Reload this Page >

Help with Watership Down DVD

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-28-07, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daughter is fascinated by Watership Down, and when she saw the movie on TV, it was all that much better. So, I have been searching for DVD copies, which it seems are now out-of-print.

I have stumbled across a couple of sellers on eBay claiming to have keep case copies of this (I was only able to find information about a snap case version at legit sources) from Warner. They state that they are not bootlegs or copies, and the keep case version was "only available for a limited time before going oop".

Anyone know if this is legit? Did they make a keep case edition? And/or anyone want to suggest a really good edition of this I might be able to find?

I realize this is not your blockbuster movie that everyone will have or know about, but any help is truly appreciated.
Old 12-28-07, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From another WD thread:

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
There's an SE available in R4 (Australia) with a director's commentary, still gallery, rabbit word glossary and more. It's 16x9 anamorphic, too.
Old 12-28-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks...I had seen that version, and she does have a region-free player, the only thing that stopped me was that a couple of detailed reviews I saw said that while all the extras were great the picture quality was extremely disappointing, even WORSE than the poor US release.