Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Circuit City:No Bonus "Halloween" Disc

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-18-07, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there at 8:00 this morning to get the advertised bonus disc with Zombie's Halloween. They didn't know what I was talking about! Surprise!
I had to leave my name and number. They said they would call "if" they came in. That just sucks! I'm in Sacramento. I made them call other stores. No one knew anything about the bonus disc.
Old 12-18-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
There is sticker on packeage on the case. My cc only had one row of Halloween on the new release kiosk. Surprising for a fairly large release
Old 12-18-07, 11:45 AM

There is no amount of bonus (ok maybe a Michael Myers mask or something really cool) that would motivate me to go to Circuit City this time of year and wait in line forever at the checkout at customer service. I got the 3D cover at Best Buy and waited in line for maybe a minute and a half.
Old 12-18-07, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's on the bonus disc? Argh. I want the BB lenticular cover AND any bonus disc. I might have to go to CC for it, if it's worth it.
Old 12-18-07, 11:58 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scottp120
There is no amount of bonus (ok maybe a Michael Myers mask or something really cool) that would motivate me to go to Circuit City this time of year and wait in line forever at the checkout at customer service. I got the 3D cover at Best Buy and waited in line for maybe a minute and a half.
It is the opposite here. BB has the lines, and CC is like a ghost town. The only time I have ever had to wait behind more than one person (seriously) at CC was on a Black Friday. BB always has people in line.

Seemed like Hatchet was selling better at CC than Halloween was. They only had one left of Hatchet. Like the above poster stated, the Halloween with the bonus disk had a sticker on the front stating so.
Old 12-18-07, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
It is the opposite here. BB has the lines, and CC is like a ghost town. The only time I have ever had to wait behind more than one person (seriously) at CC was on a Black Friday. BB always has people in line.

Seemed like Hatchet was selling better at CC than Halloween was. They only had one left of Hatchet. Like the above poster stated, the Halloween with the bonus disk had a sticker on the front stating so.
I made the sales clerk tear open one of the unrated 2-disc sets to see if the bonus disc was there. It wasn't... So it appears the bonus discs are out there, somewhere, like the golden ticket in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."
Old 12-18-07, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea, count me in as one who has completely written off Circuit City as a place to shop........yuk!!! I get ill just thinking about it.
Old 12-18-07, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FILMCZY
I made the sales clerk tear open one of the unrated 2-disc sets to see if the bonus disc was there. It wasn't... So it appears the bonus discs are out there, somewhere, like the golden ticket in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."

LOL!

I don't prefer any store over any other. I usually make my choice by whatever exclusive I prefer. Are the CC's in your area the older ones? I remember the old one in my area was pretty dark inside. The new one is actually nice.
Old 12-18-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by C_Fletch
Yea, count me in as one who has completely written off Circuit City as a place to shop........yuk!!! I get ill just thinking about it.
Agreed. this is why I am so adamant about knowing what is on the CC exclusive before going there. If it the disc is worth it, I will mentally prepare myself and go there. If not, I'll go to BB and take advantage of the $5 off deal with "Evil Dead".
Old 12-18-07, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Was the bonus disc only in the DC, or were there some in the theatrical, too? I'd like to get the 3-D cover at BB and the bonus disc at CC without buying two copies of any one version.
Old 12-18-07, 12:54 PM
Banned

It was only on the Directors cut at the store I went to.
Old 12-18-07, 01:00 PM

The CC I went to appeared to only have the Unrated DC of Halloween. They had tons of them on sale for $17.99 and they all had a white sticker on the outside promoting the exclusive CC bonus disc on the inside. I opened my copy and the third bonus disc was in a white sleeve with clear round window. It says something like Halloween - Circuit City exclusive disc on a black ring around the center hole. I'm not sure what's on it or how long it is but hope to find out later tonight.
Old 12-18-07, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bonus disc info - runtime 20 minutes. features panel interview with Rob and Sherry Zombie, Tyler Mane and the girl who played Laurie(name escapes me at the moment) taken from Comicon 2007.
Old 12-18-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

can someone buy this and sell it to me with the Bonus disc,I will pay for disc,shipping and a $5 finder's fee. Please someone help me out,I will pay through Paypal,and pm me if someone can do this for me.
Old 12-18-07, 01:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TNAJason
can someone buy this and sell it to me with the Bonus disc,I will pay for disc,shipping and a $5 finder's fee. Please someone help me out,I will pay through Paypal,and pm me if someone can do this for me.
If you would've posted this last night, i would've done it for you when I was out today and you wouldn't have needed to pay a finders fee. It's a hour and a half round trip to CC from my house, or I would go get you one today.
Old 12-18-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I went to CC on my break and found one no problem. They had at least 5 more.
Old 12-18-07, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Circuit City just keeps going downhill. ppppppppppeeesssssssssss
Old 12-18-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
bonus disc info - runtime 20 minutes. features panel interview with Rob and Sherry Zombie, Tyler Mane and the girl who played Laurie(name escapes me at the moment) taken from Comicon 2007.
Thanks! you saved me a trip to Circuit City.
Old 12-18-07, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My Circuit City was chock-full of bonus disc Halloween Unrateds.

And my Best Buy was chock full of rated and unrated Halloweens (with the case).

So everything worked out over here.
Old 12-18-07, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by kaze0
Circuit City just keeps going downhill. ppppppppppeeesssssssssss
They are already at the bottom of the hill.
Old 12-18-07, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I read somewhere that it was gonna be "45 minutes of extra content including a behind-the-scenes look at Rob Zombie's Halloween."
Old 12-18-07, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, it says 45 mins on the sticker or ad. Hmmm if its only 20 mins, that sucks. I have it but havent watched it yet. Picked up the 2 disc hatchet as well.
Old 12-18-07, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
Yeah, it says 45 mins on the sticker or ad. Hmmm if its only 20 mins, that sucks. I have it but havent watched it yet. Picked up the 2 disc hatchet as well.
Please let me know how long it is if you if you're able to watch it soon. If it's only 20 minutes, I may just get the 3D cover one instead. Thanks!
Old 12-18-07, 05:36 PM

i dont prefer any store over the other. i live about 1 min from both of them they are right next to each other they are both less than 2 years old they opened about 3 weeks apart (BEST BUY FIRST). best buy is always busy but they have 6 registers open at all time and circuit city only has one register but they are never busy. didnt see any bonus disc at CC so bought the best buy version. also there is a target but i dnt shop there much. if any 1 wants to no i live in boston and any 1 that lives in boston knows where it is.

Last edited by cc21392; 12-18-07 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-18-07, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just popped it in and sure enough, its only 20 mins... WTF?!?!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.