Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Journeyman---"The Hanged Man"---12/17/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-07, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Journeyman---"The Hanged Man"---12/17/07

Well, we are in the home stretch. This is a 2-part episode that will continue Wednesday at 10pm.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Dan is sent to rescue a mother and son in an RV hanging from a cliff. Upon his return to the present, he realizes there are dire consequences to leaving things behind in the past when Zack goes missing. Meanwhile, Katie's sister (Melinda McGraw) visits and believes Dan needs help.
Old 12-17-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk God

I'm still really bummed that Monday and Wednesday are the final 2 episodes of the series. Hopefully Kevin Falls statement that episode 13 working as a series finale will stay true.
Old 12-17-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be watching but if NBC doesnt count DVR's then I guess it really doesn't matter.
Looking forward to the episode(s) though.
Old 12-17-07, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didnt see last weeks and wont see tonight or wednesday... theyre all being recorded and I'll see a mini marathon for its farewell. Fucking NBC, right when the show was kicking some ass.
Old 12-17-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts
That was quite honestly one of the best hours of non-cable TV I've seen in ages. I think it might rival the S3 finale of Lost. It blew my mind in every sense of the word.

Last edited by Vipper II; 12-17-07 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-17-07, 10:04 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

While shows like 'The Biggest Loser' go on, shows like these go bye-bye.

This country is filled with a 'Dick In The Box' mentality and I'm nauseated by it.
Old 12-17-07, 10:54 PM
Banned

I weep for a world that has no interest in such a fine program as this. Kudos to all involved.

Langley has to be messing with Dan and the connection between his Dad and Langley certainly gives more credence to him being another traveler but the psychic only found 2 birth dates associated with it (Dan's and Livia's).
Old 12-17-07, 11:36 PM

wow. just wow. one of the best episodes by far. every dad with son had to do a bit of thinking in this one. cannot believe the show is ending though. maybe since the rice-a-roni shipments are in full force. if and when a DVD set comes out, maybe we could pull a Family Guy scenario. afterall that was brought back due to the strong DVD sales. this set couldnt be much for 12 episodes. buy 2 and give one to a friend. this show shouldnt end while the constant promos for garbage is put on TV. honestly, i was bothered by the almost (felt like) hour-long "biggest loser finale" tag on the screen. maybe a lil promoting from NBC wouldve helped us all. Only promo i heard all week for this new episode of journeyman was attached to my local news promo.
Old 12-18-07, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Yeah but we still have "Clash of the Choirs "........

Glad I'm done with tv, period. It's seasons on dvd when they are over, I'm SICK of this shit.
Old 12-18-07, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
NBC probably figured there was no reason to waste time promoting it. They had already sealed the show's fate anyway. I'm just glad we're getting the last two episodes.

Of all the new NBC shows this year this one had the most potential...too bad. And we never even got a Ray Stevenson guest appearance.
Old 12-18-07, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
I'm not a regular viewer of this show but I enjoyed tonight's ep. I'm going to try to catch Wednesday's airing.
Old 12-18-07, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
No comments about Livia's jiggly lil' outfit? Man, that woman is HAWT!

Seriously though... an awesome episode. I won't miss this show that much, but it still saddens me that a decent show like this gets the axe for crappy-ass gameshows and reality TV. Of course, since I also liked Wonderfalls, Keen Eddie, Popular, Veronica Mars, and Twin Peaks, I'm kind of used to stuff being canceled...
Old 12-18-07, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Great Great episode!! I think the series is really on a high note right now. It's too bad this couldn't get a full 22 episode season. I would love Dan and Livia's adventures to continue.......I can't blame reality TV, game shows etc for this show's demise. Science Fiction has never done well with mass audiences and this show seems to have a really small, but loyal fan base. If this aired on USA Network or even Sci Fi channel, I can almost guarantee it would have gotten renewed for a full season or even a 2nd season.
Old 12-18-07, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, I just watched the last two episodes together and this show is borderline amazing. I love how they've dealt with the repercussions of Dan always having to "leave" over the run of this season.

It absolutely sucks that this show is going away. It can't be that expensive to shoot can it? I agree with DJariya, that I wish this ran on USA or something first. It would be a good compliment to the stable of shows they run on that network.
Old 12-18-07, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My favorite episode of the series (they keep getting better and better). Liked how everything that happened in the alternate universe wasnt just thrown away when he fixed it, since everything was the same except he had a daughter instead of a son (minus the obvious tech advancements). Only thing I didnt like was that he threw the camera in the garbage...seems like he could have jumped as soon as he got the camera...plus just because its broke doesnt mean someone couldnt do something with it...didnt he see Terminator 2?

^^Thats what I dont get...why doesnt NBC repurpose this show for cable and see what happens? Journeyman's numbers would be fantastic on cable...is there just an assumption that people won't follow to cable? It just makes me angry that this show is being cancelled because some idiots at NBC apparently thought a new show could beat an already established show, and when that didnt happen, it was never given a chance in a different time slot or on an alternate network.
Old 12-18-07, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Good point. Since NBC owns Sci-Fi, why not move it to there? Man, this is an excellent show. Gotten better and better each episode. They didn't even put on a promo for Wednesday's finale, so most viewers won't even know it's on.
Old 12-18-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Loved the episode. Loved the addition of the Sister too. I guess people can't visit that houshold without suspecting something is terribly wrong.
Poor Dan!
Old 12-18-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ENDContra
My favorite episode of the series (they keep getting better and better). Liked how everything that happened in the alternate universe wasnt just thrown away when he fixed it, since everything was the same except he had a daughter instead of a son (minus the obvious tech advancements). Only thing I didnt like was that he threw the camera in the garbage...seems like he could have jumped as soon as he got the camera...plus just because its broke doesnt mean someone couldnt do something with it...didnt he see Terminator 2?
I thought the same thing but i guess he didn't want to take a chance that the goons would get it from him before he jumped. The T2 thing is unlikely because the only person who might guess/or look for the camera in the trash was shot.
Old 12-18-07, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

FUCK NBC! How did they not renew this show????
Old 12-18-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I hate to see this go. All my shows are being canned.

I think they need to start finding good ways to put product placement into shows so that they can start to evaluate DVR numbers better. As a result, the people over 50 are driving what we watch because they have the fewest DVRs.
Old 12-18-07, 08:12 PM

The fact that they are airing ep 13 on Wed says a couple things to me. One they don't want to bother with it in the new year, and two they don't want to alienate the fans by not airing it at all. Sure the strike has something to do with that but still....

Last nights ep was really good. Lots of tension.
Old 12-18-07, 09:06 PM

Wow. Just finished watching this one. Terrific stuff. Will be really sad to see it go. Definitely really good television.

Ciao,
Smiths (now GE) Guy
Old 12-18-07, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts
This show is by far the best thing on tv right now, it sucks that it's likely cancelled. (Although it did bug me a bit that with so much changing in the altered timeline with the new tech, they're still having the same family members over the same night?)

And yes, Moon Bloodgood is one serious babe.
Old 12-18-07, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For anyone who is interested. You can download the theme song on Itunes.
Old 12-18-07, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
Great episode...and yeah I'll be buying the DVD, first because I love the show, secondly to show support.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.