Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: China - **Season Finale, Sunday, 12/16/07 at 8:00 pm EST**

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be the Sole Survivor?
Amanda
69.57%
Courtney
4.35%
Denise
21.74%
Todd
4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-07, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Episode 13

Title:

Spoiler:
A Slippery Little Sucker

Description:

The finalists are questioned by the jury members, who cast their votes for the winner. Jeff Probst is the host.

So, who's it gonna be???
Old 12-15-07, 08:03 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I'm rooting for Denise.

But I'll take anyone but Courtney.
Old 12-15-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm rooting for (in order):

Todd - Sure he made some enemies along the way and that will keep him from winning but he had great strategy throughout.

Amanda- She comes off as a nice girl but shes a player. Everyone on the show must love her but shes a trick. Gotta respect that in this game. She stuck behind Todd while he pulled the strings. I like Todd over her because Todd set it all up and she tagged along for the most part. After the show is over I'm rooting for an uncensored DVD with her ass without the censors.

Denise- Not really the best strategist. She's a good person (although her reasoning for not taking PG on the reward was cold). She'll get votes if she makes it to the final two. I'm just not a fan of hers.

Courtney- As a person I think shes great personality. At the show she sucks. Shes only there because everyone knows shes an easy out in any immunity challenge. I can't root for a person that flat out sucks at everything in the game. She'll win if up against Todd and I personally think thats a sham. Todd may have been a dick but the jury should respect his game and strategy over Courtney's luck.

The only final tribal council set up that would be fun to watch would be Todd vs. Courtney. Everyone will be hating on them and then they'll have to vote for one of them. Thats better TV then having the jury praise Denise and Amanda.

I'm also hoping James finally rips into Jaime and PG for throwing that challenge. Hopefully he'll point out how PG said she played with honor yet threw an important challenge.

Last edited by Goat3001; 12-15-07 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-16-07, 02:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting this, no idea the finale was on Sunday. I'm rooting for Amanda, Todd has done too much backstabbing, Denise and Courtney haven't done much to deserve a million dollars.
Old 12-16-07, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
I'm rooting for Amanda. I cannot stand the other three. This season is almost equal to Vanuatu as one of my least favorite seasons.

2 things I'm looking forward to on Sunday besides finding out who won:
1. Will Courtney have gained any weight in the reunion show...Doubtful.
2. More details about All-Stars 2 for Spring.
Old 12-16-07, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Goat3001

Courtney- As a person I think shes great personality. At the show she sucks. Shes only there because everyone knows shes an easy out in any immunity challenge. I can't root for a person that flat out sucks at everything in the game. She'll win if up against Todd and I personally think thats a sham. Todd may have been a dick but the jury should respect his game and strategy over Courtney's luck.

The only final tribal council set up that would be fun to watch would be Todd vs. Courtney. Everyone will be hating on them and then they'll have to vote for one of them. Thats better TV then having the jury praise Denise and Amanda.
Unless the jury is crazy bitter I honestly don't think Courtney would beat anybody. She just really doesn't have anything in her favor to argue (although admittedly I'd like to see her try...we might have the first insane scorched Earth arguments since Clay in Thailand...and she's a lot funnier than Clay). I mean, really, do you see Jean-Robert voting for Courtney? As long as Todd didn't screw himself he'd have it in the bag. That having been said his lack of humility is a definite problem for him. So, maybe a contrite Courtney would have a shot (I just don't think she has that in her...and, really, who would buy it).

This thing is Amanda's to lose. Todd has to know that right?
Old 12-16-07, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by mwbmis

This thing is Amanda's to lose. Todd has to know that right?
I'm not sold on that. Amanda NEEDS to win immunity to make it to the final two. Shes gotta be a favorite physically against any combonation of the other three but the last challenge is always the endurance one and with this group its a toss up. If Amanda doesn't win she's likely a goner. They all know that shes a jury favorite and they'll take the first opporitunity to cut her loose. I wouldn't be surprised if they vote out Amanda over Denise in the first tribal but I think both Courtney and Todd want to stick to their alliance ties.

Since she is a jury favorite I doubt anyone will want to take her to the final two. So since she needs to win immunity I can't consider her a favorite. Meanwhile both Amanda and Denise are itching to be in a final two with Todd. So odds are that Todd will easily finish in at least second place, without having to win immunity, and will be up against Courtney.
Old 12-16-07, 04:55 AM

Denise- Not really the best strategist. She's a good person (although her reasoning for not taking PG on the reward was cold). ...
...and dumb. I'm all about not leaving the outsider back at camp with an insider. She got lucky, but that manuever could've broke her alliance.

That said I voted Denise to win for her bad strategy. The fact that she just rode everyone else's coattails might just pull her out $1 mil.

Amanda and Todd have both played much better games but I think whichever of them doesn't win immunity the other is out at 4. If neither wins Amanda will go. That leaves Denise and Courtney to go against Todd or Amanda, both of whom have enemies on the jury. Everyone hates Courtney (except Frosti), which leaves Denise as my odds-on favorite Sole Survivor.

Just me talkin'.

ETA- I'm rooting for The Blur. I think she's played the best game so far - it all comes down to getting rid of Denise because I think Blur's got the other 2 beat easily right now on the vote.

Last edited by TheGodfather; 12-16-07 at 04:58 AM.
Old 12-16-07, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Don't know. I have trouble warming to any of them.

My plan: Let the DVR watch it. Read the spoilers after the fact. See if it worth buzzing through the recording tomorrow to "watch the train wreck." If nothing else, it shortens each hour to 45 min. Can you sense my lack of excitement?
Old 12-16-07, 08:50 AM
Banned

I'm not sold on that. Amanda NEEDS to win immunity to make it to the final two. Shes gotta be a favorite physically against any combonation of the other three but the last challenge is always the endurance one and with this group its a toss up. If Amanda doesn't win she's likely a goner. They all know that shes a jury favorite and they'll take the first opporitunity to cut her loose. I wouldn't be surprised if they vote out Amanda over Denise in the first tribal but I think both Courtney and Todd want to stick to their alliance ties.

Since she is a jury favorite I doubt anyone will want to take her to the final two. So since she needs to win immunity I can't consider her a favorite. Meanwhile both Amanda and Denise are itching to be in a final two with Todd. So odds are that Todd will easily finish in at least second place, without having to win immunity, and will be up against Courtney.
I think whoever doesn't win immunity between Todd and Amanda will be voted out. Both of them will want to go up against either Denise or Courtney in the jury.
Old 12-16-07, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

That's kind of what I meant about it being Amanda's to lose. Todd has to have figured that he can't beat her by now, right. I know two weeks ago on the show he was talking to her about going to the final together, and she was his initial and strongest alliance.

Todd NEEDS to stick to Courtney. If Amanda doesn't win immunity she needs to try convince Denise to stick to her.
Old 12-16-07, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Will this be on time tonight?
Old 12-16-07, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Will this be on time tonight?
yes
Old 12-16-07, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Let's see...Courtney's holocaust-survivor body and Denise's armpit boobs and front butt are ok to show, but Amanda shows a little cheek and it's blurred out? Bleccch!
Old 12-16-07, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mike7162
Let's see...Courtney's holocaust-survivor body and Denise's armpit boobs and front butt are ok to show, but Amanda shows a little cheek and it's blurred out? Bleccch!
I think she requested it be blurred
Old 12-16-07, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I hate the immunity challenge.
Old 12-16-07, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But I'm okay with the outcome of final immunity challenge.
Old 12-16-07, 08:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bye Bye Denise (just lost the challenge to Amanda). Looks like Skeletor, Beauty Queen, & Flight Guy in the end.
Old 12-16-07, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Scintillating TV, this final tribal council is not. Gawd, if Courtney wins, I...don't know how I feel about this show anymore.

I still think it's funny how no jury member ever remembers their own lying and deceit that got them as far as it did before getting the boot.
Old 12-16-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, the votes are in:

Spoiler:
Todd takes home the money with 4 votes, Courtney got 2, and Amanda only got one vote.

Eh, underwhelmed, but it's how it goes.
Old 12-16-07, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hooray for Todd!

He played a hell of a game. This was a very good season.
Old 12-16-07, 09:19 PM

The final vote turned out exactly as it should have. Amanda was the clear winner here...until final tribal, where she managed to make Courtney look good.
Old 12-16-07, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

PG is a very very bitter bitch!
Old 12-16-07, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hey Todd, Flock of Seagulls called, they want their hairdo back.

It was good to see how well Todd played on J-R's vanity.

Yeah, too bad Amanda just went into schlep-mode, too afraid to own her deceit and lies in terms of the game.
Old 12-16-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think Amanda had much of a chance to begin with. It didn't seem like anyone liked her all that much. The final tribal council just made it worse.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.