Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon VISA Question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon VISA Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-08, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon VISA Question

Hi,

I have a vague recollection of Amazon VISA offering some kind of extra points (4 points per dollar?) during the holiday season. I remember signing up for it but cannot remember the details. Or perhaps it was extra pointage for usage outside of Amazon in certain categories of retailers.

If anyone remembers this offer and could provide the details, I'd really appreciate it.

My latest statement seems normal on the points earned, and I wanted to double check that I didn't meet the terms of this offer.

Thank you!
Old 01-06-08, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm if there was a special promo, i dont know how it passed me by! from my understanding, amazon visa gives 1 point (or 1 percent toward amazon gift certificates) for all purchases or 3 points for stuff purchased through amazon. thats alls i know.
Old 01-06-08, 09:33 AM

I remember seeing something like this, but I think it was only at certain stores (or categories, like groceries and gas), and only for amounts you spend over $500 each month at those types of stores (so the first $500 you spend each month would still be at the old 1-3% rate).

Those probably aren't the 100% correct details, but I remember seeing that offer, and deciding it wasn't worth my time signing up for it.
Old 01-07-08, 01:41 PM

Thanks, guys! I probably signed up "just in case" but probably didn't meet the requirements.
Old 01-07-08, 04:19 PM

What you're probably referring to was an offer I also was sent(I think in September) which was that they were changing their rewards to no longer automatically issue Amazon GCs but rather to offer point redemption for several rewards including Amazon GCs. Basically nothing was being lost and you were gaining more options to redeem points.
I accepted and that started a 90 day period where all purchases were at least double and more if buying from Amazon. It was a while ago since my 90 day period just ended in late December(lots of additional reward points for me this holiday season!). I don't think I have the original offer anymore to post the exact point value of purchases.
I'll look when I get home and post if I still have the original offer.
Old 01-07-08, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ hey that sounds very interesting if accurate. gee, thanks for making me sad that i did not receive this offer