Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Where can I get a WII

Old 01-26-08, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I get a WII

We are thinking about picking up a WII. I haven't looked much, but when I have thought about it(at Target), they've never had one. Where can I find one?
Old 01-26-08, 09:00 AM

I can tell you I had a hell of a time finding one. I was making calls and stopping in everywhere almost every day. I finally got mine at Best Buy, I had to call them, and they told me that on Sunday mornings before they open they give vouchers to the first however many WIIs they have. They gave them out around 10 or so. I would call you local BB and ask them. Good Luck
Old 01-26-08, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks. There are several BB's in the area.
Old 01-26-08, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Gamestop is a good bet. They get them randomly during the week. Call around 11 as they seem to have gotten any shipments by then. Call daily.
Old 01-26-08, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Probably a store that has them in stock.
Old 01-26-08, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts
http://www.outtastock.com/wii/
refresh every 5 mins for a couple of days (it's how I got mine)
Old 01-26-08, 12:20 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Anyone know how good the Nintendo World store in NYC is at getting stocks of Wii?

I'm going to be doing the whole gamestop calling thing soon (of all people, my 60-yr old mother wants one for her birthday), but I was curious if the most obvious place even gets them
Old 01-26-08, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Wii is listed for sale in next Sunday's Circuit City ad (Feb. 3). You will have to get there early so you can be in front of the line.

source: CheapAssGamer.com
Old 01-26-08, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SterlingBen
http://www.outtastock.com/wii/
refresh every 5 mins for a couple of days (it's how I got mine)
Or www.wiitracker.com.
Old 01-26-08, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish Nintendo could actually make enough that places could keep stock. I hate all this calling crap. We'll see if I actually get around to doing it.
Old 01-26-08, 09:53 PM

In my neighborhood they have them in stock at Walmart, EB Games, Best Buy, and Circuit City. Call around at a few of those places and see if they have them in stock.
Old 01-26-08, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A co-worker was able to get one at Costco, but he had to buy a bundle. He got a Wii, Extra Wii-mote with Wii Play, Extra Nunchuck, Big Brain Academy, Mario Galaxy and Mario Party 8 for around $466 including tax here in PA.
Old 01-27-08, 12:17 AM

I got mine at CC last Sunday morning. I arrived at 7:30 and was second in line. They let us in the store at 9:30 and said they had 20 in stock. Their customer service was great and they had all the accessories and games waiting in the customer service department so we didn't need to look around. They had it very well organized and they were very nice. If you don't mind waiting for a couple hours, that's what I'd do.
Old 01-27-08, 08:36 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

best I can say is good luck. I've been trying for over a month once I reached enough store credit at gamestop after the holidays. It's just gotten to the point of frustration trying to find one of these damn things. I've stocked up on games in anticipation but no console yet!
Old 01-27-08, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Originally Posted by dvd-fanman
A co-worker was able to get one at Costco, but he had to buy a bundle. He got a Wii, Extra Wii-mote with Wii Play, Extra Nunchuck, Big Brain Academy, Mario Galaxy and Mario Party 8 for around $466 including tax here in PA.
I've been saying this all along. Pennsylvania must either get a crapload more shipments, or it's not as popular here, because I've seen them around since launch. Not every time I go into a store, but plenty of times I've seen them sitting on shelves in the afternoon & evening.
Old 01-27-08, 12:23 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts
I'm ashamed of you all. Over 24 hours and not one World War 2 crack.
Old 01-27-08, 12:44 PM

I've had one for a while but My local BB got a whole pallet of them in. I think there was 55 or so. They went in about a half hour.
Old 01-27-08, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, was just in Costco today and they have a ton of the bundles in stock...
Old 01-27-08, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
best I can say is good luck. I've been trying for over a month once I reached enough store credit at gamestop after the holidays. It's just gotten to the point of frustration trying to find one of these damn things. I've stocked up on games in anticipation but no console yet!
i was at my local gamestop today and they had plenty in stock, but I already have one that is collecting dust. I'm waiting for Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart
Old 01-27-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
I don't really understand searching until you're that frustrated. Since we're fully aware of when stores are going to have the Wii in stock on Sundays because of Speedy, it isn't that hard to wake up early and wait for a couple hours for one.

I understand having credit at Gamestop, but I'd figure with that much credit it's pretty easy to just spend that on games/accessories if you're really looking for a system.
Old 01-27-08, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I don't really understand searching until you're that frustrated. Since we're fully aware of when stores are going to have the Wii in stock on Sundays because of Speedy, it isn't that hard to wake up early and wait for a couple hours for one.

I understand having credit at Gamestop, but I'd figure with that much credit it's pretty easy to just spend that on games/accessories if you're really looking for a system.
It's really about my money allocation. I have traded for the games I have picked up and my ultimate goal is to only spend store credit on the system. Frankly I just don't have the $250 to drop right now. That's where the store credit comes in. It'll happen eventually and I can wait until then but it's just annoying.
Old 01-27-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Check GS/EB on a Wednesday - that's when I've seen them in as recently as last week when I was there buying a PSP.
Old 01-27-08, 10:25 PM

Yeah, the thing with GS (I have like 12 of them within 30 minutes of me) is that they all did this raincheck program before christmas. Apparently any that come in go to people they sold to before the holidays. Every GS around here said they're booked solid until sometime in Feb....