Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Greek - Chapter One (Season 1) 03/18/08

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases
View Poll Results: Are you planning to buy/rent?
Yes
50.00%
No
50.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-07, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This show is about a super social sister (Spencer Grammer)
and her anti-social brother (Jacob Zachar) who are both dealing
with living the Greek life in college. The series focuses on a group
of college students in and out of the fraternity and sorority system
at a campus. Set at the fictitious Cyprus-Rhodes University, which
focuses on the social minefield that is the Greek system.

New episodes are scheduled to air starting in April 2008.
Greek - Chapter One Episodes:
1. Pilot
Spoiler:
First aired: 7/9/2007
Rusty begins his freshman year at Cyprus-Rhodes University determined to change his life and rush a fraternity. However, his sister Casey, who is already ensconced as a sorority siren, is not too keen on having her younger brother invade her world. From the start, Rusty and Caseys family bond is tested as Rusty heads into rush week and after meeting both her current and ex-boyfriends, he discovers that no one even knew Casey had a brother. Along the way, he also witnesses something that could hurt his sister but could also jeopardize his bid to the most prestigious fraternity.
2. Hazed and Confused
Spoiler:
First aired: 7/16/2007
In a bold and mischievous move, Casey attempts to punish Rebecca Logan for sleeping with Evan by giving her the most challenging scavenger hunt assignment during initiation week. Meanwhile, Rusty's experience with initiation week proves to be rather complicated when his commitment to Dale and an early physics exam come in direct conflict with Kappa Tau's beer pong competition against the Omega Chis.
3. The Rusty Nail
Spoiler:
First aired: 7/23/2007
It's mixer night on Greek Row and Rusty feels pressure to find a date so Cappie sets him up with a "sure thing." Meanwhile, Calvin volunteers to be the errand boy for Zeta Beta Zeta to help Ashleigh plan the military themed mixer party. However, Ashleigh confuses Calvin's enthusiasm for party planning with having a crush on her.
4. Picking Teams
Spoiler:
First aired: 7/30/2007
In the midst of the floor hockey tourney, Evan questions Casey's loyalty due to the fact that both her brother and ex-boyfriend are members of Kappa Tau. Meanwhile, athletically-challenged Rusty is desperate to play for the Kappa team so he enlists the help of Dale who suggests a scientific approach to the game.
5. Liquid Courage
Spoiler:
First aired: 8/6/2007
Cappie turns to Rusty for his brain power when the volcano for Kappa Tau's legendary Mt. Vesuvius party fails to erupt. Meanwhile, Casey and Evan are back on track as he introduces her to his powerful parents over dinner. But an unexpected appearance by Rebecca, a Senator's daughter, instantly bonds her to Evan's parents, leaving Casey to feel like an outsider with this blue-blood clan.
6. Friday Night Frights
Spoiler:
First aired: 8/13/2007
In Casey's bid to become president of Zeta Beta Zeta, she tries to win over her sorority pledges by throwing a slumber party that turns scary when the lights go out. Meanwhile, the same stormy night at Cyprus Rhodes University brings trouble for Cappie when he gets an unexpected visit from a beautiful and mysterious girl named Destiny.
7. Multiple Choice
Spoiler:
First aired: 8/20/2007
As mid-term week approaches, the pressure is building for Rusty as he is determined to maintain his grades while keeping up his social life at the fraternity. Of course, Cappie has the answers for him but is it the right thing to do? Cappie not only presents Rusty with an appealing offer of help but when he is partnered with Casey on a school project, Casey is tempted once again by her past.
8. Separation Anxiety
Spoiler:
First aired: 8/27/2007
After their community service chairwoman is unceremoniously dismissed from the sorority, the Zeta Beta Zetas must find a way to make up on lost time with their community service. Will Casey be able to work together with Dale on a charitable performance for the Bible Bunch? Meanwhile, a lovesick Rusty and Cappie try to distract themselves by escaping to the one place where woman are a sure thing.
9. Depth Perception
Spoiler:
First aired: 9/3/2007
Allies become enemies when both Casey and Frannie are nominated for the title of Omega Chi Sweetheart. Who will prevail in this the ultimate cat fight? Meanwhile, as Rusty's relationship with Jen K. heats up, he longs for more private time with her but his judgmental roommate Dale is always around, making it difficult for the two lovebirds to spend time alone.
10. Black & White And Read All Over
Spoiler:
First aired: 9/10/2007
When a scandalous story in the college newspaper hits stands trashing the Greek system, the brothers and sisters of Omega Chia, Zeta Beta Zeta and even Kappa Tau are in a frenzy to figure out who the undercover culprit could be. Meanwhile, after navigating some troubled waters with her boyfriend, Ashleigh turns to Calvin for support and even goes so far as to hit on him, only to learn he has a secret.
Kelsey Grammer's daughter Spencer is easy on the eyes.

Last edited by bigjim25; 12-28-07 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-28-07, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will probably rent this. been hearing good things. why is it referred to as chapter one instead of season one though?
Old 12-28-07, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
It's actually referred to as Chapter One because Season 1 was split into 2 parts. This 1st part was 10 episodes and the 2nd half was 10 more episodes (airing sometime in 2008). However, production got shut down after 8 episodes.

I thought it was a very good summer series and is definitely a worthy rental if you didn't catch it.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

It's all "Greek" to ABC Family, which has picked up 10 more episodes of the college-set drama.
ABC Family initially greenlit 10 segs of "Greek"; the additional order, confirmed Tuesday, brings the show's season-one tally up to 20 episodes.

The new episodes will run on the cabler in early 2008. Four episodes of "Greek" have run so far; the show continues to grow in ABC Family's core female 12-34 demo, averaging 476,000 viewers in the measurement last week.

"Greek" has received additional runs on the cabler's sister ABC broadcast web as well.

Show, from Piller/Segan, revolves around a group of students who struggle to adapt to college life while navigating the world of fraternities and sororities. Patrick Sean Smith created and co-exec produces "Greek," while Shawn Piller and Lloyd Segan exec produce. Gil Junger directed the series pilot.

"Greek" stars Jacob Zachar, Spencer Grammer, Scott Michael Foster, Jake McDorman, Clark Duke, Dilshad Vadsaria, Paul James and Amber Stevens.

Last edited by DJariya; 12-28-07 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-29-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You know what, for under $20, I'll probably take the plunge.

I loved the series and it was definitely awesome to catch a nice show in the summer. And I was very sad that there were so few episodes!
Old 12-29-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This show got better and better with each episode and by the third episode I was completely hooked. It just a very entertaining/funny summer series. ABC Family Struck gold with their one-two punch: Greek/Kyle XY
Old 12-29-07, 07:08 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Up for Pre-order on Amazon for $16.99...MSPR is set at $29.99, so this might be an error, jump quick!
Old 12-31-07, 09:36 AM

Not that it particularly matters I suppose, but I wish they had used the artwork from the print ads and posters that were out around the time of the series' debut, with the picture of the cast in/around the Solo keg cup.
Old 12-31-07, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Oakland
Not that it particularly matters I suppose, but I wish they had used the artwork from the print ads and posters that were out around the time of the series' debut, with the picture of the cast in/around the Solo keg cup.
Hopefully they are saving that for the volume 2 release... I really liked that poster.
Old 12-31-07, 07:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I only caught the first episode of this, but really enjoyed it, and for the Amazon price I went ahead and preordered it. Can't wait until March so I can see the rest.
Old 02-28-08, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by HyperWeather
I only caught the first episode of this, but really enjoyed it...Can't wait until March so I can see the rest.
I know...Mar. 24th is almost here, FINALLY!!!

I just saw this new sneak peek, for Greek! I can’t wait to see what happens with Casey and Rebecca (...although, I’m praying that it involves Rebecca falling off of a cliff, somehow...).

And, this could be Evan’s chance to redeem himself and stick up for Calvin and his position in Omega Chi, now that he’s been outed...