Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever gotten a DVD produced?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-04-08, 11:13 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anyone here ever took part in convincing a DVD production company to release a DVD / DVD Set of a film or TV series? If so, what steps did you take in achieving your success?
Old 01-04-08, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts
No but several of my "fan made" DVD's and audio recordings, have been bootleged by companies.
Old 01-04-08, 05:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, but I am an investigator in a paranormal group (ala TAPS/Ghosthunters), and a DVD is being produced about us; we are the best (and soon to be best-known) P.I. group in the north Texas area.
Old 01-05-08, 08:35 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

LOL, good answers! Maybe I wasn't clear on my query. Let's try again and see if I can do better. DEATHSTALKER 1, 2 and 4 are out on DVD but #3 has never been made. Being the completist that I am, I want that one too (who cares if it's bad or not...I don't). I'd love to own the short-lived TV series called WIZARDS & WARRIORS as well as hundreds of other films / TV shows, just a couple of examples.

What I wondered was if anyone had ever campaigned a DVD company to get a particular film or TV series put out on disc and subsequently had success in doing it? Not some film you made yourself, but a classic show or movie that you love. If so, how did you get the company to produce the said DVD release? Anyone?
Old 01-05-08, 11:47 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Retro-Warrior
LOL, good answers! Maybe I wasn't clear on my query. Let's try again and see if I can do better. DEATHSTALKER 1, 2 and 4 are out on DVD but #3 has never been made. Being the completist that I am, I want that one too (who cares if it's bad or not...I don't). I'd love to own the short-lived TV series called WIZARDS & WARRIORS as well as hundreds of other films / TV shows, just a couple of examples.

What I wondered was if anyone had ever campaigned a DVD company to get a particular film or TV series put out on disc and subsequently had success in doing it? Not some film you made yourself, but a classic show or movie that you love. If so, how did you get the company to produce the said DVD release? Anyone?
Freaks and Geeks. A few years in the making.
Old 01-06-08, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Years ago I worked at a resort in Orlando. One day my one buddy and I were talking about DVDs and it turned out the people from Universal who made DVDs were having a conference in the hotel. We spent maybe 10 minutes telling the crew how bad the recent release of The Mummy on DVD was. They listened to our suggestions and assured us the release of The Mummy Returns would be a more robust DVD. Turns out they were full of shit but they gave us some free stuff for being honest with them. That's as close to helping the DVD making process as I have ever come.
Old 01-06-08, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zombiezilla
...we are the best (and soon to be best-known) P.I. group in the north Texas area.
"You think you're the slickest operator in Duluth. But being the slickest operator in Duluth is kind of like being the world's tallest midget if you ask me."

Old 01-06-08, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Peep
"You think you're the slickest operator in Duluth. But being the slickest operator in Duluth is kind of like being the world's tallest midget if you ask me."

You gotta be the best at something, somewhere.