DVD Talk
One & Only HD/BD Bargains Thread Part II: Shock Treatment [Archive] - Page 4 - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : One & Only HD/BD Bargains Thread Part II: Shock Treatment

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

flix1
07-07-08, 09:18 AM
batman begins is back down to 17.95 at amazon.
Got it for $13 and change from the Warner Home Video store.

JackBurton
07-07-08, 09:26 AM
batman begins is back down to 17.95 at amazon.
Got it for $13 and change from the Warner Home Video store.
You got that price as a pre-order quite some time ago though, right? I think WHV has since raised their prices so that its more like $15 and change after discount. Still kicking myself for not jumping on that and a handful of Kubricks on the old coupon before the price increase.

matome
07-11-08, 09:05 AM
Some pretty good prices at Best Buy next week. Thanks to Speedy1961 as always:

Juno >>>> $22.99

Untraceable >>>> $22.99

Across The Universe >>>> $22.99

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story >>>> $22.99

Hitman >>>> $22.99

27 Dresses >>>> $22.99

The Eye w/Digital Copy >>>> $22.99

Meet The Spartans: Unrated Pit Of Death Edition >>>> $22.99

Alvin & The Chipmunks >>>> $22.99

The Ruins: Unrated >>>> $22.99

Jumper w/Digital Copy >>>> $22.99

Rambo: The Fight Continues w/Digital Copy >>>> $22.99

The Bank Job w/Digital Copy >>>> $29.99

One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest >>>> $29.99 Includes Blu-Ray Digibook

Shutter >>>> $29.99

College Road Trip >>>> $29.99 ++++

Step Up 2 The Streets >>>> $29.99 ++++

++++ Buy both of the marked titles together on the same receipt and save $10

whotony
07-11-08, 09:07 AM
those prices arent all that good.

flix1
07-11-08, 09:35 AM
I initially thought that as well, but if you were to pick up two of the $22.99 titles and get $10 off, then it would be $17.99 each. Not great, but decent.

I have not seen Walk Hard for less than $20.

Sweet Baby James
07-11-08, 09:42 AM
I initially thought that as well, but if you were to pick up two of the $22.99 titles and get $10 off, then it would be $17.99 each. Not great, but decent.

I have not seen Walk Hard for less than $20.
The way that I read the ad, the $10 off is only for the duo of College Road Trip/Step Up 2 the Streets.

Overpar
07-11-08, 10:00 AM
The way that I read the ad, the $10 off is only for the duo of College Road Trip/Step Up 2 the Streets.

Me, too.

Edison
07-11-08, 10:37 AM

While the New Release prices are not (Bank Job, One Flew..., Shutter, College Road Trip, and Step Up 2) good, there are only three of the 22.99 titles (The Eye, Jumper, and Rambo) that are currently cheaper online before shipping.

clckworang
07-11-08, 10:54 AM
I said it on the Best Buy thread and I'll say it again. That's the second cheapest price I've heard Juno selling for, and I find that pretty sad. I never see that title on sale, and while it's nice that it has a little sale at Best Buy, I can't believe you can't find that title anywhere for less than $20.

kefrank
07-11-08, 11:14 AM
I said it on the Best Buy thread and I'll say it again. That's the second cheapest price I've heard Juno selling for, and I find that pretty sad. I never see that title on sale, and while it's nice that it has a little sale at Best Buy, I can't believe you can't find that title anywhere for less than $20.
it's not that surprising. the 2-disc DVD (which has the same feature set) isn't available anywhere currently for less than $20 either.

Jericho
07-11-08, 11:27 AM

It's only been out a few months, give it time.

Drexl
07-11-08, 11:44 AM

Can you typically find other new releases (with $40 MSRPs) for less than $20? If you could have found There Will Be Blood for under $20, I would have liked to know where. :)

Artman
07-11-08, 11:50 AM
Well, $22.99 is a step in the right direction at least... mabye we'll have $19.99 sale prices by the end of the yr. Still too early to be buying in-store though...imo.

clckworang
07-11-08, 11:57 AM
Can you typically find other new releases (with $40 MSRPs) for less than $20? If you could have found There Will Be Blood for under $20, I would have liked to know where. :)

Well, that's the whole thing. I can't believe that a movie like Juno would have a $40 MSRP. That's absolutely nutty.

And for what it's worth, I find it easier for me to rationalize There Will Be Blood at a higher price point.

kefrank
07-11-08, 12:31 PM
Well, that's the whole thing. I can't believe that a movie like Juno would have a $40 MSRP. That's absolutely nutty.
why would it be priced different than any other critically-acclaimed day and date release with special features?

clckworang
07-11-08, 01:42 PM
why would it be priced different than any other critically-acclaimed day and date release with special features?

Maybe I'm being slightly prejudice because it's a smaller, more intimate film that most people wouldn't probably associate as being a great movie to buy in HD (and no, I'm not one of those people who think older movies shouldn't be released in an HD format. Bring on the classics!).

Maybe because I wasn't seeing all that many, if any, exclusive extras on the BD and those extras it does have aren't even in HD.

Maybe because I purchased Blade Runner, a 5-disc set, for $15 after it had been out about the same time as Juno now has been, and Blade Runner's price at Amazon right now, $24.95, is still only slightly more expensive than Juno. Hell, the new Batman Begins limited edition Blu-ray gift set is only $10 more than the regular Juno BD.

Maybe because there are a lot of other feature-rich discs out there of hit or acclaimed movies that I'll bet I could purchase at Best Buy -- paying regular price -- that would be cheaper or about the same price as what I could buy Juno for on sale at Best Buy or right now from Amazon.

I mean, this isn't a little boutique company like Criterion releasing this. We shouldn't be seeing a $40 MSRP for any Blu-ray release that isn't a multiple disc set or that doesn't have special packaging.

RichC2
07-11-08, 01:56 PM
It's Fux what do you expect. Fox always overprices their BDs, no matter what. I tend to agree though, Juno, a very small movie that grossed a massive amount of money doesn't seem like it should carry the same pricetag as a movie that cost 20x as much to make.

It isn't how the world works, but I understand the feeling.

flix1
07-11-08, 02:12 PM
Missed that. You are probably right.

thomkai
07-11-08, 02:25 PM
I don't see why we aren't at the $5 standard pricing for dvd's, $10 for HD yet. $20 is way too much. I'd buy probably a BD a week for $10. At $20, it's none at all. Apparently the rest of the country doesn't feel $20-$40 is unreasonable.

clckworang
07-11-08, 02:35 PM
I think about $15-$20 is my sweet spot. I certainly am willing to spend more, but anything above $20 at least gives me pause. It has to be something that I REALLY want or that I feel gives me a little something extra for that price. And no, great audio and video quality alone is not what I would consider something extra. We should expect to get the best possible presentations of a movie when it first goes on sale.

Drexl
07-11-08, 02:50 PM
It's Fux what do you expect. Fox always overprices their BDs, no matter what. I tend to agree though, Juno, a very small movie that grossed a massive amount of money doesn't seem like it should carry the same pricetag as a movie that cost 20x as much to make.

It isn't how the world works, but I understand the feeling.

At least as far as new releases are concerned, there has never been a correlation between pricing and a film's budget or box office. Why would they start that now?

As much as I criticize Fox's catalog title pricing too, this movie would be priced the same if it came from any other studio except Disney or Warner (who price their new releases at $35-36 MSRP).

RichC2
07-11-08, 03:01 PM
At least as far as new releases are concerned, there has never been a correlation between pricing and a film's budget or box office. Why would they start that now?

As much as I criticize Fox's catalog title pricing too, this movie would be priced the same if it came from any other studio except Disney or Warner (who price their new releases at $35-36 MSRP).

Agreed.

kevin75
07-12-08, 02:56 PM
warner's is supposed to be lowering their prices this fall according to the bits:

"The other bit of good news is that Warner Home Video is apparently going to be dropping the price of their Blu-ray Disc software in the 4th quarter, as part of an aggressive holiday sales push. Starting in September, consumer prices for many older catalog titles should drop well below $20, with additional discounts and rebate being offered on more recent titles as well. Video Business has more details."

kefrank
07-12-08, 05:12 PM
Maybe because I wasn't seeing all that many, if any, exclusive extras on the BD and those extras it does have aren't even in HD.
but as i pointed out before, the DVD release with the same special features is also not available anywhere for less than $20. why would the blu-ray cost less than the DVD? it is only a couple of dollars more at most online retailers.

Maybe because I purchased Blade Runner, a 5-disc set, for $15 after it had been out about the same time as Juno now has been, and Blade Runner's price at Amazon right now, $24.95, is still only slightly more expensive than Juno. Hell, the new Batman Begins limited edition Blu-ray gift set is only $10 more than the regular Juno BD.
blade runner is not a fair comparison for two reasons:
1. it's a catalog title, not a day and date title
2. it is pretty much the best value of any blu-ray release, so virtually any other blu-ray release is going to look like a bad deal in comparison

Edited to add: Blade Runner has not been out "about as long as" Juno. it came out in mid-december, so it's been out over twice as long as Juno.

a better comparison would be Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox story, another day and date comedy from a different studio that came out on Blu-ray one week before Juno. the current cheapest online price is $23.87 (according to dvdpricesearch.com).

all i'm saying is, it seems odd to expect Juno in particular to be cheaper. i personally think all of these titles should come down in price some, but it's not just Juno.

Goldberg74
07-12-08, 09:08 PM
Me thinks we need to close this thread and start a PART III.

Anyone want to second that motion?

Adam Tyner
07-12-08, 09:38 PM
Me thinks we need to close this thread and start a PART III.We're almost there. The 800 reply mark is the usual DVD Talk cutoff.

Gizmo
07-12-08, 10:27 PM
We're almost there. The 800 reply mark is the usual DVD Talk cutoff.

BTW,

Did you ever get an XA2? The Onkyo website has randomly been selling their XA2 clone (the 805) for around $129 or so for the past few weeks. eBay is now flooded with them so if you want something that may not look as good as the XA2 but is internally identical, you could find one pretty damn cheap now.

BravesMG
07-12-08, 10:36 PM
We're almost there. The 800 reply mark is the usual DVD Talk cutoff.Is it official that we're not going to get an HD Bargains subforum? I asked in the feedback thread, but I'm assuming the lack of definitive answer means that it's not going to happen.

Gizmo
07-13-08, 12:27 AM
Is it official that we're not going to get an HD Bargains subforum? I asked in the feedback thread, but I'm assuming the lack of definitive answer means that it's not going to happen.

I doubt we will ever get one. Blu-ray is simply not big enough to warrant its own sub forum. It took many years just to get TV Talk.

Adam Tyner
07-13-08, 07:16 AM
Is it official that we're not going to get an HD Bargains subforum? It's not really my call. I don't even know who's in charge of deciding what forums get created.

Just speaking for myself, I would create an HD Bargains forum if I could.

Hammer99
07-13-08, 09:31 AM
Amazon Lightning Deal (http://www.lightningdeals.com/) coming up later today is:
2PM PDT Rambo - First Blood Part II [Blu-ray] (Reg $13.95)
could be pretty cheap.

Gizmo
07-13-08, 12:25 PM
Such an odd film to put as a Lightening deal. Why not the trilogy?

clckworang
07-14-08, 10:08 AM
but as i pointed out before, the DVD release with the same special features is also not available anywhere for less than $20. why would the blu-ray cost less than the DVD? it is only a couple of dollars more at most online retailers.

blade runner is not a fair comparison for two reasons:
1. it's a catalog title, not a day and date title
2. it is pretty much the best value of any blu-ray release, so virtually any other blu-ray release is going to look like a bad deal in comparison

Edited to add: Blade Runner has not been out "about as long as" Juno. it came out in mid-december, so it's been out over twice as long as Juno.

a better comparison would be Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox story, another day and date comedy from a different studio that came out on Blu-ray one week before Juno. the current cheapest online price is $23.87 (according to dvdpricesearch.com).

all i'm saying is, it seems odd to expect Juno in particular to be cheaper. i personally think all of these titles should come down in price some, but it's not just Juno.

If you were to read my post again, I didn't say that Blade Runner has been out as long as Juno. I said that when I bought Blade Runner it had been out for about as long as Juno has now been out. There is a big difference.

Maybe Blade Runner is a catalog title, but it's one with 5 discs. I would think a 5-disc set, even if it is catalog, would have a higher price tag than a one disc release with the same features from the DVD.

And there have been plenty of new day-and-date releases that have been cheaper than Juno. Since you want to use Walk Hard as a comparison, I know that I've seen it for $20 and maybe even slightly less.

If you think all Blu-rays, and therefore Juno as well, are overpriced, why are we still having this discussion? It seems you agree with me, just don't like that I use Juno as an example. Well, maybe the problem is that the other Blu-rays that I have been looking at haven't been as overpriced as Juno or at least have had decent sale prices. Pan's Labyrinth has a very large MSRP price, but I purchased it on sale for $15.

I wouldn't pay more than $20 for the DVD version either, but I'll bet the DVD has gone on sale for less than that before. I don't think I ever said that the Blu-ray should be regularly priced below the DVD.

argh923
07-14-08, 11:07 AM
How does this pertain to current Blu-Ray bargains?

clckworang
07-14-08, 11:09 AM
How does this pertain to current Blu-Ray bargains?

The discussion began on the previous page because Best Buy is having a sale on Juno at the moment.

BravesMG
07-14-08, 11:12 AM
The discussion began on the previous page because Best Buy is having a sale on Juno at the moment.But it's cluttering up the bargains thread, so that every bump looks like there's a new bargain (or at least an update on an existing bargain).

kefrank
07-14-08, 11:21 AM
If you were to read my post again, I didn't say that Blade Runner has been out as long as Juno. I said that when I bought Blade Runner it had been out for about as long as Juno has now been out. There is a big difference.
Fair enough. I don't recall Blade Runner on sale for $15 in March, but perhaps it was in a BOGO or some other sale at that time. that's not really relevant to the two main points i made though.

Maybe Blade Runner is a catalog title, but it's one with 5 discs. I would think a 5-disc set, even if it is catalog, would have a higher price tag than a one disc release with the same features from the DVD.
see point #2 in my last post. also, Juno BD is a 2-disc release.

If you think all Blu-rays, and therefore Juno as well, are overpriced, why are we still having this discussion? It seems you agree with me, just don't like that I use Juno as an example. Well, maybe the problem is that the other Blu-rays that I have been looking at haven't been as overpriced as Juno or at least have had decent sale prices.
i think Fox's MSRP structure is flawed. really, my only issue with your original statement is that you seemed surprised that you couldn't find a day and date title that has been out less than 3 months for 50% off (or more) of the MSRP. very few day and date titles get that kind of sale in that time window. even if you can cite multiple examples of some that have, those are still the minority, not the majority, and thus should not influence your expectations. anyway, i think we've beaten this to death and it's not really an important enough issue for us to drag out any longer.

Pan's Labyrinth has a very large MSRP price, but I purchased it on sale for $15.
Pan's Labyrinth was not a day and date release on BD.

I wouldn't pay more than $20 for the DVD version either, but I'll bet the DVD has gone on sale for less than that before. I don't think I ever said that the Blu-ray should be regularly priced below the DVD.
i'm sure it probably had loss leader pricing the week it came out on DVD, but no Blu-rays get loss leader pricing yet. since then, i haven't seen the DVD on sale for less than $20, but i can't say i've been looking.

Overpar
07-14-08, 11:27 AM
I am Legend is listed at $13.95 on Target.com. You could order there or price match at Best Buy.

3:10 to Yuma $14.95.

clckworang
07-14-08, 11:42 AM
But it's cluttering up the bargains thread, so that every bump looks like there's a new bargain (or at least an update on an existing bargain).

I'm sorry for cluttering this otherwise pristine forum with actual discussion, but it's not like anything else has been moving on this thread for the last week or so.

It appears as those I am wrong in every account anyway, even when bringing up examples to the contrary. It appears that all of the exceptions I've cited are only meant to reinforce the rule and that I should not expect any day and date releases to go on sale for at least 6 months to a year.

So, no more need for further discussion. Thanks for clearing up my expectations, kefrank. -rolleyes-

Although I do find it interesting that I Am Legend is on sale for $13.99 in the post above mine. Wasn't that a day-and-date release?

And according to Amazon, Juno's BR is a one-disc release, not a 2-disc.

kefrank
07-14-08, 11:47 AM
So, no more need for further discussion. Thanks for clearing up my expectations, kefrank. -rolleyes-
glad i could help. -rolleyes-

But according to Amazon, Juno's BR is a one-disc release, not a 2-disc.
take a look at the customer images on amazon. it's two-discs. the listing information on amazon is incorrect.

clckworang
07-14-08, 11:51 AM
And is that second disc nothing but a digital copy or is it actual content?

Goldberg74
07-14-08, 12:06 PM
Amazon has a "Buy 3 Get $5 Off" on select music BDs:

Get $5 off when you purchase three of these select Blu-ray titles (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_7084962_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000244991&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-7&pf_rd_r=0CWDAWQVAJ6W6ATCYCF6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=410338701&pf_rd_i=193640011). Choose from artists like AC/DC, Chris Botti, John Mayer, Celine Dion, and more.

$19.95 - John Mayer: Where the Light Is - Live in Los Angeles
$23.95 - Celine Dion: Live in Las Vegas - A New Day
$14.95 - Chris Botti: Live (With Orchestra and Special Guests)
$19.95 - Shakira: Oral Fixation Tour
$13.95 - Destiny's Child: Live in Atlanta
$23.95 - David Gilmour: Remember That Night - Live At The Royal Albert Hall
$14.95 - Incubus - Alive at Red Rocks
$19.95 - AC/DC: Live At Donington
$19.95 - Tony Bennett - An American Classic
$16.95 - Bruce Springsteen with the Sessions Band: Live in Dublin
$19.95 - John Legend - Live at the House of Blues

Adam Tyner
07-14-08, 12:08 PM
And is that second disc nothing but a digital copy or is it actual content?Just a digital copy.

mattysemo247
07-15-08, 07:24 AM
Amazon has another buy two get one free deal going on with over 100 titles:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_7173492_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000250321&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-blog-0&pf_rd_r=142ZV01P2VDYSY8J7DC2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=415514401&pf_rd_i=193640011

bub
07-15-08, 07:51 AM
Amazon: Buy two of our overpriced BD movies (from our limited selection (read, movies that we can't sell anyways)) that you've probably either already bought or already have on SD, and we will give you another BD movie that you probably already bought or already own on SD.

Me: No thanks!

With the spotty quality of BD and HD transfers and the too high priced STILL BD offerings, they can keep their overpriced pieces of plastic. Give me a real sale or shuddup...

Luck all,
George

rexinnih
07-15-08, 07:57 AM
Checked the offerings and found some "may buys" but no "must buys" that I didn't already have.

acubfaninmd
07-15-08, 08:27 AM
Amazon: Buy two of our overpriced BD movies (from our limited selection (read, movies that we can't sell anyways)) that you've probably either already bought or already have on SD, and we will give you another BD movie that you probably already bought or already own on SD.

With the spotty quality of BD and HD transfers and the too high priced STILL BD offerings, they can keep their overpriced pieces of plastic. Give me a real sale or shuddup...

Luck all,
George

$20.95 for a blu ray is overpriced? buy 3 $20.95 blu ray from sale and it comes to $13.96 a blu ray if thats overpriced than I need to know what you want to pay

bub
07-15-08, 08:37 AM
$20.95 for a blu ray is overpriced? buy 3 $20.95 blu ray from sale and it comes to $13.96 a blu ray if thats overpriced than I need to know what you want to pay

I don't mind paying $13.96 for BD's that I want. What I do mind is Amazon throwing these 'can't sell' titles up and claiming its some sort of sale. Give me my choice of any available BD tiltles for $13.96 and I'm all over it. Just tired of these so called 'sales' that are really Amazon trying to get rid of their older inventory of titles that aren't selling.

George

Also, there are just a couple titles here that I would consider 'current' but they are $28 (so finding three of them would equal almost $19 each, too much still).

clckworang
07-15-08, 08:53 AM
Well, not everyone has maybe been collecting Blu-rays as long as you guys, so not everyone may have all of these titles on Blu-ray -- or even SD for that matter. I mean, you have titles there like Reds, Breaker Morant, The Fly, Edward Scissorhands and Before the Devil Knows Your Dead; it's not like they have crap movies for sale! I understand that YOU might have all the titles that are on sale right now, bub, but I'll bet there will be a few of us who will happy to pick up some of these titles.

Totally agree about the spotty transfers, though. I have a few that I'm thinking about getting (as you can see from my partial list above), but I'm going to look up some reviews on transfers before pulling the trigger. Except for Reds! Can't believe I don't own that one yet.

By the way, speaking of transfers, any opinions on From Hell?

Adam Tyner
07-15-08, 09:21 AM
By the way, speaking of transfers, any opinions on From Hell?I wasn't impressed, personally. (http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/31257/from-hell/)

clckworang
07-15-08, 09:36 AM
I wasn't impressed, personally. (http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/31257/from-hell/)

Thanks, Adam!

Sounds like a disappointment in many ways. From Hell is such a visually striking film; it's sad that it wasn't treated better in HD. And equally sad that the old extras weren't brought back! As it is, even if I purchased it on Blu, I would still feel like I needed to keep the SD edition. Too bad.

candyrocket786
07-15-08, 10:52 AM

Luck all,
George

Nothing for me, especially since I picked-up some of those Fox titles last Dec.

I can't fathom why we haven't seen price drops with titles like "The Decent" and "Avengers". Those have been out for more than a year now.

Lately, I've gone back to renting BDs at my local Blockbuster.

Vipper II
07-15-08, 04:15 PM

But some of those $20.95 titles were in the 'teens the other day. Crap, 3:10 to Yuma was $14.95 just last week ($18.95 yesterday) and it ballooned to $27.95 for this "sale." And as Candyrocket stated, some of these movies have been priced this high for well over a year now.

clckworang
07-15-08, 05:30 PM
Then I would advise not buying 3:10 to Yuma during this sale. :)

matrixrok9
07-15-08, 05:59 PM
Wrong thread.

Jericho
07-15-08, 07:11 PM
Nothing for me, especially since I picked-up some of those Fox titles last Dec.

I can't fathom why we haven't seen price drops with titles like "The Decent" and "Avengers". Those have been out for more than a year now.

Lately, I've gone back to renting BDs at my local Blockbuster.

I remember when DVDs would go years without price drops. Like 4 years or so. Now, all of a sudden Blu-Rays don't drop instantly and people are puzzled? It's cause the market isn't big enough yet.

kefrank
07-15-08, 08:19 PM
I remember when DVDs would go years without price drops. Like 4 years or so. Now, all of a sudden Blu-Rays don't drop instantly and people are puzzled? It's cause the market isn't big enough yet.
indeed. i still remember the original DVD release of Shadow of a Doubt staying at $27.95 for years, which was more than i was willing to pay.

Vipper II
07-15-08, 08:40 PM
It's cause the market isn't big enough yet.

Chicken or the egg? Are the prices holding back the market or is the market keeping the prices high?

candyrocket786
07-16-08, 08:56 AM

Hmmm... those High MSRPs wouldn't have anything to do with that. -rolleyes-

clckworang
07-16-08, 08:57 AM
Chicken or the egg? Are the prices holding back the market or is the market keeping the prices high?

I think it's tough because DVD has achieved such market saturation. Now, pretty much everyone I know has at least a small DVD collection, even if it's only 20 titles. That just was NOT the case with VHS. Now, I realize there were still collectors then as well, but I don't think there was the same number of casual collectors.

But DVD took a while to really catch hold, as any of us who were early adopters should remember. I still have memories of taking my first DVD player to friends' homes for demonstrations. Movies on a disc?! :lol:

It certainly doesn't help, though, that the initial Blu-ray prices are more expensive than the initial DVD prices. And I do think that part of what fueled the earliest days of DVD was the whole dotcom boom. I remember getting monster steals all the time. Tons of coupons with no minimum purchase for first-time users (well, tons of coupons in general), big discounts, liberal price matching, free shipping. I loved Reel.com back then, but I think I was one of the people who helped drive them from retail. :)

candyrocket786
07-16-08, 08:59 AM
indeed. i still remember the original DVD release of Shadow of a Doubt staying at $27.95 for years, which was more than i was willing to pay.

Well, there wasn't any real alternative to DVD, right? It's whole different game now.

Vipper II
07-16-08, 10:13 AM
Well, there wasn't any real alternative to DVD, right? It's whole different game now.

VHS

Gizmo
07-16-08, 10:18 AM
VHS

SelectaVision

Goldberg74
07-16-08, 10:35 AM
We're almost there. The 800 reply mark is the usual DVD Talk cutoff.
We're past the 800 post mark now and there has only been 4 deal related posts in the last 30-something posts. I know its slow on the deal front, but I think we need a reboot.

Methinks that it's definitely time for Part III: Back In Training. ;)

clckworang
07-16-08, 11:15 AM
We're past the 800 post mark now and there has only been 4 deal related posts in the last 30-something posts. I know its slow on the deal front, but I think we need a reboot.

Methinks that it's definitely time for Part III: Back In Training. ;)

Agreed. I think it's time for a fresh start.

eXcentris
07-16-08, 11:52 AM

I suggest this thread be used only to post bargains. Another thread can be created for "Whining about not so good bargains which I should have just ignored instead of posting about how much they suck".

Adam Tyner
07-16-08, 11:59 AM
Closing for length.