DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : YAET Feedback Related

bobe
12-14-07, 12:14 PM
I bought a DVD in a Ebay auction. Paid for it a few minutes after the auction ended. Three weeks later still no DVD. I've tried contacting the seller a few times and I get no response. If I give negative feedback I know I'm going to recieve the same even though I handled my end promptly. I know one negative won't kill me but I'd rather not have it. I could just forget about it, I mean it only ten bucks but I'm really thinking about negging them. Is there any way to get a negative feedback removed if it isn't warrantied. I have over three hundred transactions on Ebay. For over three years I didn't have a problem but in the last month I've had problems with two sellers. One sent a fake item the other didn't send anything.

JoeyOhhhh
12-14-07, 12:15 PM
If you paid by Paypal put in a claim ASAP, I just recently did that and I was credited back the money since the seller never responded to the claim.

Cardsfan111
12-14-07, 12:22 PM
If you paid by Paypal put in a claim ASAP, I just recently did that and I was credited back the money since the seller never responded to the claim.
That's the way to go. I think you have 45 days to do so. I wouldn't worry about the negative feedback, especially if you're worried about getting one in return.

al_bundy
12-14-07, 12:40 PM
what does the shipping say?

media mail can take 6 weeks

jjcool
12-14-07, 08:50 PM
what does the shipping say?

media mail can take 6 weeks

THat brings up one of my biggest pet peeves. I dont mind media mail at all. it's fine. But spend the 50 cents or whatever it is to have some sort of tracking or delivery confirmation. Then email it to me, the buyer, so I can check the status of the package and know that it was actually shipped. With the amount that most sellers on ebay charge for shipping, they shoudl be able to afford some sort of tracking on the parcel. As for the original poster, hopefully you paid with paypal. I would file a complaint with paypal and ebay.

DVD Polizei
12-14-07, 08:53 PM
There is no tracking number available for media mail service.

Heat
12-14-07, 11:41 PM
I think that media mail can now have tracking. If not, the person should have sent it first class anyway - the rate is cheaper for first class for something less than a pound, like a DVD.

Cardsfan111
12-15-07, 12:06 AM
I haven't sold anything in a while, but I'm nearly certain you can send media mail and add delivery confirmation...that's what I remember doing when I shipped things out. I did this for my own peace of mind and only provided it for the buyer if there was a dispute or a question if it was sent.

bunkaroo
12-15-07, 07:32 AM
Just to clarify a couple things:

You can absolutely put delivery confirmation on Media Mail.

Like Heat said, O\on a single DVD, it is actually cheaper to ship 1st Class than Media Mail, provided you use a padded envelope (the norm). I don't believe Media Mail is cheaper until you hit around the 7 ounce threshold. The average DVD in a padded envelope is about 4 to 5 ounces.

Regarding OP, you should definitely leave negative feedback. One of the main points of the feedback system is to warn other buyers of a seller's behavior.

Also, if the seller receives too many negatives, they may be forbidden from listing, which is a good thing.

If they leave you negative in return, just use the "Respond To Feedback" option to put your rebuttal on your feedback page, and be sure to state the feedback is retaliatory and the seller did not provide proof of shipment.

bobe
12-15-07, 11:51 AM
I could understand if the seller said he had shipped the DVD but I'm getting no response. Accidents happen and I have had stuff get lost in the mail. Eventually it shows up at the right place or the place it was shipped. I could understand that but what gets me is the no response. The seller has very good feedback but I haven't seen the item and worse haven't heard from the seller.

movieguru
12-15-07, 12:00 PM
Here's one thing I reccomend for buying and selling on EBAY.Have 2 accounts. One for buying and one for selling. The one you are using to buy with don't worry about getting negative feedback as it really doesn't matter much if you're not going to sell with that account.

7Keys
12-15-07, 12:27 PM
If he leaves you negative make sure you do the follow up and state something to the effect of "out of revenge - see his account".

I have 7 negatives, all revenge, and I just tell people to look at their acct because most of them had a history of doing it more than once.

I know you don't want negatives, but it is as a buyer, and one shouldn't hurt you.

Goldblum
12-15-07, 12:59 PM
Neg him. Most ebay vets are smart enough to look at the reasons why a neg was left. Retalitory negs are easy to spot.

al_bundy
12-15-07, 11:13 PM
I could understand if the seller said he had shipped the DVD but I'm getting no response. Accidents happen and I have had stuff get lost in the mail. Eventually it shows up at the right place or the place it was shipped. I could understand that but what gets me is the no response. The seller has very good feedback but I haven't seen the item and worse haven't heard from the seller.

if the seller is a powerseller than they are probably too busy to leave feedback. most of them are small businesses that operate on very low margins and no customer service