Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Fullscreen Twin Pack - Lucky # Slevin/The Matador

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-13-07, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just a quick rant on a Friday morning....

got my latest order from the DD 20% off sale - which included a TWIN PACK from the Weinstein Company of LUCKY # SLEVIN and THE MATADOR (picked up this title after seeing it on the guy who 'mega ordered' something like $6000 on dvds !!)

and what do I find.... but both titles are in FULL SCREEN ??

Did anyone else pick up these ??

I'm aware that this twin pack 'special' is no longer offered anyway online. But FOOLSCREEN ???? WHAT THE **** ???? !!

( ** I note that the DD site at the time of the 20% off sale had most titles showing as 'fullscreen' when they werent)

How many others have gotten burnt by STUPID SPECIALS or PROMOTIONS like this ? Maybe the bigger question is WHY there are FOOLSCREEN versions of DVDs made - or why couldnt that include both formats on a single disc if they are still trying to attract the Wallyworld crowd ? And these DVD companies are wanting to attract people into HD and still made SD-DVDs in Foolscreen ??

Needless to say this was twin pack was a waste of a few $$ - and will remain unopened.

Whoever at the Weinstein Company or their distributor is that thought that they could package two foolscreen DVDs together needs to be shot !!

end rant