Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Where's the Baywatch fans/season 4 dvd MIA

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-23-07, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya Ya i know many people are not too fond of the show. I've got to admit it, most of the plot is horrendous and the acting is far from mediocre. I've just always had a love for the beach and ya I guess women lol. That pretty much makes the show right there.

They finally started putting the show on dvd. They released season's 1-3 all within about 5 months. It's been nearly a year since the last season and we've yet to get season 4 on dvd. Anyone know what's going on?

The dvd's were a huge disgrace as far as seasons are concerned. They changed the theme song and all other songs that aired throughout the season. Also, due to network/copyright laws they were unable to keep all episodes.

And of course the killer of them all...Season 1 is actually season 2 etc. So we're basically looking for season 5 of baywatch but it will be named season 4.

The Germans got pristine releases of the series. I think they're up to season 8 or so and have all episodes and music intact.

Oh well I just figured I'd post up a little backround on the sets and hopefully someone knows when the next season is coming out. -Mike
Old 12-23-07, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, no word on the next release.

I got my husband all the seasons, and will get him the ones that are left if they just release them.

Maybe the sales weren't good for the first three releases, so they're not releasing the remainder.
Old 12-23-07, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 291 Posts
I think most people were pissed about all of the music edits.
Old 12-23-07, 04:59 PM

Tell me about it....

I doubt they pulled it especially since there was no announcement but who knows. The sets were priced cheap as hell...I payed about $20/season.
Old 12-23-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mike2
The Germans got pristine releases of the series. I think they're up to season 8 or so and have all episodes and music intact.
Proving once again, Germans love David Hasselhoff.
Old 12-24-07, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
I bought season 1 and 2, but soon dumped them because I couldn't stand the music edits. There was no excuse for replacing the theme song, which got me fired up to watch the show. I tried to watch a few of the episodes on the sets, but the music just killed it for me.
Old 12-24-07, 06:50 AM

Ya the Hoffs career in the US just didn't spark like it did in Germany. But I agree with Jariva, the music is just horrible. I remember certain songs during the episodes that were changed and just made no sense.