Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Site Maintenance at Blockbuster.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-08, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long does that usually last?

Most times it happens late at night. But during the morning hours? Seems kind of unusual.

Wonder if something is up.
Old 01-07-08, 12:17 PM

Can anyone log in yet?
Old 01-07-08, 03:38 PM

Still down for me too
Old 01-07-08, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Getting a "technical difficulties" message. Only technical difficulty I see is trying to figure out why I haven't had a movie ship in days.
Old 01-07-08, 08:58 PM

I actually cancelled my account last week after I heard about the rate increase, but they still shipped me three more movies on Friday and I received them today. They might be having issues with their inventory or billing department. Sucks for those that have not had anything ship lately.
Old 01-07-08, 09:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess they are either going through a major site redesign (but didn't they just do one), or maybe they lost a server (either accidentally or intentionally if someone didn't like the rate increase ).
Old 01-07-08, 10:17 PM
Banned

I hope they'll hand out some free rental coupons for the shipment delays and access issues.
Old 01-07-08, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by FusionX
I hope they'll hand out some free rental coupons for the shipment delays and access issues.

Agreed. They raise their rates and then they shut their site down. Why can't these online services just leave well enough alone? Netflix just recently got rid of their "new releases for the week" page. Why? I accessed that page every week to see what was new and now I have to go to another site to find out what's released that week then go back to Netflix and spend time searching for the movie. Real nice...
Old 01-08-08, 12:16 AM

Yeah this is pretty ridiculous at this point. They supposedly didn't receive the 2 movies I mailed back nearly 2 weeks ago (the shipping center is 10 minutes from where I live) and the other movie that I brought back to the store over 2 weeks ago they never cleared off my queue. So they haven't shipped out a movie in nearly 2 weeks, I would've been paying more attention to this if I wasn't out of town. But still this, along with the rate increase and now the site being down all day is just a complete joke. I'm thinking it might be time to jump ship and go to NetFlix.
Old 01-08-08, 12:45 AM

Now I'm wondering how extensive is the unavailability due to technical difficulities.

If blockbuster.com is down, does that affect any shipments going out today? Don't know to this one.

Also does that affect movies the receipt and recording of movies received by the post office/distribution center? I think so because I've returned movies on Sat morning and usually I would get an email saying such and such a movie was received. No emails today.

And did it affect customers returning DVDs for in store returns or for it to show that it was received at the store on your account? Can't answer to the second part since blockbuster.com is down. First part only someone trading or checking in a DVD can answer that one.
Old 01-08-08, 05:58 AM

If blockbuster.com is down, does that affect any shipments going out today? Don't know to this one.
All I can say is I should have had 3 replacements sent out yesterday but I didn't receive any notices....

EDIT: They are back up now and it looks like nothing shipped yesterday
Old 01-08-08, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They received 2 from me yesterday, bringing me to 0 shipped of 3. Hopefully they ship 3 today.
Old 01-08-08, 09:41 AM

Me too. Should had 3 replacements shipped yesterday but nothing.

Still have one in Shipped Queue that showed received at store since Wednesday of last week. Post office is sure slow for this one. I guess I could report it as returned but not received by BBonline but that could miss up there system and they might only ship 2 instead of 3. If you report it as such, then they will not ship the day of the report but the next business day.

Hopefully 3 will ship today for me too. We'll see since I bet they will have to play catch up today.
Old 01-08-08, 01:10 PM

I guess the bonus is since noone seems to have had anything shipped yesterday there's still a chance of getting today's releases I just got confirmation on 3:10 to Yuma, hopefully I'll get the other two too.
Old 01-08-08, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally got one title showing up as shipped.
Old 01-08-08, 04:59 PM

Got 2 shipped so far.
Old 01-08-08, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

3 shipped today. Woo hoo!