Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Journeyman---"Perfidia"---Series Finale--12/19/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-07, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Journeyman---"Perfidia"---Series Finale--12/19/07

Don't forget everyone the final episode Journeyman airs Wednesday night at 10pm. I guess we won't see Dan Vasser and company again until "Journeyman: The Complete Series" hits DVD shelves. Hopefully FOX will decide to release it in the near future.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Dan meets another time traveler (Don McManus), whom he agrees to help reunite with a past love; Livia lands in the present just as her wedding in the past is about to happen; Jack seeks answers from Elliot; and Katie panics when she finds blood at home, but no Dan.

Old 12-19-07, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The series is ending just when it takes an interesting turn.
Old 12-19-07, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
Where was the cancellation news?!?!?
Old 12-19-07, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Superman07
Where was the cancellation news?!?!?
It was in one of the weekly Journeyman threads IIRC. Here's a snippet from E!Online about it: http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristi...d-8fc1af7eb40c
Old 12-19-07, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sucks.

Oh well. Here's hoping they genuinely are able to wrap this up somewhat cleanly without bashing the butterfly images into our heads like last week.

While NBC has essentially cancelled this show, I'm still maintaining that if the strike perpetuates long enough to prevent new pilots that they will be forced to bring this show back next fall....
Old 12-19-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I also hope that the strike lasts so long that they rerun this, and people watch. Not realistic, but I love this show.
Old 12-19-07, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
This show gets better each week. I can't believe it's over.
Looking back, why didn't they air this show in an earlier timeslot so kids could watch it? This show wasn't raunchy or violent, so kids could have watched it. It didn't need to air last in NBC's primetime Monday schedule each week. Perhaps in an earlier timeslot it would have brought in bigger numbers.

Last edited by Joe Schmoe; 12-19-07 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-19-07, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
This show gets better each week. I can't believe it's over.
Looking back, why didn't they air this show in an earlier timeslot so kids could watch it? This show wasn't raunchy or violent, so kids could have watched it. It didn't need to air last in NBC's primetime Monday schedule each week. Perhaps in an earlier timeslot it would have brought in bigger numbers.
That's what I think as well.
Old 12-19-07, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk God

This was defininitely not a 10pm show. I think if NBC would have put this on Wednesday's at 8 or 9pm, it would have done so much better.

Maybe the 9pm Heroes' audience goes to bed at 10pm??

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this show ends tonight.
Old 12-19-07, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by JuryDuty
It was in one of the weekly Journeyman threads IIRC. Here's a snippet from E!Online about it: http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristi...d-8fc1af7eb40c
According to other online sources it's still just a rumor - started by the fact they passed on the deadline to extend season 1. Makes sense honestly because of this whole writer's strike nonsense.
Old 12-19-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk God

The problem with not extending it to a full season is you lose the rights to your talent after 13 episodes. Now McKidd and the rest of the cast are free to pursue other projects. If by some miracle the show is saved, McKidd may not be available.
Old 12-19-07, 10:11 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Amazing that NBC had a permanent promo for Law & order in the left bottom corner while the show was running.

Shows that they only cared about promoting a show with life, not a show thats fading to black ...

Very good episode. Very sad to see it go ....
Old 12-19-07, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Well, I have to say this show sure went out with class. The writers did a stellar job of wrapping just about every loose end up in this finale. This will make a great 13-hour DVD mini-series.
Old 12-19-07, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 627 Posts
Excellent episode. I am so disappointed that it's all over. All the crap that gets airtime these days and a great show like this is never given a chance. Gotta make room for more insipid prime-time game shows.
Old 12-20-07, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great episode, maybe even better than Monday's. I loved the whole Evan angle. I liked that they gave us a bit of closure about the scientist, but I wish they'd actually given some real answers... although they would have been bound to be disappointing. Such a waste of a great show. Hopefully Dan can figure out someway to go back in time and get this show a second season.
Old 12-20-07, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The end with the scientist (especially in the elevator) seemed a bit rushed. The turn it took with him refusing to admit he knew Dan seemed so mysterious, but the explanation was forced and tacked on.
It makes me wonder if the writer's knew this was most likely the last episode and tied it up neater than they would have liked. if so I would love to know what they originally intended.

Anyway, great episode, great series, and very sad. This was the first time I can remember ever watching a show, loving it, and yet still knowing it was cancelled. I got the same melancholy feeling watching the last episode of Freaks and Geeks and Firefly, but that was only after the fact on DVD. It's worse "live".

Last edited by DeputyDave; 12-20-07 at 01:30 AM.
Old 12-20-07, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Sad to see this show go...hope by some miracle this show comes back
Old 12-20-07, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Although I believe the series could have gone on longer, I thought it was a really classy "series finale." I'm sad to see it go, but I think for me the series ended on a really satisfying note. The final scene with Katie finally seeing Dan disappear and the long angle zoom into her eye was a beautifully shot sequence.

IMO, this would have been a perfect show for the USA Network instead of NBC.
Old 12-20-07, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I too am surprised that they were able to give a decent wrap up to the show. Sure, some of the things were rushed, but I think all told they did the best they could, and it was a semi-satisfying ending to the show.

I'll miss it.
Old 12-20-07, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The final scene was awesome. It was the perfect end: you're happy if this is actually the last episode, but it's wide open for more.
Old 12-20-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What was with the green hue in the time travelled scenes?

And what's the better power: the ability to only go back in time, or to only go forward in time (but also return their normal timeline like Livia does)?
Old 12-20-07, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
What was with the green hue in the time travelled scenes?

And what's the better power: the ability to only go back in time, or to only go forward in time (but also return their normal timeline like Livia does)?
No doubt it'd be Livia's. It'd be hard to screw anything up, like when Dan erased his son. Plus it'd be profitable to go forward and see what stocks were doing well, then come back and use the info to help yourself.
Old 12-20-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
Great episode to end on, although it shouldn't be ending at all. The title song...I think I recognized it somewhere on Dexter as well.
Old 12-20-07, 10:05 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
The final scene was awesome. It was the perfect end: you're happy if this is actually the last episode, but it's wide open for more.
My thoughts exactly. They answered a lot of questions, but left it open ended without leaving us confused or feeling stranded.

I'm hoping against hope that some miracle brings this show back.
Old 12-20-07, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
I imagine backward would be easier, seeing as how you can learn a lot more about your past than your future, plus there's little temptation to steal stuff. If I traveled from 1948 to 2007, I'd be sorely tempted to take a bunch of the tech with me.

None of which explains why Livia knows the exact date she travels to. In the scene where she must have been plucked from the bathroom (wet hair), I don't see where she would have had time to read a newspaper, yet she tells Dan the exact date.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.