Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anybody ever filed a claim for a fradulent sale through Amazon Marketplace?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-08, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Saw a great price on a piece of electronics on Amazon Marketplace tonight. It's priced just at the upper end of that "too good to be true" threshold. The seller is supposed to be a private individual with a like-new item, and has five excellent feedbacks dating back a couple of years. I'm sorely tempted to jump on this, only because Amazon claims to have buyer protection for marketplace purchases. Does anybody have any experience making a claim with them? Overall, Amazon has been great to me overall, but huge companies often promise more than they're willing to deliver when it hits them where it counts (the item is over $2000).

I know this is something that I should probably run away from screaming, but the price is really impossible to beat at this point.
Old 01-09-08, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, and it was a piece of cake. I purchased a volume of books priced about $150.00 the seller had great feedback and there were no issues. The EXACT second I purchased the books his feedback took a nosedive; I waited two weeks for my books and nothing, I emailed the seller two times and nothing. I filed a claim and in two weeks or less I got my money back, it was all pretty painless. I explained to them that the buyer never responded to my emails and that his feedback when in the crapper pretty quick.

You will be expected to work it out with the seller first, and I believe you have to wait 30 days or so but other than that it was pretty easy.
Old 01-10-08, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've noticed this lately on Amazon. The seller will do a few good orders, just to get their feedback up - then at once they list hundreds and hundreds of items and then take the money and run.
Old 01-11-08, 03:12 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, I had the same experience. Can't say the same for half.com, unfortunately, I was ripped off a few times there with no refund.
Old 01-11-08, 04:25 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Amazon is terrific with covering any problems. They treat it just like it came from their own warehouse. They really do honor the A-Z guarantee.
Old 01-11-08, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Amazon is much better than eBay. Don't they hold payment in escrow for like a month to make sure there is no issues?
Old 01-15-08, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Well, I went ahead and bought it ("it" was a Canon XH A1, just for the record). The seller promptly answered my questions and even sent pictures without my asking. I paid on Thursday evening, and he sent it through insured UPS on Friday morning. It arrived today and is exactly as advertised. I guess there are honest people out there after all.