Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Reminder: DVD Tracker shutting down at the end of the year...

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-27-07, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any of you who haven't visited your collection site there for some time, if you haven't noticed by now, up at the top there's a notice that it's being taken down on 12/31/07.

http://www.dvdtracker.com/

So you probably will want to get over there and download a .csv export of your collection if you have one set up over there.

Earlier thread here on my inquiry on places to move collection to.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....ht=DVD+Tracker

I'd actually be interested in finding out if anyone's done any Excel macros to replicate entry/search functionality there yet.

I might do them myself, with an ability to export to web pages or something like that too, but haven't had time to do it yet.

I have too heavy an investment in my collection data not to lose any of it if other sites don't have fields to import some of it with.
Old 12-28-07, 09:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The sister site CD-Tracker is going down then, too. LaserDiscTracker died months ago, without warning. I hate that this is happening because DVDTracker was the only site that would let me:

1) Revise the title of a release to whatever I wanted it to say, rather than their pre-established one (which also allowed me to have a more accurate Wish List than competing tracking systems, since I didn't have to wait for them to load a title into their database first).

2) Add really oddball, ultra-rare or unique titles (some of the Best Buy/Circuit City/Target exclusive bonus DVDs still apply here) or DVD-Rs I burned of unofficial releases (like music concerts).

3) Perform an average between the suggested retail price and the price I paid without having to know anything about Excel formulas.

Can anyone suggest any other tracking sites on the web that offer these features?
Old 12-28-07, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 432 Likes on 296 Posts
Wish I could've gotten my data off of laserdisctracker.