4 cd's... all things that I probably wouldn't spend money on, but will gladly take for free. I wish there were more tv seasons I wanted, but instead I'll end up filling out my collection of Three's Company seasons...

JckRbbitSlim
04-26-08, 01:12 AM
Just got my first DVD from PepsiStuff. I was delighted to find out that my Amazon Prime subscription applies, and I received the DVD in two days! Gotta love digging through the neighbors' bottles to get free movies

shoosh
04-27-08, 04:30 PM
I don't drink Pepsi much so here's a code for someone who saving up: 07FCB6XZBA

Imprint
04-27-08, 04:45 PM
I used it. Thanks shoosh!

SunMonkey
05-01-08, 05:22 PM
You can get a free 5 point code here:

http://pepsistuff.pepsiusa.com/stuffcodes

One per email address while supplies last....

snorlaxnut
05-02-08, 08:41 PM

I used this yesterday. Used my mom's address, all my addresses, and the points I already have to get up to 90 points. Ordered Sanford And Son: Season 2 for my dad.

BlueCC
05-02-08, 09:01 PM

Wow! Thanks for posting this.

darkflounder
05-04-08, 01:47 PM

And this is currently down. Looks like Pepsi finally realized that they hadn't put anything in there to prevent people from entering multiple e-mail addresses.

dadaluholla
05-04-08, 03:05 PM
And this is currently down. Looks like Pepsi finally realized that they hadn't put anything in there to prevent people from entering multiple e-mail addresses.

It's working. I just used it. I don't see what they could do to keep people from abusing it. I'm racking up hundreds of points.

TheJoker
05-04-08, 05:36 PM
It says sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties for me..... :(

IamHydrogen1
05-04-08, 05:49 PM
I'm on Amazon's most wanted list after the B1G1 glitch debacle. Something tells me this is going to backfire.

DerangedHermit
05-04-08, 07:00 PM
I'm on Amazon's most wanted list after the B1G1 glitch debacle. Something tells me this is going to backfire.
Amazon already has their money...Pepsi will be the ones that are pissed off.

TheJoker
05-04-08, 07:12 PM
How do i end up doing this multiple times? Im trying to get disposable emails but none are fast enough....

g
05-04-08, 07:21 PM
They most likely have the ability to track the codes when you redeem them if they wanted to.

postalpez
05-04-08, 11:34 PM
if you need more than email use a gmail.
yourname-whatever@gmail/googlemail.com

snorlaxnut
05-05-08, 01:27 AM
It's working. I just used it. I don't see what they could do to keep people from abusing it. I'm racking up hundreds of points.

I read the rules and it says in rule 17:

Except as stated in Rule 7 above, the maximum number of valid Points per person/Account that can be entered at the Website is 3,000 total throughout the Promotion Period.

No matter how many e-mail addresses you can get, once you get 3,000 points, you can't enter any more codes for the rest of the promotion, which ends in November.

darkflounder
05-05-08, 02:59 PM
Just got a stack of free DVDs from Pepsi and Amazon. One more that has shown as shipped hasn't arrived yet.

Got another 5 orders that haven't shipped yet. I wonder if I'll receive them, or if Pepsi's gonna shut the whole thing down.

Nowhere in their rules did it say only one e-mail address submission per person. And every single one of the addresses I submitted was valid (easy to do when you have several of your own domains at your disposal).

UAIOE
05-06-08, 01:20 AM
Do you have to pay shipping on stuff you buy with points? I have enough points for 1 cd, but I'm not sure how the shipping works out.

glassdragon
05-06-08, 01:27 AM
Do you have to pay shipping on stuff you buy with points? I have enough points for 1 cd, but I'm not sure how the shipping works out.

No, i got my 1 dvd and shipping does not cost anything, unless you upgrade it, then you have to pay the extra. I hear though that you can use your amazon prime on it and get the next day shipping free

darkflounder
05-06-08, 05:19 AM
A few things I've discovered this evening...

If you are getting the technical difficulties pop-up, try using Internet Explorer.

To see the status of your Pepsi Stuff orders (which do not seem to appear in your normal Amazon order history), use https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/history/view.html?groupID=A18LWMTSOOHZ7J

Kicker_of_Elves
05-06-08, 10:55 AM
I've got about 16 codes saved up so far. I was wondering if Blurays count as the free dvd. Anyone know?

glassdragon
05-06-08, 12:29 PM
you can only get what's listed, if you click the link there's a buy with pepsi points link, if there isn't one then you can't get it

UAIOE
05-06-08, 03:54 PM
No, i got my 1 dvd and shipping does not cost anything, unless you upgrade it, then you have to pay the extra. I hear though that you can use your amazon prime on it and get the next day shipping free

I don't have Prime, but I'm glad to know I won't have to put a couple bucks on the CC just to get my CD.

It's not that I'm cheap, it just seems silly to have to make a CC payment check for $3.

Seanathan297
05-06-08, 05:15 PM
Game over for anyone who is using email addresses that they don't have access to. Pepsi is now emailing the codes to the address you enter.

smashthesymbols
05-06-08, 06:26 PM
Game over for anyone who is using email addresses that they don't have access to. Pepsi is now emailing the codes to the address you enter.
It's about time. I was starting to think whoever was running things over there was completely incompetent. The way it was you not only didn't need access to the email, it didn't even have to be a real email. You could literally type anything as long as you put an @ and a . in it somewhere the form would accept it and give you a code.

darkflounder
05-06-08, 10:03 PM
Well, it looks like it's officially over. The link is gone from the main Pepsi Stuff page, and going directly to the page now gets a 403 Forbidden error.

And to see what true abuse is..
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=810032

TheJoker
05-06-08, 10:58 PM
I made out with a bunch of dvds and some electronics....

Picked up a couple of criterions and a bunch of TV shows...

crapkilla
05-07-08, 08:35 AM
I can't believe all of you that lack any morals and clearly took advantage of Pepsi's good will.

And I missed out on all of it, sonofabitch! :mad2:

acdcrocks1980
05-07-08, 06:28 PM
I can't believe all of you that lack any morals and clearly took advantage of Pepsi's good will.

And I missed out on all of it, sonofabitch! :mad2:
haha rofl

SterlingBen
05-24-08, 04:37 PM
Finally got some points in the mail (handmade postcards work)
now with that and the 20ish I got from the last deal I am up to 59

You will be mine Battlestar Galactica 1980

ivelostr2
05-24-08, 04:42 PM
I have gotten 8 or so dvds so far, there are still a few I plan to get, but i have been so unmotivated...this week, 2 clients and a guy i work with gave me the ones they had been saving for me. I have like 250 caps I need to enter...

So far everything I have ordered has come w/i a week and in great shape.

Does anyone know if the Voltron sets are in the tins?

Nick

IamHydrogen1
05-24-08, 05:45 PM
Has the selection of DVDs been drastically reduced? I'm not seeing the same selection on the Pepsistuff/Amazon page.

SunMonkey
05-24-08, 05:50 PM
You can get 5 points for signing up for the Pepsi Racing League contest:

http://www.pepsifantasyracing.com

Once you sign up, activate the account through the email they send, and then check your profile for a code listed on the right.

Only one entry per email address/person unless you want to be disqualified from the contest (oh noes).

msbailey
05-24-08, 06:25 PM
What happened to all of the DVDs available with Pepsi Points at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=ps_hm_all_dvd?node=390976011) ? There are now only 28 choices (and two of those are Georgia Rule).

HappyRabbit
05-24-08, 06:36 PM
According to a guy who called the Pepsi Stuff Hotline, They are supposedly adding new DVDs on either monday or tuesday

dadaluholla
05-24-08, 06:43 PM
I really hope they update it with some new stuff. I've still got 867 points to waste.

The_Enigma
05-27-08, 05:43 PM
checked with the amazon.com customer service and the person told me they gave no reason why they pulled all the dvd's and no word on whether they were gonna place new ones up or not.

HappyRabbit
05-28-08, 01:11 AM
I'm going to call the Pepsi Stuff hotline again tomorrow and ask them about it again. I called once and another guy called as well, both last week and we were both told they would have them back on there this week. I was told about midweek so I'm going to give it until around 3 tomorrow.

another person got an email response saying they weren't adding anymore. So who knows.

I hope the person that responded in the email was just clueless.

The_Enigma
05-28-08, 07:00 PM
Okay a friend of mine called them today and they told him that in the next few days theres going to be new selections.

HappyRabbit
05-29-08, 06:47 PM
I spoke with them again, and also received an email. The email said DVDs are limited and they will add more blah blah. The phone call said they would be adding more. I noticed yesterday they added to the electronics section, mainly with stuff that had been removed before or had previously been OOS. But at least theres hope!

goodwill
05-29-08, 10:01 PM
This is the email I received. It's like no one knows what's going on... I really hope they add new titles.

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Pepsi Stuff Promotion.

We are aware that the option to search DVDs by genre is currently missing from the website. We have forwarded this to our research team and are currently awaiting a response. At this time we suggest you check the website periodically for this to once again be posted.

We apologize for any inconvenience, if you have any further questions or concerns please contact us back. Thank you for choosing Pepsi and have a great day!!

Sincerely,
Kylee J
Customer Care

SterlingBen
05-30-08, 12:36 AM
Battlestar... noooooooooo. I've been saving for months... damn you Pepsi, damn you!

Spez
05-30-08, 03:13 PM
You can get two free Pepsi points by going to PepsiRecycling.com and taking a quick quiz about Recycling. It takes about 2 minutes and they email the codes to you.

Robert
05-30-08, 07:42 PM
Thanks! Took the quiz got all 5 questions right and got two separate emails with a total of 3 codes worth 2 points each.

goodwill
05-31-08, 10:49 AM
Me too! Thanks a lot!

Spez
06-02-08, 11:46 AM
Thanks! Took the quiz got all 5 questions right and got two separate emails with a total of 3 codes worth 2 points each.

Damn. I got one wrong and only got the one email. Oh well.

Robert
06-14-08, 08:50 PM
Looks like the pepsi recycling site has taken all the abuse it can handle; the site is no longer giving out points.

Robert
06-14-08, 10:35 PM
It says in a pop-up that they are temporarily out of codes, it doesn't mention anything about it being due to abuse. Pepsi Fantasy Racing changed their rules making it harder to get points, and VMTV in in the process of changing theirs, both due to abuse. Hopefully the Pepsirecycling and VMTV promotions will be working again soon.

Its obviously abuse because all it takes is a few seconds to register a new email address to take the quiz multiple times and rack up the points.

How could they possibly run out of points? The combinations of numbers and letters in a 10 character code have to be in the billions.

goodwill
06-15-08, 12:35 PM
Here's just a little update as far as what's up with just offering the featured DVD's...

I emailed them a few days ago simply asking if they were ever going to be offering anymore. This is the response I got...

I'm so sorry, you've clearly been disappointed by the current selection of DVD's. The initial supply allocated for the program has exhausted. Please know that your feedback is helpful and I plan to share your comments with the appropriate people at the headquarters office.

So that didn't really tell me what I wanted to know. I'm in a situation where I have a bunch of codes and I don't want to use them on stuff that I really don't want if they are going to offer more items (a "secondary supply", perhaps?), but I also don't want the stuff that they are still offering to be "exhausted" while I'm waiting, wondering if they're going to add anything else. So I emailed them and told them so. This is the response I recieved to that email:

We will periodically offer Limited Edition Hard Goods; these are Hard Goods that will be available in limited numbers and are available while supplies last. Unfortunately we are unable to provide dates the items will be available and do recommend that you check the website regularly for updates.

I'm not quite sure what a Limited Edition Hard Good is, but I've been checking everyday and haven't seen anything yet... That was 4 days ago.

Just thought I'd let people know to keep an eye on the site, since it sounds like they may be adding some stuff with limited quantities.

Spez
06-17-08, 10:50 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I went to a Taco Bell / KFC last night and they've got Pepsi Stuff codes on their cups now.

SterlingBen
07-23-08, 12:33 PM
Any updates? This whole thing is very disappointing. Pepsi points used to be a quality program.

clappj
07-23-08, 01:51 PM
Any updates? This whole thing is very disappointing. Pepsi points used to be a quality program.

Yeah, it was great before the program got seriously taken advantage of during the free points giveaway a while back.

I'm disappointed, but frankly not terribly surprised, by all the good DVDs getting pulled from the rewards list.

JckRbbitSlim
08-01-08, 12:40 AM
Thanks LotusEater79 for the info., hopefully that is indeed the case. My PepsiStuff points are burning a hole in my virtual pocket!

SamDeek
08-02-08, 05:53 PM
I second that...thanks LotusEater79 for the tip!

http://www.netbrilliance.net/steve.jpg
http://www.netbrilliance.net/PowerSeller/PowerSeller.jpg

Robert
08-03-08, 02:59 PM
Saw 20oz bottles of Diet Pepsi and Pepsi with lemon that have codes worth 2 points.

dadaluholla
08-11-08, 09:31 AM
There will be a new promotion starting on August 11th with Pepsi introducing a new flavor.

So has anyone found anything new today? It looks like the same old stuff on Pepsistuff.com

clappj
08-11-08, 12:47 PM
So has anyone found anything new today? It looks like the same old stuff on Pepsistuff.com

Nope.
Looks like new graphics, but the same old crap. :(

demonio
08-11-08, 01:47 PM
This is ridiculous....Why are only the DVD's limited while there are tons of cds available. This promotion isn't supposed to end until November but it looks like Pepsi has already ended it for us DVD lovers!

Shame on you Pepsi!

SterlingBen
08-11-08, 02:58 PM
This is ridiculous....Why are only the DVD's limited while there are tons of cds available. This promotion isn't supposed to end until November but it looks like Pepsi has already ended it for us DVD lovers!

Shame on you Pepsi!
Yeah this is pretty shitty

g
08-11-08, 09:50 PM
I think its pretty obvious that some people abused the free points so much from all the places like slick deals and Pepsi allocated a specific number of DVD's for this program. I personally think some of those people from places like slick deals ruin it for everyone.

TexasDVDer
08-12-08, 11:34 AM
Does anyone have an e-mail address that we can complain to about the lack of DVD titles? I would almost buy Coke products just to spite Pepsi!

Minor Threat
08-12-08, 04:20 PM
Does anyone have an e-mail address that we can complain to about the lack of DVD titles? I would almost buy Coke products just to spite Pepsi!

admin@slickdeals.net

admin@fatwallet.net

etc.....

JB7
08-12-08, 08:14 PM

I did that and was told to keep checking because they are always adding new things. Also that she would pass my displeasure along to the proper people. That was back in late may/early june I think.

Robert
08-18-08, 05:29 PM
What are my chances of winning the $500 daily cash giveaway if I enter 200 points for a single days drawing?

HappyRabbit
08-18-08, 11:55 PM
I'm not sure about the $500 Cash but I've seen quite a few people win the zunes and flip cameras.

Darth Maher
10-10-08, 03:18 PM
Gosh, I wish I had read this thread sooner. As of today, I have 65 points. I guess I could just blow them now on a CD and one MP3 download. I didn't even realize that the DVD selection sucked.

Maybe I should have chosen Coke. :D

achau9598
10-10-08, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure about the $500 Cash but I've seen quite a few people win the zunes and flip cameras.

I should have taken 2 CDs ... I put 120 points into the Zune drawing .. nada :(

dadaluholla
11-27-08, 03:09 PM
You know, I actually won a Zune a few weeks back. I don't think I entered more than 25 points in the drawing for it.

KurtK26
12-19-08, 09:06 PM
Thank you LotusEater! I'm on my way to a CD! Happy Holidays!

JuryDuty
12-19-08, 09:25 PM
You're welcome.

Here are four more codes...

Thank you, LotusEater79! I appreciate it. Got me a tune I've been wanting for a while.

TGM
12-20-08, 12:03 PM
gotta love when some douchebag uses the codes without even a thank you post.

hope you get eye cancer, you fucking shitheel.

JuryDuty
12-20-08, 12:12 PM
gotta love when some douchebag uses the codes without even a thank you post.

hope you get eye cancer, you fucking shitheel.

LOL that's a little strong, but I was about to post that someone used them, too.

KurtK26
12-20-08, 05:32 PM
Um, that was me. I got the notification of the new post, used it and had to get to work. Sorry about that; I am grateful. Here's a code from the bottle I'm drinking: 43CLFTNKWN

clappj
12-20-08, 05:39 PM
Um, that was me. I got the notification of the new post, used it and had to get to work. Sorry about that; I am grateful. Here's a code from the bottle I'm drinking: 43CLFTNKWN

Redeemed.
Thanks! :)

Abob Teff
12-22-08, 01:47 AM
I haven't looked in a while -- is there anything left worth getting? I've got a couple of hundred points wasting away ... probably going to let the kids download music after they get their X-mas presents.

Krayzie
12-22-08, 09:00 AM
I ended up with 123 points... Ordered 2 of those pepsi bags at 50 pts each and gave them away as crappy gifts lol
Will probably use the remaining 23 on mp3s

mgbfan
12-22-08, 12:59 PM
I got a Kingston thumb drive, which I needed since my previous thumb drive seems to have gotten up and walked off on me. 2GB for 75 points--I was pleased.

innocentfreak
12-22-08, 11:15 PM
I have 61 points to use and can't find a CD I want. Is there any way to see all the Pepsi stuff CD's?

KurtK26
12-22-08, 11:57 PM
I have 61 points to use and can't find a CD I want. Is there any way to see all the Pepsi stuff CD's?

Go to pepsistuff.com, and click on CDs in the top left corner, then click on browse more CDs. Then you can see them all.

packaok
12-23-08, 10:42 PM
I got a 1 GB jump drive for 50 points. I had 54 points and I realized that there was no way that I would get to 75 points before the end of the year.

All of my music just seems to fall off of the internet by itself, so I had no need for any CDs or mp3's... :)

JuryDuty
12-23-08, 11:41 PM
I realized that there was no way that I would get to 75 points before the end of the year.

I'm SO glad you said that. I had no idea this ended at the end of the year. I'll spend the remainder of my points immediately. Thank you!

From the rules:The Pepsi Stuff promotion (the “Promotion”) period begins February 1, 2008 at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends December 31, 2008 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”).

Colleen
12-29-08, 02:51 PM
I worked my way up to 360 points and ordered 4 DVDs. I have 20 more points that I haven't entered if someone is just shy of something they're after. I'd rather email them to a user than post them here for just anyone.

JuryDuty
12-29-08, 03:09 PM
I worked my way up to 360 points and ordered 4 DVDs. I have 20 more points that I haven't entered if someone is just shy of something they're after. I'd rather email them to a user than post them here for just anyone.

I'm just 2 points shy of my last song if you can spare a couple points. You can PM them to me if you want. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Thanks, Colleen.

JB7
12-29-08, 08:32 PM

I sent you a PM & email. Thanks if you can help me out.

whiskeyleach
12-29-08, 11:10 PM
Does anyone else have anymore Pepsi codes?

Colleen
12-30-08, 10:08 AM
I've doled out the points I had to help a few users round up their totals. Sorry I couldn't give them to everyone.

clappj
12-30-08, 10:17 AM
I've doled out the points I had to help a few users round up their totals. Sorry I couldn't give them to everyone.

Thanks Colleen!
Just a few points shy of a DVD, so if anyone's sipping on a Pepsi today, and wants to send a code my way then... :)

On second thought, just send all codes to the "leacher" who just registered at DVDTalk to beg for Pepsi Points. ;)

Al_Tahoe
12-30-08, 05:55 PM
Thanks Colleen!
Just a few points shy of a DVD, so if anyone's sipping on a Pepsi today, and wants to send a code my way then... :)Clappj, how many do you need? Shoot me a PM. :)

JB7
12-30-08, 07:19 PM

Thanks Colleen. I was able to get the headphones, the data storage wasn't available with points anymore.

Al_Tahoe
12-30-08, 09:27 PM
Anybody else need just 2 or 3 points to reach a reward level?

grenier
12-31-08, 11:43 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I'm all set.

Trevor
12-31-08, 01:45 PM
I need one more point, could anyone help? Thanks

I have one code for Grenier and one other code if anyone needs it.

Al_Tahoe
12-31-08, 02:33 PM
I also still have a few more points available.

Manda of AIM
12-31-08, 03:05 PM
Here are some codes I will not be using...
First come, first serve. :D

Two point codes
BZEREBXILT
6W796C4YRJ
Y3VJ4AETJO
VT94WPZ9NR

One point codes
HXCBN9MIPF
NJPW3OWRHV
BMSSPNHXOS

Please post if you use a code. :)

clappj
12-31-08, 03:12 PM
Here are some codes I will not be using...
First come, first serve. :D

Please post if you use a code. :)

Thanks!
Gonna grab a couple of MP3s.

Trevor
12-31-08, 03:44 PM
About to leave the house until next year, so here are two codes up for grabs. Please post if you use them. Both are dirty and hard to read, H may be an M, 6 a 5, etc etc, but I think I got them right.

RBCRO BWHFJ
Z97KS 4BYLS

cookie5409
12-31-08, 05:07 PM
Need 9 more points to get the photo key chain. If anyone could help would really appreciate it.
Need only 7 points now.

Thanks to the kindness of Al_Tahoe I reached my goal. Thank you & have a Happy New Year.

Al_Tahoe
12-31-08, 05:31 PM
^^^ Cookie, I sent you a PM.

Tarawa
12-31-08, 05:37 PM
Long-time lurker. Thanks for all the info on DDD and DVD Planet sales to the group here.

I need one Pepsi code to reach an award level.

Please PM.

Thanks.

Happy 2009.

UPDATE:

Received one from Al_Tahoe. Thanks!

Al_Tahoe
12-31-08, 05:49 PM
Tarawa, I sent you a PM.

Who would have thought the Pepsi Stuff promotion would turn out to be such a great recruiting tool for DVD Talk? :D2:

LaxBandit
12-31-08, 06:04 PM
Here are two codes worth two points each:

F - C - I - J - X
9 - M - I - I - A

I - P - H - 6 - Z
F - 3 - W - Z - F

LB...

MrAnonymous
12-31-08, 07:25 PM
I only need one point, so if somebody would be willing to PM me a code, it would be greatly appreciated.

KurtK26
12-31-08, 07:53 PM
RIP- as of 6:50 p.m. central, I see the promotion is over.

wdld0628
12-31-08, 09:05 PM
RIP- as of 6:50 p.m. central, I see the promotion is over.

If you were logged in prior to cut-off, you are still able to enter codes. I would really appreciate it if anyone has any more codes they can share. I just need 5 more points.

Thanks in advance!

dollfins1
12-31-08, 11:02 PM
i need 1 code to use all my points remaining for an mp3 if someone would not mind pming me.

Al_Tahoe
01-01-09, 12:43 AM
Anybody who still needs codes - send me a quick PM.

UAIOE
01-02-09, 04:55 AM
I'm not really comfortable paying for MP3's, so this was a good promotion for me.

I also got a CD and a Pepsi shirt out of it.

smashthesymbols
01-02-09, 10:45 PM
Sad to see the promotion come to an end.

I wonder if they will learn their lesson and not have code giveaways that can be easily exploited, leading to reduction of prizes. I'm guessing not, because even after the 5-point giveaway in May, they had the PepsiRecycling 6-point per quiz promo, the PepsiFantasyRacing 5-point per registration promo, the Grandparents.com 6-point per registration promo, and the VMTV virtual bottles with codes promo. I can't remember Coke having any code giveaways ripe for exploitation, coupons for free bottles yes, but not for codes.
I would hope they learned. That May giveaway was a joke. You could literally just mash the keyboard, as long as you put an @ and a . someplace it would accept it as an email and show you a code. I can't blame people for exploiting that one when Pepsi didn't even have enough sense to check for a valid email and send the code that way.

The giveaways after that weren't so bad. Sure, you could do them multiple times, but it took some serious patience. I doubt many people would take the time to sign up for Pepsi Fantasy Racing thousands of times.

jesloa
01-03-09, 01:07 AM
just come in the forum guys.. is the code still available?

Krayzie
01-06-09, 11:35 AM
I would hope they learned. That May giveaway was a joke. You could literally just mash the keyboard, as long as you put an @ and a . someplace it would accept it as an email and show you a code. I can't blame people for exploiting that one when Pepsi didn't even have enough sense to check for a valid email and send the code that way.

The giveaways after that weren't so bad. Sure, you could do them multiple times, but it took some serious patience. I doubt many people would take the time to sign up for Pepsi Fantasy Racing thousands of times.

damn it i missed out on all these exploits! I earned 123 points total before the promo ended. Ended up getting 2 of those pepsi totes and some crappy mp3s.

hydroflame
01-20-09, 12:00 AM
ah, i just signed up to this forum today and i missed it =/