Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Question about the Indiana Jones Boxset.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-08, 06:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm just wondering if anybody knows if the Indiana Jones boxset will be re-released just before the new movie comes out in May. Iv'e always thought about picking it up and would hate to by it now and then have it be re-released in a couple of month's with a ticket to see the new one and maybe it will be cheaper and in slim cases with entirely different packaging.
Old 01-09-08, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think anything's been announced, but it's not unreasonable to expect something. If you've held out this long, it can't hurt to give it a few more months just to be sure.

I'd say it's virtually guaranteed that a new box will be coming the year after with all four films included and the bonus features from the fourth film, though, so it'll end up as a double dip within the next year regardless.
Old 01-09-08, 07:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thank you!
Old 01-09-08, 08:51 PM

just wait, murphys law suggests you'll get completely fucked with the announcement of a 2-disc version of the 3 movies right after you buy it
Old 01-09-08, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i believe they already re-released it in a slim pack, but that may have been exclusive to a certain retailer. I'm sure there will be some promotion with the new film, and obviously a new set for next Xmas with the new movie.
Old 01-10-08, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts
I would Hope they would also release all the titles seperately.
So people that dislike "Temple of Doom" , like me, don't have to buy it.
Old 01-10-08, 08:48 AM

I'm waiting for next Fall when all four films are released in a super-sexy set with even more features. And hopefully by then Paramount will have gone back to Bluray and I can get it in high-def. Can you imagine it? Indiana Jones in HD? That would make my year.

Cameron. I think the slimpack rerelease may be exclusively available in Canada. It really is just the same old release though. Nothing special.
Old 01-10-08, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Frozenhamster
I'm waiting for next Fall when all four films are released in a super-sexy set with even more features. And hopefully by then Paramount will have gone back to Bluray and I can get it in high-def. Can you imagine it? Indiana Jones in HD? That would make my year.
Paramount's exclusive deal with HD DVD specifically did not cover the films directed by Speilberg, so whether or not they choose to go back to releasing on the other format (or both) as a company, his films were always eligible to be released on Blu-ray....
Old 01-10-08, 06:25 PM

Ya Indy needs to go HD especially Blu.
Old 01-10-08, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They won't re-release it again before the films release in theaters. They'll wait to release a new boxed set including the new film eventually. And that will probably come in '09. They'll sell the new Indy itself for a year and then hit us with a boxed set.
Old 01-10-08, 07:56 PM

Ya 2009 definitely. Hopefully it will be an 8-10 disk set. The treatment it deserves and in High Def!
Old 01-10-08, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel
Paramount's exclusive deal with HD DVD specifically did not cover the films directed by Speilberg, so whether or not they choose to go back to releasing on the other format (or both) as a company, his films were always eligible to be released on Blu-ray....
I know about that whole Spielberg films not applying, but I just figured that mean they would not release any Spielberg films. He would want them on Bluray and they would say HD or nothing.