Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Vision Cam bundle clearanced at Toys R Us for $39.99/wireless headset for $29.99

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Vision Cam bundle clearanced at Toys R Us for $39.99/wireless headset for $29.99

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

This was posted originally on CAG. Surprised nobody has posted it yet. This is only available at your local B&M. It was available online last week but it was only for a day. They sold out online and now have moved the price to their stores.

The bundle includes:
12 Month Gold Subscription
Xbox Live Vision Camera
Xbox 360 Headset
Xbox Live Arcade Games Uno & Robotron: 2084
200 Microsoft Points

It's my understanding that you also can download a free game Totemball if you have the camera.

I can confirm it is $39.99 since I bought one for myself the other day. Hell, the Live subscription is worth the purchase alone.

There are also reports of wireless headsets clearanced for $29.99 but I cannot confirm that since I already have one and did not check the price when I was there.
Old 01-30-08, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Interesting on the headset. I just got one for christmas, but I know some friends would pick it up at that price if anyone can confirm.
Old 01-30-08, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
confirmed looks to be nationwide
Old 01-30-08, 03:14 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'll be stopping at TRU today before I hit work. Thanks!
Old 01-30-08, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Picked it up on Monday for my best friend. There was one other one and I thought about buying it as well, but I already own one and couldn't think of a reason to get a second one even if I do save $10 on a year of Live (since I'm paid thru 2009).

Thought about a wireless headset, but have heard some negative comments about them. If anyone picks one up and likes it, please post opinions here.
And yes, Covrin, they're slapped with big $29.99 price tags over the packaging of the headsets, and they have LOTS of them.
Old 01-30-08, 05:10 PM
Banned

I called the closest store (about 30 min.) and the guy said they said a Live Vision pack for 39.99, but he told me the back said 1 month Gold, headset, and a game. Is there more than one bundle that includes the headset or other stuff?
Old 01-30-08, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
The new headsets are actually a lot better than the original wireless headsets, which had a bunch of problems. I have no idea how you tell the difference from the packaging, though... the newer ones should have a usb power cable instead of a plug (and the Halo ones are all new ones).
Old 01-30-08, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
Thought about a wireless headset, but have heard some negative comments about them. If anyone picks one up and likes it, please post opinions here.
I can't speak for the regular versions but I have the Halo edition of the wireless headset and it works great. Very pleased with it and don't regret spending $60 on it at all. I do wish the rechargeable battery lasted a bit longer (it usually runs for about to long nightly sessions before needing recharging) but other than that I have been very pleased.
Old 01-30-08, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
The new headsets are actually a lot better than the original wireless headsets, which had a bunch of problems. I have no idea how you tell the difference from the packaging, though... the newer ones should have a usb power cable instead of a plug (and the Halo ones are all new ones).
Someone on another forum told me the older ones work fine after the last big Live update. I still haven't gotten around to picking one up though. Maybe I'll try to get in on this deal.
Old 01-30-08, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Originally Posted by FusionX
I called the closest store (about 30 min.) and the guy said they said a Live Vision pack for 39.99, but he told me the back said 1 month Gold, headset, and a game. Is there more than one bundle that includes the headset or other stuff?
STOP!!!! That's just the camera that RETAILS for $40. The LIVE VISION BUNDLE is in a big cardboard box and comes with a year of Live. That's were the value is. By itself, the camera is pretty worthless.
Old 01-30-08, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live-...1745773&sr=8-8

This is what you are looking for. It retails for $79.99 but TRU has it clearanced out at 39.98.
Old 01-30-08, 08:31 PM
Banned by request

Got the last vision pack at my local TRU. They had a headset, but it had the power jack instead of the USB port so I decided not to chance it. I already have the Motorola NFL-licensed headset and even though it's wired, the build on it is fantastic.
Old 01-30-08, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Got the last vision pack at my local TRU. They had a headset, but it had the power jack instead of the USB port so I decided not to chance it. I already have the Motorola NFL-licensed headset and even though it's wired, the build on it is fantastic.
Just wondering, how were you able to tell that the wireless headset had a power jack instead of USB?
Old 01-31-08, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, I may have to stop by TRU tomorrow just to get the Vision Cam bundle, even though I will absolutely never use the friggin' camera. Getting an additional year of Xbox Live, an extra headset, 200 points, and a couple of XBLA games is worth $40 in my book, any day.

Thanks for the heads up, OP!
Old 01-31-08, 04:53 AM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by eatntae
Just wondering, how were you able to tell that the wireless headset had a power jack instead of USB?
If you look at the back end of the headset, it either has a hole with a pin (power jack) or mini USB port.
Old 01-31-08, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The wireless headset I got for Christmas is the one you charge with a USB cable, the part that connects to the headset is not a mini USB, its a pin.

I was wondering because before I opened up my headset, I was reluctant because I wanted the USB one, but the package didn't indicate one way or another. I finally opened it up and it did turn out to be the USB charged one. Now my cousin wants to get the wireless headset, but I was wondering if there was something small on the packaging that I overlooked.

Oh yeah, and I went to my local TRU yesterday. No Live Vision bundles, but there were like 6 headsets.
Old 01-31-08, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Was this the one on Jefferson/Sepulveda? I guess I won't bother to stop by today then.
Old 01-31-08, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Checked both in San Antonio yesterday and only found the standalone camera.
Old 01-31-08, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
The wireless headset I got for Christmas is the one you charge with a USB cable, the part that connects to the headset is not a mini USB, its a pin.

I was wondering because before I opened up my headset, I was reluctant because I wanted the USB one, but the package didn't indicate one way or another. I finally opened it up and it did turn out to be the USB charged one. Now my cousin wants to get the wireless headset, but I was wondering if there was something small on the packaging that I overlooked.

Oh yeah, and I went to my local TRU yesterday. No Live Vision bundles, but there were like 6 headsets.
Confirmed. I have the USB one and it is indeed a pin and not mini-USB on one end. I doubt you will be able to tell in store.
Old 01-31-08, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stopped at the Southgate, MI store after work today and they have nothing. The guy working in the video game department said that they haven't had any of either item since before Christmas.
Old 01-31-08, 03:58 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Was this the one on Jefferson/Sepulveda? I guess I won't bother to stop by today then.
Yeah, that's the one. They still have the headset.

Ah, okay. My bad. So is there any way to tell while it's still in the packaging?
Old 01-31-08, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Struck out in Burnsville today. I might try another location this weekend, but the TRUs around here are pretty much ghost towns in the video games department, so I'm not holding my breath.

Appreciated the heads up though!
Old 01-31-08, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Well, I tried the La Cienega, Culver City and Cerritos... no luck.
Old 01-31-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
I was going to use my Super Mario Galaxy gift card on a year Live card, but my Toys R Us was out. They did have a ton of the bundle, but it was $30 more.

I ended up ordering the year card online. Two days later this happened. Argh!
Old 01-31-08, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, that's the one. They still have the headset.

Ah, okay. My bad. So is there any way to tell while it's still in the packaging?
Serial number on the wall plug version ends - 04 (I have this one)(B4E-00004)
Serial number for USB version ends - 25

(can someone confirm the USB version?)

Last edited by hail2dking; 01-31-08 at 07:30 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.