Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

We are NOT being given the "EXTRAS" in some TV box sets.

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-05-08, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have written the Studios who are producing The Wild Wild West (TV series) dvd set. Before dvd's I use to collect film. There was a fifteen or twenty minute little featurette (my copy was in B&W) in which Jim West gave you a tour of his train, the various cars and hidden gadgets. THIS WAS NOT PART of any episode ...and would be a great EXTRA. Though I have written...we are up to set # 3 coming out shortly ... and NO EXTRAS! THIS WOULD BE A GREAT EXTRA! No one resonds.

The TV series McHale's Navy is out ... SHOUT is putting this together ... they even brought the crew back together ... this was nice. But there were many out-takes from this series. During the reunion ... they could have (should have) ask the stars if anyone had any OUT-TAKES ... they are out there ... just check out "YOU TUBE." GREAT extras. No one responds.

I also asked SHOUT ... while they had the crew reunion (for McHale's Navy) One of our funnier comedians is Mr. Tim Conway. He's had many short-lived series ... but there were some (in their own way) that stood out as really funny tv series ... for their time.

"Rango" was one. "Ace Crawford Private Eye" was another why not get together and see if these can be released? No reply.

Where and when will we see the "Duckman" animated series available on dvd?

The "Batman" TV series ... though campy ... was great for it's time. It's tied- up perhaps in ownership ...concerns. But please release it so we can enjoy it again!

Mr. Tim Conway ... Adam West ....... Burt Ward ... these guys are still around ... why wait until they are gone to decide on a set being available?

Having them around is a great selling tool ... signed editions! Perhaps?

The Dean Martin Show ... one of the longer running shows ... with one of America's best-love entertainers/singers. Why can't we see a box set of the whole run of the show ... or a two-set box set (dividing the show's run into two segments) it was great at a time when real stars were around and loved to work together. The Greg Garrision "BEST OF" version is nice ... but I'd like the whole series ... just like I remember it from televison.

One summer the Deam Martin Show reruns were replaced (for a month) by The Great Dream Machine with Marty Feldman. This was very funny ... please dig this out of the archives and let us enjoy it again.

"THRILLER" a twilight zone-ish series of well-written tales of horror HOSTED by one of the GIANTS of HORROR himself, Mr. Boris Karloff. Mr. Karloff even appeared in several episodes ... when might we find this on DVD?

When I grew up ... during the holidays ...Dea Martin, Bing Crosby and many others had holiday's T V specials. THEY WERE SO ENTERTAINING!!! I would have loved to have them around for the family to enjoy on our hristmas season gathering.

Unlike just a move ... these shows really made the HOLIDAY feel like a HOLIDAY!

WHERE CAN I WRITE...WHO CAN I CONTACT...WHAT CAN I DO TO help BRING THE ABOUT these shows ON dvd!!!

DAVID
[email protected]

Last edited by BobTHope; 01-05-08 at 05:26 AM.
Old 01-05-08, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is up... with using the... every few words in... the middle of a... sentence? Not only is it annoyingly hard to read, but I'm guessing if that's how you send your emails, that is why you get... no replies.
Old 01-05-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm sorry, I like extras as much as the next guy, but in many cases I would just be happy to have all of a series be released....case in point, Party Of Five! After waiting over two and a half long years since season 2 came out, the news yesterday that season 3 will be released in March made me happy as a pig in slop....the fact that it will contain no special features really doesn't upset me, sure it'd be nice if they threw a couple on there, but getting the episodes is the main priority in this case...
Now what about Malcolm In The Middle? It's been over five years since the first season was released....think those other people waiting would really be too upset if the second season was finally announced but with no extras? I know I wouldn't...
Old 01-05-08, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by BobTHope
When I grew up ... during the holidays ...Dea Martin, Bing Crosby and many others had holiday's T V specials. THEY WERE SO ENTERTAINING!!! I would have loved to have them around for the family to enjoy on our hristmas season gathering.

Unlike just a move ... these shows really made the HOLIDAY feel like a HOLIDAY!

DAVID
[email protected]
David,

I appreciate your passion. During the holidays I find lots of old public domain movies at the local 99 Cents Only Store. This year I picked up a Bob Hope Christmas special for a friend and found Jack Benny DVD with 3 diffent holiday shows on it. They had plenty of others too.

Casey
Old 01-05-08, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BobTHope
It's tied- up perhaps in ownership ...concerns. But please release it so we can enjoy it again!
So even though ... there are legal issues ... those should be ignored ... and the show should be released anyway ... just to make you happy?
Old 01-05-08, 04:17 PM

You should be aware that your tastes in TV shows is esoteric at best and most of the titles you mentioned skew very very old-- an age category that is notoriously DVD-unfriendly. You should be flabbergasted that so many of these old shows are being released at all.
Old 01-05-08, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 861 Likes on 387 Posts
I think it's William Shatner posting...
Old 01-05-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

most people don't watch or care about extras anyway
Old 01-05-08, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
most people don't watch or care about extras anyway
Yeah Gervais is really overrated. ZING
Old 01-05-08, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by domino harvey
Yeah Gervais is really overrated. ZING

Are you having a laugh?!
Old 01-05-08, 08:23 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I feel your pain, Bob. Lemme know what I can do to help and I'm there.
Old 01-05-08, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,009 Likes on 718 Posts
Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Are you having a laugh?!
Is he having a laugh?
Old 01-05-08, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
So even though ... there are legal issues ... those should be ignored ... and the show should be released anyway ... just to make you happy?

Y.....e.....s.....
Old 01-06-08, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Actually, the answer is yes.

The intent of the system of copyright, at least as specified in the constitution of the united states, is to encourage the creation of art for the public. If the system is not working to that effect, then the system needs to be scrapped.
Old 01-06-08, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel

The intent of the system of copyright, at least as specified in the constitution of the united states, is to encourage the creation of art for the public. If the system is not working to that effect, then the system needs to be scrapped.
Check please
Old 01-06-08, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Uh, no it's not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._copyright_law
Old 01-06-08, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Actually, the answer is no.

As you say, if the system is not working properly then you scrap the system. You don't just start releasing copyrighted works in defiance of the law. To do so would be foolish, illegal and would result in serious financial consequences.
Old 01-06-08, 05:01 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The intent of the system of copyright, at least as specified in the constitution of the united states, is to encourage the creation of art for the public.
What the hell? There's no mention of copyright in the U.S. Constitution!
Old 01-06-08, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
What the hell? There's no mention of copyright in the U.S. Constitution!
I think he's referring to:

Article I, Section 8, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution: The Congress shall have Power to promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.
Old 01-06-08, 05:10 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I think that has more to do with patents than with entertainment copyright.
Old 01-06-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I see what you mean there, Groucho; however, it seems that it could be vague enough to apply here, too. You have "inventors" and "authors" (writers!) to the TV shows. Like patents, they do have a time limit before expiration but - I THINK - unlike patents, you can renew your copyright/license.
Old 01-06-08, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

As for Batman, it is a Fox show, but Warner Bros. holds the rights to Batman and all things DC Comics. For TV , movies, and DVDs.
Old 01-07-08, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by renaldow
What is up... with using the... every few words in... the middle of a... sentence? Not only is it annoyingly hard to read, but I'm guessing if that's how you send your emails, that is why you get... no replies.
The ... is called an Ellipsis. And I agree, it is very annoying to see one every other word.