Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Contact information of ABC Corporate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-08, 09:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Contact information of ABC Corporate?

I'm extremely pissed at our affiliate ABC Puerto Rico, who tonight, for some fucking reason, went dark during the last 15 minutes of the Lost Recap and the first 7 minutes of Lost Season 4. My friends and I believe that they were trying to insert ads for local products during this time, since the screen showed several Windows 2000 Professional restarts (and really what the fuck is up with that? Windows fucking 2000 to run 5 network affiliates?!?!). All these affiliates are runned by the incompetent Caribbean Broadcasting Network.

The thing is that here in Puerto Rico ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and CW are part of the cable/dish packages. We have to pay to get those channels as well as to get everything else except 5-6 local channels. Also, this is not the first time something like this happen. Almost every damn program runned by these channels is cut by the ads placed before/after or during the shows.

Me and a lot of my friends want to send/do separate email/phone calls to the corporate ABC to voice our displeasure with this situation. Anyone has the contact email or phone number? We believe that even if it is a longshot, corporate will let the affiliates know that there are many angry customers/viewers on the island.

And by the way, is there anything in the FCC rules that could help us in venting our anger toward this practice?
Old 01-31-08, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Can't you just watch the missed footage on abc.com? I mean, I understand your frustration, but maybe it was some technical glitch that occurred. That does happen from time to time.
Old 01-31-08, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
While you're talking to them, see if they can fix that ABC logo that's always stuck in the corner of the screen. I'm sure they don't really mean for it to be there.

Oh, and the FCC doesn't care as long as there weren't any bare asses.
Old 02-01-08, 04:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deftones
Can't you just watch the missed footage on abc.com? I mean, I understand your frustration, but maybe it was some technical glitch that occurred. That does happen from time to time.
That's another thing we want to include in our email. For some reason, residents of Puerto Rico can't watch any network episodes online. When you try to watch a show like Lost on abc.com, a screen appears saying that only people in the US can watch the show online. There is no rhyme or reasoning for not letting us watch the episodes online.
Old 02-01-08, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, I feel your pain. I have comcast in Philadelphia... corporate headquarters of Comcast - they just built, like, a NINETY story corporate headquarters on 17th and Arch - and our cable service sucks. On-Demand is terrible, and there are so many glitches and sound drop-outs that it becomes unwatchable. Their HD feed has a mind of its own and I swear to christ their own DVRs don't interact well with their network.

Running affiliates off of Windows is ridiculous, but not as much a shock as I would have previously thought. I get the feeling that the cable signal in the Manayunk area of Philly is piggy-backed off of a neo-geo console sometimes, the way our shit just goes out.

-Doc
Old 02-01-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dx23
That's another thing we want to include in our email. For some reason, residents of Puerto Rico can't watch any network episodes online. When you try to watch a show like Lost on abc.com, a screen appears saying that only people in the US can watch the show online. There is no rhyme or reasoning for not letting us watch the episodes online.
Maybe someone at ABC needs to go back to geography class. You're in PR, so why is it telling you you're not in the US?
Old 02-01-08, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shaun3000
Maybe someone at ABC needs to go back to geography class. You're in PR, so why is it telling you you're not in the US?
Actually all the networks seem to need that class. At the beginning of last year, my best friends brother was part of the cast of the short lived series 3lb, starring Stanley Tucci. I missed the first episode, so I went to CBS.com to watch it and they had the same message of availability to only US residents. Things like these irk the hell out of me.
Old 02-01-08, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe you should complain to the President of Puerto Rico and tell him to have Puerto Rico join the US.
Old 02-01-08, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Computers aren't always smart; the geo-targeting set-up may be basing it on something that you're sharing with non-US nations that are neighbors to PR.
Old 02-01-08, 09:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Peep
Maybe you should complain to the President of Puerto Rico and tell him to have Puerto Rico join the US.
I hope you are kidding about the president part. We aren't an official state, but Puerto Rico has a governor, not President and we fall under the same laws as the US. I still don't know why we haven't become a state since the majority of the people in the island wants to become one.
Old 02-01-08, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Actually, as an aside, I heard the opposite. Don't you guys give up the right to vote in presidential elections, but as a trade-off you guys don't have income taxes.?
Old 02-01-08, 09:27 PM
Banned

Actually, as an aside, I heard the opposite. Don't you guys give up the right to vote in presidential elections, but as a trade-off you guys don't have income taxes.?
Nope, that is not entirely correct. We don't vote for presidential elections unless we have a residence in the states. We do have income taxes, due mid april and since 2006 we have sales tax (7%). So basically we are screwed.
Old 02-01-08, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Maybe I was thinking of the sales tax thing where there was none. That sucks that you guys now have that. So now you have all the benefits of living in the US except voting. Move over stateside then!

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Old 02-01-08, 09:44 PM
Banned

Maybe I was thinking of the sales tax thing where there was none. That sucks that you guys now have that. So now you have all the benefits of living in the US except voting. Move over stateside then!

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Actually, my wife and I have been thinking of moving there in the next couple of years.

So back to original question. Anyone knows any contact info for ABC?
Old 02-02-08, 08:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Here you go...

http://abc.go.com/site/localstations.html

Puerto
Rico

San Juan WPRU
638 Aldebaran
BDE Building Suite HQ-12B
2nd Floor
San Juan, PR 00920
(800) 275-6437