Search this Thread

Old 12-16-07, 10:45 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Dexter *Season Finale* - "The British Invasion" - 12/16/07

"The British Invasion"
Spoiler:
Lundy and the FBI settle the case of the Bay Harbor Butcher; Dexter's world becomes an inferno.
Old 12-16-07, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cannot wait! little more than one hour to go ...
Old 12-16-07, 09:24 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
A good, disturbing season finale. I'd love to see Michael C. Hall win a Golden Globe this year.

Spoiler:
I can't believe Doakes died, but if he hadn't, then no more "Dexter."
Old 12-17-07, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I enjoyed the season finale, but I had been hoping that

Spoiler:
Dexter would show up at the cabin with Lila there, and that he and Doakes would end up setting her up as the Bay Habor Butcher. It would have been fairly easy to make it look like Lila had been holding Doakes hostage and that she planted all of the evidence against him. Plus with how crazy she had been acting, it wouldn't have taken much for everyone to believe it. With some of the conversations Dexter and Doakes had been having as of late, I could see Doakes possibly going along with that and then coming back to the police force next season and actually helping Dexter continue his work, have Dexter help him, or at least turn a blind eye to it all. That would kind of go against Doakes' established character, but after talking with the real Dexter and seeing that he really does abide by his "code" and all, I think it could have made for a very interesting season next year.
Old 12-17-07, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really liked the shot when Dexter was in the fire and he grabbed that pitchfork-looking thing to hit at the door. It was a cool "Dexter Burning in Hellfire" visual reference.

I also liked the off-kilter nod to the opening credits.
Old 12-17-07, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I loved the finale. This show plays with expectations and structure so much. They basically resolved the BHB arc in the beginning of the show, which lends itself to being in the last few scenes. Instead they made Lila's story the big deal, and they almost fool you into thinking she got away, then the Paris epilogue.

Overall I liked this season better, but I felt the season one finale was better or atleast more exciting. I loved how it was a mirror of last years though, with Deb saving Dex.
Old 12-17-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I knew dexter would eventually hunt her down, I thought maybe they would leave that for the first episode or two for next season. At least there is a nice clean finish, so they have a blank slate to start with for S3. Sounds like dex doesn't need/want to use the code anymore, so it will be interesting to see if he turns even darker next time around.
Old 12-17-07, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I though it was funny how Dex got his mojo back, even after realizing how horrifying he had become to his father as his father's response to actually seeing Dexter's killing instinct on display was to kill himself.
Old 12-17-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, next season should be really interesting.
Old 12-17-07, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i get the impression that this episode could have also doubled as a series ender if it does not come back in 2008.
Old 12-17-07, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I also liked the off-kilter nod to the opening credits.
I thought that part was frigging awesome. Two years into the show, to plop the opening credits sequence into the main storyline, certainly helped make the finale seem like an event...
Old 12-17-07, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kms_md
i get the impression that this episode could have also doubled as a series ender if it does not come back in 2008.
Me too.

Great season! Hope it comes back.
Old 12-17-07, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Worms
Me too.

Great season! Hope it comes back.
They had a preview for 2008, so it will definitely be back.

Love the show, but really have to suspend disbelief. No way would they have really thought Doakes was guilty, eventually they would have been on to Dexter.
Old 12-17-07, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by johnnysd

Love the show, but really have to suspend disbelief. No way would they have really thought Doakes was guilty, eventually they would have been on to Dexter.
It doesn't matter what they think, all of the evidence points to him. Hard to argue with. It's one of the reasons Dexter does what he does, the justice system isn't perfect.
Old 12-17-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

IIRC, all the scenes shown were from the current season.
Old 12-17-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have a feeling next season we will see LaGuarta take on the Doakes role of being suspicious of Dexter.

She will start to wonder why Doakes was always harassing him. Eventually, she will have to ask herself, if Doakes was a serial killer, wouldn't he have just killed Dexter?
Old 12-17-07, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Woah. Just as I was getting pissed when it faded to black, it came back up and Dex got Lila in Paris. Fucking awesome ending to the best show on TV. I will miss the show until next year.
Old 12-17-07, 10:10 PM

Doesn't mean nothing. They still have not renewed the show as far as I can tell. Last season it was renewed by the 3rd episode.
Old 12-17-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
So, Showtime saying the show coming back in 2008 isn't enough to believe them?

It's also got some Golden Globe nods, and a few times the show broke Showtime's viewership records. There's no way they aren't bringing it back.
Old 12-17-07, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones
So, Showtime saying the show coming back in 2008 isn't enough to believe them?

It's also got some Golden Globe nods, and a few times the show broke Showtime's viewership records. There's no way they aren't bringing it back.
I am sure you are right. But this day and age you never know.
Old 12-17-07, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Big Worms
Doesn't mean nothing. They still have not renewed the show as far as I can tell. Last season it was renewed by the 3rd episode.
Good news!

Originally Posted by E! Online
When the panel moderator, Us Weekly critic and friend of WWK John Griffiths, asked the assembled actors and producers about the likelihood of a pickup for season three, they immediately turned to the crowd and punted the question to one particularly influential audience member: Showtime president Robert Greenblatt. Greenblatt, bless him, immediately shouted his response with absolutely no hesitation and lots of enthusiasm: "Yes!" Woo-hoo!
Source: http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristi...3-17a0199318b3
Old 12-18-07, 08:40 AM

I heard Michael C. Hall on the Ron and Fez show a few weeks ago, and according to him Dexter will be back for a third season. Obviously, actors have been wrong before, but I think we will see another season. If this were HBO I wouldn't be as confident about it coming back.

Edit: If Dexter doesn't come back for some reason, at least we are lucky enough to have watched a great series that didn't go down hill like many shows that try to run 8 season do.
Old 12-18-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
Woah. Just as I was getting pissed when it faded to black, it came back up and Dex got Lila in Paris. Fucking awesome ending to the best show on TV. I will miss the show until next year.
Totally agree. More than one network show should take notice how a series can create numerous arcs and bring 'em all to a very satisfying resolution.

I love this show.
Old 12-18-07, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dexter was picked up for a third season weeks ago...however with the writers strike ongoing, it might not matter. Great finale...can't believe the season went by so fast!
Old 12-19-07, 03:18 PM

pale like a fucking corpse!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.