DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : NFL Coach of the Year - Belichick

TGM
01-04-08, 05:04 AM
So, tell me Patriot haters, if Bill Belichick was the only one who would do such an "awful and egregious thing" like filming the oppositions sidelines, then how come 29 out of 50 people still voted him coach of the year? Seems to me, this is more of an admission that everyone is doing something similar, and that although it was an unwritten common practice, the Pats and Belichick were the ones that had to be "made an example of" thanks to Mangina and the J-E-T-S sucksucksuck!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TRND/FP4115~New-England-Patriots-Posters.jpg

wetsprockets
01-04-08, 05:21 AM
Couldn't this (and the goofy picture) be posted in the NFL Awards thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=521396) ?

Obey The D
01-04-08, 08:56 AM
So, tell me Patriot haters, if Bill Belichick was the only one who would do such an "awful and egregious thing" like filming the oppositions sidelines, then how come 29 out of 50 people still voted him coach of the year? Seems to me, this is more of an admission that everyone is doing something similar, and that although it was an unwritten common practice, the Pats and Belichick were the ones that had to be "made an example of" thanks to Mangina and the J-E-T-S sucksucksuck!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TRND/FP4115~New-England-Patriots-Posters.jpg

I would personally like to thank all the Boston teams for performing so well the past few years. Their play has elevating their fans to a level of obnoxiousness that rivals that of the NY Fans. The very same NY fans that Boston fans bitched and moaned about for years on this board due to their "cocky" attitude. :lol:

TGM
01-04-08, 09:05 AM
sounds like sour grapes to me.

DVD Josh
01-04-08, 09:09 AM

I suppose the obvious "no one has ever won more games in the regular season before" reason doesn't strike you as the most likely reason, rather than an admission of culpability, then?

TGM
01-04-08, 09:32 AM
I suppose the obvious "no one has ever won more games in the regular season before" reason doesn't strike you as the most likely reason, rather than an admission of culpability, then?

Well, if you think the guy is simply a CHEATER, than I would imagine that would could win 400 games in a row, and that would negate your willingness to vote for him as coach of the year.

SuperBatMan
01-04-08, 09:34 AM
I wonder what Patriot fans will say once they lose in the playoffs.

DVD Josh
01-04-08, 09:42 AM
Well, if you think the guy is simply a CHEATER, than I would imagine that would could win 400 games in a row, and that would negate your willingness to vote for him as coach of the year.

Even if you cheat, it's still nearly impossible to win 16 games in a row.

TGM
01-04-08, 11:34 AM

3 years from now, when we do, I'll let you know.

fumanstan
01-04-08, 11:42 AM
What a worthless thread.

JaxComet
01-04-08, 11:53 AM
A blind monkey could have coached this Pats team to at least 12 wins.............

clappj
01-04-08, 12:28 PM
What a worthless thread.

Seriously!

TallGuyMe and Chris Collinsworth should get a room with Belichick and Brady, to show them how much you really "love" the Patriots.

;)

Noonan
01-04-08, 12:33 PM
Collinsworth is a bandwagon jumper. He was bashing us like crazy at the beginning of the season. Then we beat the Colts and all of a sudden we're the best team he's ever seen...

Iron Chef
01-04-08, 12:36 PM
Mike McCarthy, FTW

Iron Chef
01-04-08, 12:42 PM
That poster is pretty stupid - it looks like something out of the WWE.

JaxComet
01-04-08, 01:35 PM
the 16-0 record has nothing to do with it. There was no coaching genious involved in the Eagles and Ravens victories. Sometimes good teams are also lucky.

The coach of the year should be the coach of a team who has a season that was unexpected. Did anyone expect the Pats to win any less that 12-13 games?

Bad choice IMO........

Noonan
01-04-08, 01:50 PM
the 16-0 record has nothing to do with it. There was no coaching genious involved in the Eagles and Ravens victories. Sometimes good teams are also lucky.

The coach of the year should be the coach of a team who has a season that was unexpected. Did anyone expect the Pats to win any less that 12-13 games?

Bad choice IMO........
I agree with that point but you also have to consider all the work he did during the off season to acquire the players that made the team so dominating. That has to count for something.

JaxComet
01-04-08, 01:54 PM
I agree with that point but you also have to consider all the work he did during the off season to acquire the players that made the team so dominating. That has to count for something.

That basically adds up to Randy Moss. He has been that dominant. The Pats would have easily lost a few games without him. He's even helped to pump up Brady's stats a bit. About a half dozen of those 50 TD passes were not good throws. Moss just went up and got em.

chrisih8u
01-04-08, 01:59 PM

Bad choice IMO........

I dont know which of your points is more ridiculous. I dont see how you can just discredit all of the preperation and adjustments made to help the Patriots win against Philly and Baltimore. To just chalk it up to luck is absurd.

Also, when they change the name of the award to "Coach of the team that did better than we thought they would do" award, maybe we can discuss Romeo Crannel and Jon Gruden. Until then, it's a stupid philosophy

davidh777
01-04-08, 02:13 PM

There's a separate award for that.

aJOHNymous
01-04-08, 02:13 PM
Mike McCarthy, FTW

WAR McCarthy!!!!1

Noonan
01-04-08, 02:14 PM
That basically adds up to Randy Moss. He has been that dominant. The Pats would have easily lost a few games without him. He's even helped to pump up Brady's stats a bit. About a half dozen of those 50 TD passes were not good throws. Moss just went up and got em.
So Welker, Stallworth, and Thomas didn't help? I'd take the three of them over just Moss any day.

Qui Gon Jim
01-04-08, 02:20 PM
We'll say "When did I step into Bizarro world?"

Qui Gon Jim
01-04-08, 02:22 PM
About a half dozen of those 50 TD passes were not good throws. Moss just went up and got em.

Or they were thrown to where Moss could catch them. Brady's the man.

Maxwell Smart
01-04-08, 03:34 PM
What a lovely thread.

Rockmjd23
01-04-08, 03:37 PM
Even this patriot fan thinks this thread is lame. :lol:

VinVega
01-04-08, 03:45 PM
There's a thread for this, it's called THIS (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=521396)

You can continue your superiority rant there.

Closing duplicate.